Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 21 Mar 16, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Just to update you all. My DD was refused for outpatient / daycare at both the galaxy and the priory due to her bmi being too low for their services. Her weight then failed to pick up and inpatient seemed inevitable. we Tried to get funding from the nhs for the priory as an NHS bed was due to become available at our local unit which would not have suited her
The funding was approved on Friday morning and we immediately got a phone call saying she had to go in straight away. Friday was a very difficult day .
But she is in the right place. She has to use a wheelchair until her bmi hits 14 so that is a huge incentive as she was really upset when she found out she had to use the wheelchair
The road ahead is a long one , but she is in the right place and seems to have settled in well. Thankfully my son (12) seems to be coping with it but he doesn't realise what a long stretch it will be

Edited at 08:10 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I dreamed a dream
Unread 21 Mar 16, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

This will be a tough time for you, but you can see from the recommendations on here that she is in a wonderful place. She will be given the tools she needs to deal with the issue now, and how to recognise her own signs and symptoms should she need to deal with it in future. Best wishes
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP
Unread 21 Mar 16, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Best wishes to you and your family .

She's in the right place now to get the help she needs .. Meanwhile look after yourself
LA 2015. 2016.2017.2018.2019
Vegas 2004.06.11.12.13.14.15,16.17.18.19
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Charlotte /Atlanta/Daytona/Miami/Orlando
Unread 21 Mar 16, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Best wishes to you and your family. It will be a long tough road, but she's in the best place now. {hugs}
Unread 21 Mar 16, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lmjenk
Serious Dibber

Getting her there and the heartbreak that would have caused you all is the hardest step in this so well done for taking it - now its a slow road onwards hopefully - lots of people go on to live a normal life into adulthood and and Im sure she will beat this. Sending you healing thoughts and as tough as it was you have done the the most loving thing a parent can for her x
Lmjenk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our first California Road Trip
Unread 21 Mar 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks for your messages. Got my DD a new basic phone yesterday as she is not allowed one with Internet or a camera. ( really glad we bought her an iPhone for Xmas ) For the first time tonight we are not seeing her as we feel she needs to adapt herself and learn to manage without us.
Anyway DW gets a text from DD " please come and pick me up and take me home ". It's absolutely heartbreaking but we do know she is in the right place. We are lucky we managed to get the funding through and that the Priory is only 45 minutes from us. The Postcode lottery springs to mind and we have had a good few numbers on our line !
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I dreamed a dream
Unread 21 Mar 16, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Thanks for your messages. Got my DD a new basic phone yesterday as she is not allowed one with Internet or a camera. ( really glad we bought her an iPhone for Xmas ) For the first time tonight we are not seeing her as we feel she needs to adapt herself and learn to manage without us.
Anyway DW gets a text from DD " please come and pick me up and take me home ". It's absolutely heartbreaking but we do know she is in the right place. We are lucky we managed to get the funding through and that the Priory is only 45 minutes from us. The Postcode lottery springs to mind and we have had a good few numbers on our line !
Theres likely be a lot of guilt tripping to come I'm afraid. I wish you and your DW the strength to keep saying no because she is in the right place. Best of luck and I hope your daughter gets the help she needs

Loved our Second once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
One last onsite visit!
Unread 21 Mar 16, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Sending hugs to you and your family. She is in the right place, getting the help she needs.

My ds has an eating disorder, he's been in and out of treatment programmes since he was 13 and he's now 18 and is the best weight he's ever been and seems in a good place . He's been signed off at the moment and whilst I know it will always be something that he will have to deal with you can get through it and regain control.

Do they have family support you can access? I used to go to a carers support group with parents and family of others going through it, I found it really helpful? Do ask. Take care if yourselves. Xx
QuickSilver