Old 20 May 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
To Disney World and Beyond (with a toddler) - Day 4 - Magic Kingdom / DHS

Day 4 - 09/04/2019 - Magic Kingdom / DHS

So in the original plans for today, we were going to head to Epcot and then off to DHS for our 1 and only visit to DHS and a look at Toy Story Land.

We were only planning on visiting DHS this one and only time as we expected this to be the least interesting of all parks, with the amount of work being done, the little that DS can do or go on, and generally probably our least favourite park. We managed to get FP for Slinky Dog, and we at least wanted to try this and look at the new land.

But not long before the holiday, we also noticed the Festival of Fantasy Parade dining package so booked for today and changed our plans slightly to go to MK first then off to DHS.

But this morning, no alarm set and we wake up normally about 0730-0800hrs. Seems we have now adjusted to US time.

As per usual, I go and get a coffee for me and a hot lemon water for Holly. This always used to be a hot chocolate for Holly until this year! I also picked up a coffee cake and Molasses cream cheese cinnamon roll (highly recommend) for Holly and I. Bobby had one of the cereals that we had delivered by fairytale shopper!

We have these in the room, Bobby had a good play with his toys on the bed, and we eventually get ready to head out for about 1030hrs.

Our plans for today were:

1305hrs - Tonys Town Square - Festival Of Fantasy parade dining package

1730hrs - Frozen Sing-A-Long
1815-1915hrs - Slinky Dog Dash
2030hrs - Fantasmic

We get to the bus stop via the lobby water feature (of course), and not long before an MK bus arrives. Seems to be a very quick journey to MK through the 'back' roads. Only takes about 10 mins. Great thing about this resort, as with exception of AK which is generally 'far' out anyway, all other parks are only about 10 mins on the bus!

We enter MK pointing out the 'monos' and we make our way down Main Street! Notice the castle show is going on, so we stop in the hub and I get Bobby onto my shoulders to watch the show. Was nice as always, and Bobby is getting good with the characters now starting to shout out their names! Glad it's something different to 'Choo Choo'!

We didn't watch it to the end as we could see Bobby was getting a little tired at this point, so we put him into the stroller and got the fan on him! It was very hot already today!

We walked over to Liberty Square as we have never seen the Muppets show here, except for clips on various vlogger channels! With Bobby asleep we go and watch the 1200hrs show. Another great little show, and one which we would generally miss if we were going from ride to ride etc.

We make our way the long way round over towards Tomorrowland allowing Bobby to have a good sleep in his stroller!

However, he only ended up having about 45-50 mins and woke up entering Tomorrowland. He is a proper little boy now and it takes him a little while to come around, but with no queue we decide to park the stroller up and take him onto TTA. One of our favourites in MK!

I am sure they have changed a few things, and seemed so much darker in various parts, which of course bobby wasn't too keen on!

Anyhow, we get off and it's now about 1250hrs, so we make our way down Main Street back to town square. Park up the stroller and check in!

Bobby watching some TV before we get called.

We hadn't eaten here for probably about 10-11 years. We ate here for dinner last time and I remember it being quite chilly in the restaurant and food only ok. But this time it wasn't chilly and the food was lovely!

So the dining package is a 3 course meal, for 1 x TS, and you basically order anything off the main menu plus a drink! Also, you get bread and oil at the start... something we didn't realise!

Anyway, I ordered the calamari, the vegetable pizza (with added pepperoni) and Holly gets the spinach dip and then the Italian Trio. We don't order dessert yet and we don't get anything for Bobby as I am sure there will be plenty of food to go around... and yes, there was far too much to go around!

I ordered a beer and Holly a cocktail of some sort!

Food was absolutely lovely and Bobby tried a bit of everything including the calamari. Only downside, although didn't bother us too much was that the mains were brought out before we finished the starters... appreciate this is typical in US restaurants!

Not the best pictures but you can see the starters and main courses (plus me eating food sorry ):

Bobby enjoyed his lunch!

By this time, we were all stuffed, but felt like we had to order some dessert... A Cannoli!

We get the check and are given our passes for the parade! Great meal and we all leave absolutely stuffed!

The main reason for doing this was for the parade as we had watched this so many times on youtube before coming, to get Bobby used to the characters and what he would be seeing etc.

We change Bobby and head out to find the viewing area as it was now around 1435hrs. We were one of the first few in the area, and maybe people knew something was going to happen... yes... Florida rain!

We could tell it was coming as it was getting very humid and the weather changed... getting a little darker and the wind picking up a little.

We hadn't been in the viewing area for any more than 5 minutes and the heavens opened! . We run for cover and I head to guest relations to pick up Holly and I a Disney poncho each!

I find Holly shopping in the hat shop at the from after taking cover with Bobby. It soon went off within about 10-15 mins and all covered up we make our way back to the viewing area. Get talking to a nice family from San Francisco here for a week before going on a cruise!

Anyway, another reason why we love Disney so much is the cast member interaction... Bobby went and played in the puddles and he had various cast members playing along with him. Was great to see!

The parade was delayed by 30 mins, and since the rain had passed they went for it... with the exception of 1 float (near the end, the big one with the bubbles). Also, the dragon wasn't breathing fire... which unfortunately, was one of the main things Bobby wanted to see. Everything we put on youtube at home it is... dragon... fire (or mono of course).

Great parade as always and Bobbys face watching it was just fantastic. He loved every second of it waving and blowing kisses to all of the characters!

The viewing area is great to, right at the bottom of Main Street!

Once finished, we make our way out and head straight to the busses for DHS. Takes about 15 mins to come, but again not a long journey. After leaving the park about 1610hrs, we are in DHS by 1650hrs.

