Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 May 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Once Upon A Dream - Our Disneymoon May 2019 - DAY 4

Thursday 9th May

This morning is the first day I am not awake before 6 a.m. - I'll take this as progress! We have a slow-ish start and just faff around in the room getting ready before the usual routine of packing the park bag and heading out for some breakfast.

I'm still feeling really hungry in the mornings so while DH just has a pastry, I go for the bounty platter again. Yum, bacon...

We are off to Animal Kingdom today - a new experience for both of us, as the park didn't exist last time I was in Florida. So I'm looking forward to something new.

First impressions - we both really like the feel of the park, and how spacious and green it seems. We head straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris which is lovely and really interesting. It's fab to see the giraffes and elephants.

Then we have a slow walk around the Gorilla trail. A baby gorilla had just been born a week ago - we manage to see the mother, but she's protecting baby close to her chest so we don't really get a good look. They're great to watch though.

As we head towards our first Fastpass (Everest) we spot Kevin from Up! wandering around.

He (I later remember the character is actually a 'she') approaches us, waves his wings in return to me waving, and chirps at us. The cast member that he/she is with spots our badges and says, "Yes Kevin, they're love birds!" This is really cute and I quote this all day to DH.

I end up riding Everest alone as DH doesn't fancy it. He has an issue with heights - notably on rides where he's able to see the drops/height, and he's feeling really uncomfortable. I absolutely love it and it becomes one of my favourites. Just so much fun.

(Top left... don’t I look delighted?!)

After this we wander around and decide on a bit of a whim to go and see It's Tough to be a Bug. The effects are really cool and it's a fun show but pretty intense (I have to look away at some bits) and there are a few traumatised kids!

Then we head over to Pandora. The theming is great and the whole area looks impressive. We have a FP for Navi River Journey - a good ride but no way would I have been impressed had I waited the advertised 90 minutes.

After this we have a sit down in the shade with what will become one of our favourite holiday snacks - a frozen lemonade tub.

We walk around Dino Land and see there are a few characters out and about so of course we go to meet them. We meet Donald, Daisy, Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad (well, DH meets him as he's a fan from his younger years!) and Pluto.

I love getting a hug from Donald and we have a really funny interaction with him. He points at our badges and we tell him it's our honeymoon. DH asks why he isn't married to Daisy; he gestures at us to say "too much money!"

Our last FP is for Dinosaur, which actually freaks me out quite a lot but is good fun. By now it feels really hot and the park is very busy. It's the longest we've been in a park so far, and we are starting to feel it. We decide to go and see the Lion King show before leaving. It's changed in the last 23 years but is still a lovely show and Circle of Life makes me burst into tears.

Thankfully there's a bus leaving when we head off around 2.30pm, and we head back to the hotel for some fries, drinks in our refillable mugs, and a sit down in the glorious air conditioning of our room. I even have a nap for about an hour.

As a wedding gift, some friends had booked a meal for us at Boatwrights and given us a Disney gift card to spend on it, so we are looking forward to our meal especially as it's right on our doorstep at the resort! (Our feet are hot and sore...)

The meal is excellent and we have great service throughout. Corn bread and whipped butter to start (which is a novelty in itself... DH observes it is just like having a slice of cake). I have the strip steak served with crawfish mac and cheese with green beans. DH has the chef's platter of meats served with vegetables and mashed potato. We are so full after this meal! It came to pretty much spot on $100 with a tip. (We both have cocktails as well)

As I mentioned, the server is great, and gifts us a couple of the glowtini ice cubes.

After dinner, we waddle out of the restaurant and have a quick look in the arcade. We have an interesting experience on the massage chairs (thank goodness I only book them for 5 minutes - ouch is an understatement )... Then pick up a hot chocolate for me from the food court and go back to the room.

This afternoon and evening has been really relaxed and just what we have needed. We have a bit of TV time and then, as seems to be a common theme so far this trip, our heads hit the pillow and we are instantly asleep!

Edited at 08:38 PM.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A great day at AK. I love your ride photo on Everest. I'm always looking like I'm holding on for dear life in those photos. Dinner sounded fab, what a lovely gift.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great morning at AK and your meal at Boatwrights looks really good.
Old 27 May 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

That sounds like another lovely day, your food photos look yum!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

Great day 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a lovely thought for your friends to book Boatwright’s for you. We have it booked for this year and there’s so many things on the menu that appeal to me. It's bliss having a lovely sit down meal and then being able to stroll back to your room afterwards.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

You got some really great character photos today, such special memories. Meal looked great too.
Old 29 May 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
What a lovely thought for your friends to book Boatwright’s for you. We have it booked for this year and there’s so many things on the menu that appeal to me. It's bliss having a lovely sit down meal and then being able to stroll back to your room afterwards.
It was really difficult choosing what to have but both meals were delicious! Felt like a real treat.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day and sounds like a lovely evening meal

Joan
Old 29 Jun 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

It feels great waking up later doesn't it ... you feel like you've accomplished something

Another lovely day, I love all the interaactions your having with the characters such lovely memories to cherish.

A great present for friends to get your a meal whilst away and so glad you enjoyed it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List