Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 7 Apr 16, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

30 Year's Of Joy and Laughter... May 2015 ... Day 4!

Trip Index

We were tired this morning! Tom was up at 6:30 today and left us in bed for an extra half an hour whilst he headed down for a more leisurely breakfast. Once we dragged ourselves up we joined him and were heading down to the park by 7:40.

The weather wasn't as good this morning and as we approached the park it stated to rain, not too heavily though. We quickly joined the queue to meet Donald, unfortunately the photopass photographer hadn't joined him yet.

Aaron and Tom headed straight down to Buzz whilst I browsed for a hoody in the shops. I walked down and joined them 20 minutes later and it turned out that they had found Pluto having a hidden meet and greet near plaza gardens which was a lovely surprise.

We met up and took another trip with Buzz Lightyear.

[URL=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/kaz0284/media/DLP%20MAY%202015/DLP%204/9CD88D6E-C2A2-4863-8B1F-1B8C1EEA01A5_zpsqrnlfvml.png.html][/URL

Next up was a wander around Fantasy Land. We decided to ride Pinocchio before heading into the castle for a slow look around and took advantage of the space to take some photos.

We made wishes in Cinderella's well and Tom attempted to show Aaron just how strong he was!

We hoped to ride Peter Pan next, however it hadn't opened for EMH again! We made up for it by riding the teacups and giggling away! We rode Buzz once more before I gave in and bought a hoody! I was getting soaked and needed a new one anyway.

All sorted and we decided to walk over and wait for Frontierland to open. Once the rope dropped Tom put his Dad shoes on and legged it to get Fastpasses. He joined us in the queue which was a measly 10 minutes. We explained FP to the family in front of us who had no idea about it! Hopefully we helped their holiday to be a ride-filled one! We rode at the front and had a great time.

We popped to the loos before having a drink and before we knew it, it was time to use our FP! Yay! We rode at the back this time and it was even better! We grabbed some more FP for later on before moving on.

Tom fancied riding Indiana Jones so we split up for a while and left him to it. Aaron and I explored the caves and rode Pirates of the Carribean. It had a short 5 minute wait which was fantastic but unfortunately the photos weren't working today.

We attempted to meet back up with Tom but got ourselves a little bit lost! We ended up back toward the castle and found an area with a King Louie meet and greet. We had a great hour wandering around and taking pictures and taking in the surroundings.

Eventually made our way back to Tom and used our FP for BTM. Our last ride was as good as the others!

We planned to watch the Mary Poppins show on the castle so we got some, popcorn (delicious!) from a little cart and caught the end of goofys garden party. We made our way over to the castle stage before realising that we had the days wrong and the show wasn't on today!

Oh well, never mind, we decided to take a trip around the park on the railroad to pass some time. It was very enjoyable and showed a different side to the park.

Once we were done we had just enough time for a quick ride on Snow White before heading in to Auberge De Cendrillion for our lunch reservation.

Aaron was very nervous and excited, he had gotten himself ready this morning and said he had worn a shirt because "You've got to when you're meeting princesses mum! They're proper posh, you've got to be smart!". Hmmmm, I think his Snow White crush might have something to do with this!

We were shown straight to our table, which was right in the back in a lovely quiet corner. Our waitress was fantastic, always there when we needed her. We ordered our food and before we knew it Perla and Suzy were coming to visit us!

Our starters arrived and they were very good. Tom had veggies with eggplant, I had the ham and fig salad, and Aaron had breadsticks with salad.

Tiana was next to visit, she was lovely and told us some information about herself and chatted with Aaron.

Our mains arrived and were delicious. I had chicken, tom had the veal and Aaron had salmon.

We met Aaron's favourite princess, Snow White. He was so bashful hehe. She stayed with us for a good while and showed Aaron how to pose like a prince.

Once she left he was bright red and sweating. The waiter was taking the mick out of him for fancying Snow!

Deserts arrived and were amazing! We both opted for the White chocolate glass slipper and Aaron had ice cream.

Cinderella and Prince Charming were last to join us. They were lovely and we took plenty of photos.

Tom finished off with an espresso before we settled up and left. We had a wonderful time and it was so worth the cost. The experience was fantastic and we would definitely recommend it.

We walked our lunch off by exploring the castle and we spent quite a bit of time in the Christmas shop!

I bought a lovely bauble for the tree. We caught the end of Goofy's garden party again before getting some cold drinks and ice creams and watching the world go by on Main Street.

We walked up to the studios and had a look at the wait times.

We settled on single rider for Crush, which was 25 minutes. I still can't really believe Aaron rode this along but he did, and he loved it! Tom rode first and was back before Aaron left, he waited for him just as you leave the ride so it worked really well.

The plan was to watch cinemagique next but by time we had bought a coffee for Tom we had missed the start. We got a space in the next drawing class instead and Aaron loved it!

Once we were finished making a masterpiece Tom went on ahead to the hotel whilst we rode Rock n Rollercoaster! It was just as good as always and we had a giggle.

We should've headed back to the hotel next but Aaron convinced me to ride ratatouille again in the single rider queue, so off we went. The queue was less than 5 minutes and we were in the same car again! It is such a lovely ride.

We strolled back toward he hotel and stopped to buy some macarons in the village. Aaron also managed to convince me that he needed candy floss! He did save half for his dad though to be fair.

Once back at the Sequoia we got started on the packing. It really didn't take too long and we managed to have a little lie down and rest too.

It was a gorgeous day again so we called at the bar for beer and slush and sat out on the decking for a while. Aaron and Tom played a game of football which ended in tears when Tom lost!

We had a great bit of family time here and I was sad that our holiday was almost over.

This evening at was spent in the village taking it easy. We called into Starbucks first for coffee and frappachino's. We browsed in the shops and bought a lot in world of Disney. Aaron got a storm trooper gun which was the first thing that he had asked for in the entire week. We were happy to buy it.

Aaron spied a stall selling churo's with little pots of Nutella so had to try those! They were delicious, obviously!

One of the little huts was selling engraved personalised glasses so we ordered some. They are lovely, we got a wine glass for myself and my sister, and tom bought himself a lovely pint glass with his birthday money.

We finished the night off with an Earl of Sandwich before strolling back to the hotel. Looking back on this evening it sounds as though we ate so much, but when you are grazing over a couple of hours it doesn't seem so bad!

Edited at 12:08 PM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 16, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Love the Princess photos, your son looks very happy indeed, the characters are so professional aren't they, posing and smiling away. Great reports.
Old 18 Apr 16, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
What a great report. I'm strongly tempted to try Auberge for my 50th birthday celebration. OK, so we don't have any kids, but if you can't be a big kid on your birthday, when can you?
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Awww, his little face with Snow White! Priceless!

What a fantastic last day! It seems as though you've managed to fit in so much!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 16, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Sorry I missed these comments! Thank you for reading x
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 16, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Fab report! Looks like you had a great time
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List