Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jan 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Your favourite Closed attraction?

Ours was the Studio Backlot Tour!
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

We also enjoyed that as well as the great movie ride.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Wouldn’t say it was my favourite but the most interesting ride/attraction was the alien one in Magic Kingdom. I thought the lady next to me was going to have a heart attack. You were basically strapped in, in the dark and an alien escaped. Does anyone remember that?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Wouldn’t say it was my favourite but the most interesting ride/attraction was the alien one in Magic Kingdom. I thought the lady next to me was going to have a heart attack. You were basically strapped in, in the dark and an alien escaped. Does anyone remember that?
Yes I loved it - they just switched the alien for Stitch and a poor story line...
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Yes, it was horrible
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I loved Lights, Camera, Action. First time watching it I dropped my camera when the flames made me jump...
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Yes I loved it - they just switched the alien for Stitch and a poor story line...
I’ve not been on the Stitch ride. Is it the same then? Just with Stitch? Doesn’t sound as good.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I’ve not been on the Stitch ride. Is it the same then? Just with Stitch? Doesn’t sound as good.
Yes identical with the dark, but Stitch escapes! It's closed now though - being remodelled I think?
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

I was terrified on this! I think it just took me by surprise - I didn't expect that level of intensity in the Magic Kingdom. I always thought it was strangely out of place there.
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Jaws.
As a child, I remember it being shown on Blue Peter and thinking WOW! , Amazing and other such thoughts. Flying was very expensive in those days, my parents had just purchased their first house and I never thought for one moment that I would ever get to see it.
1st Orlando trip was in 2005, with another family. We only bought Disney and a day in Seaworld.. gutted.
2009.. Univeral! Jaws was shut for maintenance, but at least I had seen the landing.
2010.. Yes! .. Jaws down for maintenance.
2011. Finally, I got there and it was open.. 5 rides that day.
It is such a shame that it has gone, but I fully understand the reasons why (Costs of maintenance, costs of the explosions and simply, age).
Diagon Alley is a worthy replacement, but we still ceremoniously trudge to the Rubber Shark and get the obligatory photos every time.

Edited at 10:58 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List