Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 25 Apr 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
merlin0810
New Poster (3)

October honeymoon help!

Hi guys,

Myself and my partner are getting married and having our honeymoon in Orlando in October. We are staying off-site Disney but on-site at universals sapphire falls for three weeks. We currently have the 21 disney pass and the 14 day universal with the plans to purchase discovery cove (inclusive of BG, SW and AQ) soon.

Im having a bit of trouble planning our trip as we are first timers and we want to do as much as possible but still be able to enjoy and relax on our honeymoon. I have gone all Disney in the first week and now I'm a bit stuck so any advice would be appreciated.

Sunday 13th October - arrival day
Monday 14th October - MK with BOG breakfast reservation, Disney Springs in the evening (MNSSHP on so early park closure)
Tuesday 15th October - AK with Y&Y dinner reservations, ROL
Wednesday 16th October - TL morning/afternoon followed by California grill dinner to watch HEA fireworks
Thursday 17th October - HS with lunch reservation for sci fi diner
Friday 18th October - Epcot with dinner reservation for teppan Edo
Saturday 19th October - lazy pool day with dinner reservation at Ragland road and maybe Disney Springs shopping
Sunday 20th October - discovery cove - maybe Epcot in the evening
Monday 21st October - maybe BB in the morning followed by universal and possibly HHN
Tuesday 22nd October - universal and islands
Wednesday 23rd October - maybe Busch gardens
Thursday 24th October - volcano bay
Friday 25th October - ?
Saturday 26th October - ?
Sunday 27th October - ?
Monday 28th October - Aquatica?
Tuesday 29th October - ?
Wednesday 30th October - ?
Thursday 31st October - ?
Friday 1st November - ?
Saturday 2nd November - ?
Sunday 3rd November - departure day

As you can see.. I'm a bit stuck. Haha. I'm thinking split days with mornings at universal and Disney in the afternoons but not sure

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance
merlin0810 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Definitely do not do split days if you are driving you will be paying two lots of parking charges. If you using uber/taxi the that will also increase the cost by travelling each day.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Disney springs is packed at weekends with locals so if you want a meal there prebook or go midweek .
I wouldn’t split universal / Disney it’s too far to travel time wise .
How about volcano Bay morning , universal evening . The parks are very different at night as well .
Saturday the 2nd magic kingdom will be decorated for Christmas and it’s lovely.
How about a monorail Resort hopping day as you are a couple . Visit the bars , see the hotels , have a few snacks ?
Food and wine can take up a full day , you can eat or drink around the world .
Hire a pontoon boat or sea racers on the lagoon at mk , can be done at gf or contemporary .
The void at Disney springs if you like VR , supposed to be brilliant .
No sea world ? The rides are fabulous and it’s a quiet park so nice and relaxing .
Outlet shopping , mall of millennia ? That can take a full day up ( well can for me lol)
Just a few ideas for you x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have to agree about Sea World, best coasters in Orlando (if you like that sort of thing).
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
merlin0810
New Poster (3)

Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
Definitely do not do split days if you are driving you will be paying two lots of parking charges. If you using uber/taxi the that will also increase the cost by travelling each day.
As I said, we are staying on-site at universal so wouldn't be any extra as we are planning on using the boat from sapphire falls to universal and we haven't got a car so we could always Uber/bus to Disney.
merlin0810 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
merlin0810
New Poster (3)

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Disney springs is packed at weekends with locals so if you want a meal there prebook or go midweek .
I wouldn’t split universal / Disney it’s too far to travel time wise .
How about volcano Bay morning , universal evening . The parks are very different at night as well .
Saturday the 2nd magic kingdom will be decorated for Christmas and it’s lovely.
How about a monorail Resort hopping day as you are a couple . Visit the bars , see the hotels , have a few snacks ?
Food and wine can take up a full day , you can eat or drink around the world .
Hire a pontoon boat or sea racers on the lagoon at mk , can be done at gf or contemporary .
The void at Disney springs if you like VR , supposed to be brilliant .
No sea world ? The rides are fabulous and it’s a quiet park so nice and relaxing .
Outlet shopping , mall of millennia ? That can take a full day up ( well can for me lol)
Just a few ideas for you x
Thanks! I like the idea of MK for Christmas decs, had forgotten about that!
Maybe I will throw another couple of days at Epcot as it's so big. I had planned for SeaWorld as well towards the end of the trip just forgot to put it in haha.
Thanks for the ideas
Old 25 Apr 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by merlin0810 View Post
As I said, we are staying on-site at universal so wouldn't be any extra as we are planning on using the boat from sapphire falls to universal and we haven't got a car so we could always Uber/bus to Disney.
The I4 is manic at every part of the day hence why I wouldn’t split Disney/universal the same day . It either crawls or just stands still . It’s just too time consuming

Happy planning
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List