Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 9 Jan 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mulraneyy View Post
Congratulations!
I know I am biased but you have picked a stunning location.
I got both my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from a shop in Glasgow called Angelique Lamont. The bridesmaid dress designer is emmabridals

I always wanted different pastel colours and this designer had loads of colour swatches that made my decision easier.

I had a videographer and would definitely recommend getting one if your budget allows.
Also seems obvious but triple check everything! One of my bridesmaids pulled out so naturally I cancelled her hair and make up. However I didn’t find out until the morning of my wedding that my wedding planner cancelled everyone’s hair and makeup including mine! It was all sorted in the end but was stress I could have done without.

On the day of, we got married at 5pm. John stayed with his friend in a hotel the night before and I stayed in the villa with my family and bridesmaids. My bridesmaids and I went to ihop for breakfast and John told me he went to Denny’s haha we’re a classy couple!
Our guests just suited themselves to be honest. My family had a lazy morning by the pool and then got ready. My mother in law and her friends booked into a spa to get their hair and makeup done. The boys transported all the alcohol to the venue.
Our ceremony started at 5 and John arrived 10 minutes before on a speedboat. Our ceremony lasted about half an hour. Then we had pictures and hors d'oeuvre.
We were announced into the dining area around 6pm and had the speeches and toasts.
Then John and I headed to the pier for our couple pictures.
After food we just danced the night away and then headed to our villa for the after party!
The day went so quickly that I didn’t have time to think. It was relaxed though and everyone said they had a great night. Your guests will have a great time - they have travelled all the way to Florida for you for a reason!
Any more questions feel free to ask!
it sounds like your day was perfect and its making me so excited! Thanks for all the tips its amazing the amount of things you dont think about but are so obvious when you're told about them! we are certainly considering a videographer... we were quoted $450 for the hour. the only other thing we might do is buy a go pro and rather tha just having a video from the ceremony, having a video for the whole holiday... still undecided at this point though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List