Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 22 Mar 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Thanks all,

Claudette, we have a trip to each waterpark @ opening in our plans (they don't open til 10am when we are there so we can safely do EMH or a character breakfast and then head over for opening, using the car if need be), then a couple of other trips mid-day or late afternoon to 'cool down' which if we can't get on all the rides, isn't an issue. It always used to be that the waterparks really quietened down towards closing time, is that not still the case?

I have had to shift a couple of my ADR's anyway due to times available (not by much thankfully) but we will play around with what times we can get. I expect we will be playing with the times of ADR's and FP up to the day to optimise but I just wanted to get at least our 11 TS meal ADR's booked in-case there's less availability to book them later on. It's better to have something booked at a slightly non optimal time than nothing at all and we end up somewhere we don't want to eat / wasting our TS credits

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Thanks all,

Claudette, we have a trip to each waterpark @ opening in our plans (they don't open til 10am when we are there so we can safely do EMH or a character breakfast and then head over for opening, using the car if need be)
I'm not sure that I would agree with this. Travelling between two places takes a whole bunch of time. If you had an 8am ADR eat quite quickly you would need to leave by 9, then you've got to get a bus or back to your car and get to a water park which can easily take an hour (including the walk time). Travelling around the world, especially by bus takes longer than I appreciated for sure. Eats into one's day massively. If you do stick to your plans I would definitely use your car to get to the waterparks and then after you've been to the waterpark go back to the hotel and use Disney transportation to go to your evening park so that you can enjoy your cocktails.

Sorry this sounds so negative, but there's a reason Disney say allow an hour and a half to get around the property. WDW is huge
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Big Pete’s Wife - the water parks don’t open until 10am when we are there, so your hour to get there will get us there at opening. If we find it takes us longer, we will take the car

And I don’t think 15 minutes late for opening is going to make a huge difference to the rides at the water parks. If it does, we will have to wait a little longer. I’m not gonna get stressed about it

catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

No worries, that sounds like a good approach. I guess I was writing it more so that you are prepared (mentally) to spend a lot of time travelling between places. Being relaxed and prepared to adapt as necessary, which sounds like you are, will ensure you'll have a great time.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Hi Big Pete’s Wife - the water parks don’t open until 10am when we are there, so your hour to get there will get us there at opening. If we find it takes us longer, we will take the car

And I don’t think 15 minutes late for opening is going to make a huge difference to the rides at the water parks. If it does, we will have to wait a little longer. I’m not gonna get stressed about it
Not really sure why you posted asking for opinions on your plan when you don’t need them. If you are happy with your plans that is all that matters.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Not really sure why you posted asking for opinions on your plan when you don’t need them. If you are happy with your plans that is all that matters.
Hi Claudette

I am not sure why you seem to have taken offence to me asking for advice and then not rolling over and changing my plans as soon as someone critiques something.

You posted that I should access the water parks from opening and I replied stating that this was my plan (albeit I can appreciate it's sort of a bit hidden as I didn't specify what time we were aiming to change parks each day ), now you are telling me I shouldn't have asked for advice in the first place?

I posted because who knows someone could have seen a glaring error with my ADR plan or noticed some improvement, eg mistakenly booking a BOG breakfast to have access to parks early during an EMH day, for example. The other tips I have got are helpful and I appreciate all the replies (eg your comment about EEH has meant we are considering not incorporating these in at all - so thank you for that). We have also made a couple of our ADR's later on at Mark's helpful suggestion.

I have been reading all sorts of trip reports which mix in EMH at a park, followed by a waterpark / hotel swim to cool down in the afternoon then back to another park late afternoon /evening, so when one person says that's too much for them, that's not enough reason for me to suddenly change everything? Yes we might find that too much, and like I said we will be flexible about things whilst we are there.

I am not sorry I asked for advice as I have had some helpful advice, but I'm sorry it seems to have created animosity.