Our first stop was Frozen sing-a-long! We sit a few rows from the front, and again a lot of fun and Bobby did very well sitting through it! Certainly liked the snow at the end!

Once finished, we make our way over to Toy Story Land! Our first view of this new land!

What a great new area... loved everything about it... except for the one way in one way out thing, but I know this will change when GE opens later this year! Bobby was fascinated by the life size toys, and again starting to say the character names as we go around pointing them out... 1st is Woody:

And then Buzz!

We end up picking him up a Woody doll, but he soon notices the car and just asks for that. So he ends up with both!

Now FP time, and we still get rider switch as we are not sure how long it takes to get through. I go on first and then Holly next! Although not sure it would be too long, as even the standby queue at this time was only 45 mins long. I guess the rain earlier cleared a lot of people out!

We both sat at the back and absolutely loved this ride. Such good fun for a family coaster!

We were both very impressed with TSL and agreed that we had to come back at some point. But our last stop before we headed towards Fantasmic (it was now about 1850hrs) was Woodys Lunch Box for some dinner.

I had managed to get Bobby asleep whilst Holly was on the ride, as he was getting very tired! Bit of a dangerous time for him to sleep as all parents would agree, but he did need it! But as he is asleep we decide to take w all to go see Grand Avenue (I like the looks of the new bar - not sure of the name). We catch a bit to the Star Wars shows as we are walking down...

We head back to Woodys Lunch Box about 1930hrs and we feel the rain coming. Something unsettled Bobby and he woke up (ish) crying. Think he must have had a bad dream or something as we just couldn't settle him... but with the weather turning again, we couldn't really get him out. Note there is very little cover at Woodys Lunch Box.

As the rain was getting progressively worse, we decided to call it a night and make our way home w/out the dinner and using our last FP for Fantasmic (we do cancel so someone can use if possible). Bobby in his stroller and still not very happy.

When we get back to the bus stop, we were able to get him out and hold him, so he soon settled. He was then wide awake on the bus home!

We got back to the resort about 2015hrs, and I take the stroller back to the room leaving Holly and Bobby in the lobby.. also pick up the mugs to take back as we are going to have dinner in the resort!

I picked up a pulled pork rice bowl, Holly had the Jambalaya and we pick some chicken nuggets for Bobby! As we had the refillable mugs we also picked up some beignets and a cup cake for dessert. Cup Cake was to take back and put in the fridge for another day / night!

Thankfully the rain had stopped by now, and by the time we make our way back to the room, we were all a little tired and a bit damp! The great Orlando weather... We normally go in August so very much used to those afternoon downpours!

Anyway we had had another great day... the rain didn't put too much of a dampener on things!

We were back to the room by about 2200hrs (via the shop and arcade), and Bobby played with his new toys and we put the TV on a had a drink (or maybe 2 ).

Certainly have to head back to DHS at some point this holiday for both TS land and Fantasmic, and also be great to see the FoF parade again without the bad weather!

Anyways, tomorrow again was going to be a chilled day at Blizzard Beach. The park doesn't open till 1000hrs, so we only set our alarm for 0800hrs.

Not long before we are all back in the land of nod!

End of Day 4.

Day 5 - Blizzard Beach / Storybook Dining

Index

Edited at 10:03 PM.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another great day packing so much in. Bobby seems to be coping well and having so much fun.We also have the festival of fantasy dining package booked. The food looks really good. We will have our two year old granddaughter with us and of course her mum and dad. Are they ok about sharing food from your plate there ? I know you can do that at buffets but wasn’t so sure about other restaurants.
Stan1805 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Stan1805 View Post
Another great day packing so much in. Bobby seems to be coping well and having so much fun.We also have the festival of fantasy dining package booked. The food looks really good. We will have our two year old granddaughter with us and of course her mum and dad. Are they ok about sharing food from your plate there ? I know you can do that at buffets but wasn’t so sure about other restaurants.
The food was really good. A lot for lunch... but still very nice.

I think it is the norm in restaurants is the infants can eat off your plate. They will happily give you another plate for them.

Buffets they of course also get their own plates.

Some meals such as storybook dining (set menu) they may also bring our food for the little one. They brought out his own starter and his own main w/out charging.

There were a few restaurants were we still bought him kids meals but overall it is the norm that they just share the adults food!
Old 24 May 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Another fab day, the food at Tony's looked really good! I didn't know there was a FoF dining package, the view you had of the parade was excellent!

Quick question on child swap... if you have a FP and then get a rider swap does the next person go through the FP line too to ride? (Even if they don't have a FP or it has expired?)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Another fab day, the food at Tony's looked really good! I didn't know there was a FoF dining package, the view you had of the parade was excellent!

Quick question on child swap... if you have a FP and then get a rider swap does the next person go through the FP line too to ride? (Even if they don't have a FP or it has expired?)
I wasn't aware of this either until a couple of months before the holiday and added it as Bobby enjoyed the parades in DLP! Thought it made it easier for a good view!

Yes they do! We booked FP's for the 2 of us for most rides prior to the holiday, but as we went through the holiday when we booked extra ones or changes plans... for the big rides were only DW and I were riding we could just book 1 FP (easier to find maybe) for the 2 of us, and then used the rider swap!

We were not planning on doing many of the big rides with exception of SDD and FOP so when we did pre-book FP's we were all going on.

But yes, the 2nd rider does go through the FP as basically they are given a FP for that ride which will last to park close time!
Old 29 May 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Thank you so much! Child swap is a whole new thing for us so it's super helpful to know how it works! We will be travelling with the grandparents so hoping we can get on a few of the bigger rides by tag teaming a little here and there!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Another fab day, we loved the Festival of Fantasy package last year, great use of a TS credit.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Another fab day