Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Nov 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ils View Post
I'm assuming every person that declares FOP as the best ride they have ever been on are the same type people you would never see on a major rollercoaster such as Mako, Montu or Hulk?
I don’t understand your point? I don’t like rollercoasters so FoP is a better ride in my opinion than any rollercoaster. I’ve been on loads of coasters over the years and FoP wins hands down.

“Best ride ever” is always going to be subjective. It’s irrelevant whether people who like FoP also like Hulk.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Excited about Disney

I am much more of a traditional roller-coaster type of person. I feel very ill when I do the 3D rides so I have to take tablets. I didn't feel bad at all after FoP and the whole experience for me was just incredible.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I prefer Na'vi River to FOP. I really don't get the FOP hype. NR is beautiful.
But if you are a thrill seeker then it’s pretty but boring.
It’s more like a boat through a themed village. There’s really not much to it and for me not something I would do again. Nor would I want to wait for something like that.

I can’t wait for fop. I am hoping my 5 year old will enjoy it too. She loved big coasters like everest.
Star Wars is not my cup of tea and the ride hasn’t had the greatest reviews but as both will be open when we go then we will be going to it. Just cos I like to have done all the rides at least once, I think both kids will be able to ride and they might enjoy it more than us too.

Also don’t get why people who like fop wouldn’t do hulk etc.
It always seems to me that there are the coaster/adrenaline junkie type and then the slow theme type.
You either like exiting rides or you don’t and I would have assumed from what people say that fop is exciting.
But that’s just a very narrow black and white kinda guess on people. There my be loads that also fit into lots of different categories.
Suppose you never really know. It’s all personal and at least at Disney there really is something for everyone
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
But if you are a thrill seeker then it’s pretty but boring.
It’s more like a boat through a themed village. There’s really not much to it and for me not something I would do again. Nor would I want to wait for something like that.

I can’t wait for fop. I am hoping my 5 year old will enjoy it too. She loved big coasters like everest.
Star Wars is not my cup of tea and the ride hasn’t had the greatest reviews but as both will be open when we go then we will be going to it. Just cos I like to have done all the rides at least once, I think both kids will be able to ride and they might enjoy it more than us too.

Also don’t get why people who like fop wouldn’t do hulk etc.
It always seems to me that there are the coaster/adrenaline junkie type and then the slow theme type.
You either like exiting rides or you don’t and I would have assumed from what people say that fop is exciting.
But that’s just a very narrow black and white kinda guess on people. There my be loads that also fit into lots of different categories.
Suppose you never really know. It’s all personal and at least at Disney there really is something for everyone
I love FoP, I also enjoy coasters such as hulk and I think that Na’vi River is a beautiful ride. l wouldn’t use my prebookable Tier 1 fastpass on it but we headed there during EMH and picked up several additional FP for it on the day on the last trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Personally I enjoy all types of rides... from slow dark rides to coasters.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
🙄 You know what they say about assuming?

I've been on Hulk, not on Mako or Montu. Been on all the rollercoasters in Alton Towers and Thorpe Park. Coasters are great fun, but FOP was something else, completely different and for me 10 times more joyful and exhilarating than any coaster.
Get yourself on Mako the next time your there and let me know if you still feel the same way?

I generally believe FOP is one of the most overrated ride systems I have ever been on and if that ride was built without Pandora and the emotional attachment that comes with it due to how well the land is done then it would be another Soarin.

For me that is why Tower of Terror is the best ride Disney have ever built. You could stick that beast in any theme park around the world as a standalone attraction and it would just work.

Edited at 02:19 PM.
Ils is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Personally I enjoy all types of rides... from slow dark rides to coasters.
That's us as well. Be it high adrenaline or a slow boat type ride they are all entertaining.

We have a very small list of things we don't do or only do rarely but that's just us.

I suspect every Member on here if given a list of 20 attractions would rate them in a different fashion. Maybe we need a Poll!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ils View Post
Get yourself on Mako the next time your there and let me know if you still feel the same way?

I generally believe FOP is one of the most overrated ride systems I have ever been on and if that ride was built without Pandora and the emotional attachment that comes with it due to how well the land is done then it would be another Soarin.

For me that is why Tower of Terror is the best ride Disney have ever built. You could stick that beast in any theme park around the world as a standalone attraction and it would just work.
It’s not overrated, you just don’t rate it. It’s not the same thing. It’s ok to not like something that everyone else likes but it doesn’t mean it’s overrated. And emotional attachment to Pandora? Are you joking? Who has an emotional attachment to Avatar? Not me certainly. It was an ok film but if I have any emotional attachment it’s to Star Wars and I’d take FoP over SR every time. FoP is nothing like Soarin’.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It’s not overrated, you just don’t rate it. It’s not the same thing. It’s ok to not like something that everyone else likes but it doesn’t mean it’s overrated. And emotional attachment to Pandora? Are you joking? Who has an emotional attachment to Avatar? Not me certainly. It was an ok film but if I have any emotional attachment it’s to Star Wars and I’d take FoP over SR every time. FoP is nothing like Soarin’.
You took the words out of my mouth!

Mako looks awesome but my schedule and budget for next year only allows for Disney and, for the first time since 2014, Universal parks. I wish I could add Sea World and try Mako but it's not gonna happen, unfortunately.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Well said Lisa.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, FOP is one of the harder to get FPs and has the longest queues because people rate it. Obviously not everybody will like it.

I have no emotional attachment to Pandora whatsoever, I do however really like Star Wars as does DH, but we would both pick FOP over Smugglers Run any day of the week, because it is a better ride.

And we both dislike Soarin. Flight of passage is not even remotely like Soarin. I don’t have a line of dangling feet in front of me on FOP for a start.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List