Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Kenwood Travel
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 13 Nov 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
YLL
Imagineer
 
YLL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 17
Location: London
Originally Posted by Ils View Post
I'm assuming every person that declares FOP as the best ride they have ever been on are the same type people you would never see on a major rollercoaster such as Mako, Montu or Hulk?
🙄 You know what they say about assuming?

I've been on Hulk, not on Mako or Montu. Been on all the rollercoasters in Alton Towers and Thorpe Park. Coasters are great fun, but FOP was something else, completely different and for me 10 times more joyful and exhilarating than any coaster.

Edited at 09:44 PM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gran Destino Tower Adventure!
Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 19, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post
#10
Claudette
Imagineer
 
Claudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 18
Location: Hertfordshire

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Ils View Post
I'm assuming every person that declares FOP as the best ride they have ever been on are the same type people you would never see on a major rollercoaster such as Mako, Montu or Hulk?
Why would you assume that? .
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
#11
sha9
VIP Dibber

 
sha9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 08

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ils View Post
I'm assuming every person that declares FOP as the best ride they have ever been on are the same type people you would never see on a major rollercoaster such as Mako, Montu or Hulk?
I dont understand your point? I dont like rollercoasters so FoP is a better ride in my opinion than any rollercoaster. Ive been on loads of coasters over the years and FoP wins hands down.

Best ride ever is always going to be subjective. Its irrelevant whether people who like FoP also like Hulk.
__________________
Lisa

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Where are we staying in 2020?
Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
#12
thingy003
Thread Starter
Getting Excited
 
Join Date: Jan 16
I am much more of a traditional roller-coaster type of person. I feel very ill when I do the 3D rides so I have to take tablets. I didn't feel bad at all after FoP and the whole experience for me was just incredible.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Booked at last...
Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
#13
vampiress88
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I prefer Na'vi River to FOP. I really don't get the FOP hype. NR is beautiful.
But if you are a thrill seeker then its pretty but boring.
Its more like a boat through a themed village. Theres really not much to it and for me not something I would do again. Nor would I want to wait for something like that.

I cant wait for fop. I am hoping my 5 year old will enjoy it too. She loved big coasters like everest.
Star Wars is not my cup of tea and the ride hasnt had the greatest reviews but as both will be open when we go then we will be going to it. Just cos I like to have done all the rides at least once, I think both kids will be able to ride and they might enjoy it more than us too.

Also dont get why people who like fop wouldnt do hulk etc.
It always seems to me that there are the coaster/adrenaline junkie type and then the slow theme type.
You either like exiting rides or you dont and I would have assumed from what people say that fop is exciting.
But thats just a very narrow black and white kinda guess on people. There my be loads that also fit into lots of different categories.
Suppose you never really know. Its all personal and at least at Disney there really is something for everyone
vampiress88 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second Disney holiday!
Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
#14
Claudette
Imagineer
 
Claudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 18
Location: Hertfordshire

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
But if you are a thrill seeker then its pretty but boring.
Its more like a boat through a themed village. Theres really not much to it and for me not something I would do again. Nor would I want to wait for something like that.

I cant wait for fop. I am hoping my 5 year old will enjoy it too. She loved big coasters like everest.
Star Wars is not my cup of tea and the ride hasnt had the greatest reviews but as both will be open when we go then we will be going to it. Just cos I like to have done all the rides at least once, I think both kids will be able to ride and they might enjoy it more than us too.

Also dont get why people who like fop wouldnt do hulk etc.
It always seems to me that there are the coaster/adrenaline junkie type and then the slow theme type.
You either like exiting rides or you dont and I would have assumed from what people say that fop is exciting.
But thats just a very narrow black and white kinda guess on people. There my be loads that also fit into lots of different categories.
Suppose you never really know. Its all personal and at least at Disney there really is something for everyone
I love FoP, I also enjoy coasters such as hulk and I think that Navi River is a beautiful ride. l wouldnt use my prebookable Tier 1 fastpass on it but we headed there during EMH and picked up several additional FP for it on the day on the last trip.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
#15
YLL
Imagineer
 
YLL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 17
Location: London
Personally I enjoy all types of rides... from slow dark rides to coasters.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gran Destino Tower Adventure!
Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
#16
Ils
Trying for More Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 18
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
🙄 You know what they say about assuming?

I've been on Hulk, not on Mako or Montu. Been on all the rollercoasters in Alton Towers and Thorpe Park. Coasters are great fun, but FOP was something else, completely different and for me 10 times more joyful and exhilarating than any coaster.
Get yourself on Mako the next time your there and let me know if you still feel the same way?

I generally believe FOP is one of the most overrated ride systems I have ever been on and if that ride was built without Pandora and the emotional attachment that comes with it due to how well the land is done then it would be another Soarin.

For me that is why Tower of Terror is the best ride Disney have ever built. You could stick that beast in any theme park around the world as a standalone attraction and it would just work.

Edited at 02:19 PM.
Ils is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal
Reply With Quote
Reply
Orlando Attraction Tickets

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Klook

theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2899
Covent Garden FX  $1.2998
FAIRFX  $1.2885
John Lewis  $1.2943
M&S  $1.2670
Post Office  $1.2683
Sainsburys  $1.2896
TESCO  $1.2908
Travelex  $1.2827
Updated: 22:02 10/12/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1647
Covent Garden FX  €1.1714
FAIRFX  €1.1620
John Lewis  €1.1691
M&S  €1.1470
Post Office  €1.1454
Sainsburys  €1.1653
TESCO  €1.1665
Travelex  €1.1600
Updated: 22:02 10/12/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Tue 10th Dec 5:21pm
Now: 27C/81F
Clear Sky
Clear Sky
Cloud Cover: 1%
Wind: 3mph - SSE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1018mb
Humidity: 69%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 22:20 10/12/2019