Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jun 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LDISNEYFOX View Post
Yes you’re right. Just absolutely gut wrenching to be 3 days away from going. My son still wants me to rebook disney resort but it’s such a lot of money with no food included. Would rather stay off site but he isn’t having any of it!
I have absolutely mooched around my house all day feeling sad about my holiday, when I had more than a month’s notice of our cancellation, so losing Disney at such short notice absolutely gut wrenching for sure, especially for kids, and then you seeing that.

I’m a big fan of offsite stays, that’s what we always did when I was a kid - having a villa with a pool was epic!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

I’m so sorry for you and your family. I’m sure tons of people were caught in your exact situation. I hope you can return to the US soon.

Mary
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Me too. We’ve essentially just lost our honeymoon.

I was honestly hoping that Disney would say they’d honour existing bookings & offers for next year.
Doesn’t feel like any Disney magic applied at all and I understand that they’re a business but they’re just giving people no incentive to go back, and leaving so many people heartbroken it just doesn’t feel very ‘Disney’ to me at all!
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
I have absolutely mooched around my house all day feeling sad about my holiday, when I had more than a month’s notice of our cancellation, so losing Disney at such short notice absolutely gut wrenching for sure, especially for kids, and then you seeing that.

I’m a big fan of offsite stays, that’s what we always did when I was a kid - having a villa with a pool was epic!
I’ve never tried a villa. Trying to persuade kids. Scared of driving though.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
Me too. We’ve essentially just lost our honeymoon.

I was honestly hoping that Disney would say they’d honour existing bookings & offers for next year.
Doesn’t feel like any Disney magic applied at all and I understand that they’re a business but they’re just giving people no incentive to go back, and leaving so many people heartbroken it just doesn’t feel very ‘Disney’ to me at all!
My travel agent is still waiting an announcement for next year! Fingers crossed they will honour something.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by LDISNEYFOX View Post
My travel agent is still waiting an announcement for next year! Fingers crossed they will honour something.
Well we have to decide by the 27th of this month, or else it’s just cancelled. In reality we’ll not be going this year (not wanting to spend disney prices for a reduce experienced, especially on my honeymoon plus it’s likely we’ll be postponing the wedding anyway) but I had really hoped they’d either just let us transfer our full booking to next year and honour existing DDP bookings, or at least offer us a discount for next year to reflect it.

We can’t afford to do it without the DDP, and so many others are in the same boat. It’s so sad for everyone.
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Well we have to decide by the 27th of this month, or else it’s just cancelled. In reality we’ll not be going this year (not wanting to spend disney prices for a reduce experienced, especially on my honeymoon plus it’s likely we’ll be postponing the wedding anyway) but I had really hoped they’d either just let us transfer our full booking to next year and honour existing DDP bookings, or at least offer us a discount for next year to reflect it.

We can’t afford to do it without the DDP, and so many others are in the same boat. It’s so sad for everyone.
I wonder if they’re not sure how long they might need to keep attendance lower, hence not wanting to give offers when they might not have capacity to fulfil.

Sadly if you have a lot of people who want to go, and can fill to capacity without any offers, there’s no incentive to offer a discount or extra.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I wonder if they’re not sure how long they might need to keep attendance lower, hence not wanting to give offers when they might not have capacity to fulfil.

Sadly if you have a lot of people who want to go, and can fill to capacity without any offers, there’s no incentive to offer a discount or extra.
No, I know and I understand that, it’s just crappy customer service and that is not what you think of when you think of Disney.
They’ll still get people going, and get money in so no loss to them, but they’ll also have alienated a lot of people too.
We are very unlikely to rebook now, and if we do the new value will be nowhere near the value of this year. As others seem to be doing, universal is looking more preferential at the minute!
Old 12 Jun 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

No, I know and I understand that, it’s just crappy customer service and that is not what you think of when you think of Disney.
They’ll still get people going, and get money in so no loss to them, but they’ll also have alienated a lot of people too.
We are very unlikely to rebook now, and if we do the new value will be nowhere near the value of this year. As others seem to be doing, universal is looking more preferential at the minute!
I agree, the thing that has surprised me most in cancelling two affected US holidays (about a dozen hotel bookings, two car hires etc) is that the worst communications by far have been from Disney.

I am likely to go back to primarily offsite when we return, We always did offsite until our 2018 trip and always enjoyed it.
Old 12 Jun 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I agree, the thing that has surprised me most in cancelling two affected US holidays (about a dozen hotel bookings, two car hires etc) is that the worst communications by far have been from Disney.

I am likely to go back to primarily offsite when we return, We always did offsite until our 2018 trip and always enjoyed it.
It’s just very unexpected isn’t it! You think Disney, you think fab customer service. I’ve never stayed offsite before but it’s something I’ll be looking into now.