Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Jun 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Americans seeing some big WDW hotel prices rises for 2020

These don’t seem to have filtered to the U.K. deals yet (not possible, as just announced in US and of course they cannot just put up the free dining costs here now) but Americans have seen some big nightly increases in cost.

What is really interesting, and why I’m posting, is that the two resorts that have got the Skyliner- Pop and Caribbean Beach are seeing double digit percentage increases in nightly rates at certain times.

It was always said that the Skyliner was a win/win for Disney- not only do they save on busses and drivers, but also see it as justification for rising resort prices.

Caribbean Beach for example, has risen 17% August 2020 compared to August 2019. Pop up 12%.

I’m expecting we will see some chunky rises for us in 2021.

Deluxe resorts look to have gone up about 6-7%

Parking fees up. Annual passes up massively as you probably already know.
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It is interesting because I see the Skyliner as a negative. It’s a big eyesore and is the reason we switched (and paid more to do it) to CSR this year. Even better that CSR is cheaper next year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes I noticed that when I think mousavers sent out the link. We’ve already booked offsite next year as they has stopped free dining in October looks like this year will be our last onsite stay if these are anything to go by
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think perhaps some of the increase are because they are near GE not just the skyliner but both add value and Disney certainly are going to cream off that . Add in the 50th to boot as that will cover next times dining offer etc I’m glad we are going this year if I’m honest .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Which prices did you use for 2019? Because there has already been an increase in US prices for this year, at least at Pop.

I have a speculative stay booked at Pop in September to see Illuminations but I'm not sure I can make it work yet so preferred to book in the US. This was booked early February this year with the US free dining offer. A few months ago (March/April?) that exact same stay saw an overnight increase of $25/night, still for a standard room. Did you use the 2019 prices from before or after this increase?

I have to correct myself: about $46 is due to a ticket increase. The rate increased between $15 and $22 per night before tax, depending on the day.

Edited at 12:07 PM.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It does seem that the price increases are higher at the Skyliner resorts with the others being just an average increase. CBR has increased in price for UK visitors too putting it more in line with the PO resorts.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Gotta pay for GE somehow.
Old 23 Jun 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I wonder how long the big increases can keep coming- are they nearing a limit? I know many US pass holders, at least on forums are saying they are not buying again, not going again, but its like on any forums you get the people complaining- normally me lol. I would like to see actual figures. We have all sorts opening- Ratatouille, Mickey and Minnie train (I think that will turn out to be a huge sleeper hit, the technology looks fantastic), Tron, 50th- then probably announced at D3, the full Epcot refurb into 2023- pushing new attractions and refurbs well beyond the 50th, and probably more Epcot Pavillions also- I can see it continuing to go up and up, as long as they don't hit recession- people just keep coming.
Old 23 Jun 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Putting aside a further recession which will happen albeit we don't know when but sure as eggs are eggs it will I think the prices will continue to escalate at well beyond inflation rates.

The turning point I think will be when the boards are full of people moaning that the Parks cannot physically cope with the multitudes. To me that is very near already.

DHS will be the one to watch and I think it will be dreadful from late August on.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I wonder how long the big increases can keep coming- are they nearing a limit? I know many US pass holders, at least on forums are saying they are not buying again, not going again, but its like on any forums you get the people complaining- normally me lol. I would like to see actual figures. We have all sorts opening- Ratatouille, Mickey and Minnie train (I think that will turn out to be a huge sleeper hit, the technology looks fantastic), Tron, 50th- then probably announced at D3, the full Epcot refurb into 2023- pushing new attractions and refurbs well beyond the 50th, and probably more Epcot Pavillions also- I can see it continuing to go up and up, as long as they don't hit recession- people just keep coming.
They’ll raise them as long as they think the market will bear it