Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 13 Nov 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Gone all Goofy

Free Dining - Adding AP Holder to Room?

Hello all,

Hoping the Dibb wisdom can steer me in the right path with a couple of questions..we haven't bought annual passes before but with our honeymoon, the 50th anniversary and my 30th all looming within the next few years it might be time to give it a whirl!

So, question one: if I book myself a room when the free dining promotion is next on and meet the qualifications (buy the 14 day ticket from Disney direct etc) so that I have free dining what would happen if I then added my partner (who held an annual pass) to the booking?

Would this

- not be possible without him buying an additional ticket?
-be possible but we would only have one set of free dining credits between us?
-be something else I haven't thought of?

Question two: if we book the room in the usual way and both get free dining but then upgraded to an annual passes during our trip would we lose the dining for the remainder of our stay? I've read you lose fastpasses if you have more than 7 days worth booked so just wondering if it's similar with the dining?

Thank you for any help!
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Discovery Cove Wedding!
Unread 13 Nov 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
VIP Dibber

Last year we booked with Disney free DDP on the 2nd day we both upgraded our tickets to annual pass, we kept all our fast passes and free dining, we known that we were going back in the November and also in May so got 3 trips from the annual pass so we did get our moneys worth from the annual pass.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Jaz & Ezri 1st Trip
Unread 13 Nov 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We just watched a vlog and they booked free dining with two week tickets. They upgraded the tickets on day one as the cost of remaining days is discounted from your AP. At least thats what Wardies World said. This didnt effect their dining or FPs or ADRs for the trip they were on at all.
Back to OKW
Unread 13 Nov 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
We had free dining this summer, and upgraded to AP whilst there. Fastpasses and dining credits were unaffected.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DVC for the 1st time (AKL)
Unread 13 Nov 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Gone all Goofy

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with upgrading whilst already there and keeping free dining! Really appreciate all the help.

Would anyone happen to know the answer to my first question? About what happens if you try to add someone with an annual pass to a room booked with free dining?
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Discovery Cove Wedding!
Unread 13 Nov 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jemrock View Post
Thank you all for sharing your experiences with upgrading whilst already there and keeping free dining! Really appreciate all the help.

Would anyone happen to know the answer to my first question? About what happens if you try to add someone with an annual pass to a room booked with free dining?
They wouldn't get the free dining in this case.
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 14 Nov 19, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by jemrock View Post

I dont know how you could have one person in the room that has a room / ticket package and the other that is just on the room. As far as I can tell, all occupants of the room need to be on the same deal. Certainly there is no way to book like this online, maybe you should call them to make sure.

Regarding your earlier comment about seven days of in 30 days, this applies to offsite AP holders only. An onsite AP holder can book FP for the duration of these online stay.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Unread 14 Nov 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I would give them a call, but I think Claudette is right, everyone in the same room has to be under the same package, as Disney allocate a certain number of rooms to the different promotions. x
US Rent A Car