Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 May 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Travel day went far better than we expected with the exception of the immigration hall and getting through and out of the airport. They were the only parts which were 'difficult' shall we say!

He was great fun on the flight and didn't kick up a fuss at any time. From us playing with him, to him eating (I should have mentioned we took plenty of snacks too), to him watching his kindle fire to even playing with the lovely family / kids behind us also it just seemed to really pass the time! I am sure it does help when you have people around you who like kids. MAN-MCO flight in school holidays so you would expect most could at least tolerate them lol!

Flight home was more difficult (although not terrible), but this was for many reasons. Bobby was ok for most of it, just got upset when he was very tired!

To be honest with you, we had bought the sling to take to the parks with us for Q'ing and other times etc. However, we only ended up using it getting off the plane at Orlando and all the way through to BLT and getting on and off the plane on the way home!

It did work well for these times, but probably better ask Holly that as she carried him when we put him in the sling. She had her own hand luggage on her back to counter balance haha!

I did most of the carrying round the parks when he wasn't in his stroller or running around!
Oh bless him, I imagine he was absolutely exhausted on the way home after a non-stop Disney holiday!

We will definitely be going loaded with lots of snacks... that is generally the way to keep Charlie occupied when out and about!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We got given a magic band for our youngest when he was 2.5 - thank god because he insisted on wearing it and scanning it just like his big brother every day!
Old 4 May 19, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely travel day and Bobby was so good.
Fantastic view of the fireworks too.
Old 4 May 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the next instalment.
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a fantastic start to your holiday. How well behaved was Bobby. A little star. My home resort is BLT and I love it. Looking forward to reading more.
Old 5 May 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by tory79 View Post
We got given a magic band for our youngest when he was 2.5 - thank god because he insisted on wearing it and scanning it just like his big brother every day!
Awww... Bobby didn’t wear his, although he did like putting his hand up to Mickey every time we scanned into the park or FP.
Old 8 May 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Loved reading this. So glad little Bobby did so well on the plane. Can't wait to read more.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Kpzorse View Post
Loved reading this. So glad little Bobby did so well on the plane. Can't wait to read more.
Thank you for reading!
Old 12 May 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Well done Bobby, what a star being so good on the plane, even I get antsy.

Great to read about a smooth travel day and what a lovely evening to kick of your trip with.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

Wonderful travel day! Reading this has made me feel less nervous about taking our to be 19 month old this September! I've thought about cancelling the holiday so many times because I'm dreading the flight so much - but this has given me hope
Can't wait to read more of your adventures.
Emma2288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List