Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Travelling in November, when to get dollars

I travel for 10 nights on Nov 8th.

The question is... when do I get my dollars. I have a monzo card too which I plan to use. If we leave with a no deal Brexit though, the price surely is gonna take a fall ?

So now my plan is to get about $400 before I go. What do you think, should I get them now or wait until after Brexit and get them early November ?
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

No one can answer this question. The rate today is 1.24ish better than it’s been for a while. The obvious answer is to buy half now and half later but on $400 you probably aren’t looking at much more than a £30 difference in cost so it probably doesn’t really matter much either way
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida White
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Everything could change after 31 October depending on Brexit. If it looks like leaving the EU that will affect rates, a change of Government will also change rates and potentially staying in the EU will also affect it. There’s no way of knowing you could edge and buy half now then half just before you go
Florida White is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

We're in the same position, going 1st November. I'm going to get £3-400 of cash and then just accept that rates could be better or worse when we're away.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

Going on 13th November, bought £1200 worth of Dollars last Thursday, got a rate of 1.242, which I was happy with.
Scattle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Easy, when you see a rate you are happy with, buy your dollars.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I got ours the other day for november, thought the rate was quite good at 1.23 something- must stop looking now!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

I go in April but got some last week. Get them whenever you are happy with the rate. No-one can see the future so you have to make your own decision.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
catherine p
Helping Minnie

Hi we got ours Sunday at 1.24 which we were happy with, we go November I didn’t want to leave it any longer.
But if your happy with what you already have then go with that.
catherine p is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List