Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 3 May 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Advice on our trip.

Sorry for posting hear but I put it on the itinerary page and had nothing, I am starting to worry that we don't have enough time at Disney.

6 nights/ 7 days
Right so we are going to Disney on October 27 and staying in AK for 6 nights 7 days but arrive a day before in Miami and driving up and to save some money just staying in a local hotel in lake Bunia Vista and then heading to AK to check in at 8:30am and straight to the park.

Below is our current plan

26th; Land in Miami 15:30 drive to lake bunia Vista (maybe see Disney springs)

27th; All day at AK and river of light show in the evening.

28th; Morning at AK (to do any rides we have missed) then onto MK for 11:45 all day/evening at MK.

29th; Morning at AK pool then on to Epcot for 12:00 and dinner in Marrakesh.

30th; Ohana B/fast then late morning/evening at Hollywood Studios.

31st; MK all day until 18:00 (using magic hrs) then to Aloha dinner show at 20:00.

1st; Typhoon Lagoon (maybe) until early afternoon then shopping and back to Boma for 20:00.

2nd; Epcot food festival and evening in Disney springs and drive to Miami late at night.

We are 2 adults 2 children (5&7) going for the first time, the children won't want to queue to meet the characters but do love rides. What do you think? What would you change?

Any advice at all would be most welcome.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I think your first day is a tad ambitious if you think you will get to Disney springs. If you land at 15.30 you have to allow at least an hour to get out of the airport. Then you have about 3 hours drive to Orlando. By the time you check in to hotel it will 1am to your body clock so think the last thing on your agenda will be hitting the shops.

Day 2 is ok but you maybe flagging by the time ROL starts

On the last day , epcot, Disney springs and a long drive is pushing it a bit.
Don't try to cram too much in as you will be exhausted. You will walk an average of 10 miles a day in the parks. Also epcot food and wine festival is in the world showcase and that area doesn't open till 11am
Check out the rides that you really want to do. Get fast passes for the more popular ones if you can
Have fun

Edited at 02:49 PM.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nampam
Excited about Disney

Good for having your itinerary... makes things much easier. I do agree with op though , your first evening the kids will be very tired as will you I don’t think you will want to be going to Disney springs. Day 2 you will easily be up and ready to check in a Akl but I think the children will most definitely be tired by the afternoon. I doubt they will make it to see the show. After a Couple of days you will be up later and therefore able to stay out later.
Enjoy it , don’t worry about cramming in too much as the last thing you want is miserable kids because they are soo tired and your doing too much.
Have a great trip

Edited at 02:56 PM.
nampam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I don't have kids so I can't really comment on how tired they'll be, but Disney is tiring - you will be tired! Please don't be disappointed if you don't stick to your plans! Remember it's a holiday you need to enjoy it! Everyone is different so if a plan works for you, great! However we like to go with the flow, we book a couple of fast passes for the rides we really want to do, then anything else is a bonus!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello. As others have said, it's good to have an outline plan, but don't worry too much if you don't do everything on your plan.

It's a holiday, and you will need to relax a bit too.

I was thinking about your last day / night and your Epcot plans.

You suggest driving down to Miami late at night. What time is your flight - and what date please? Might change my observations...

Edit - also being nosy, do you have your themepark tickets already or do you need to pick them up at AKL?

Edited at 05:11 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It’s enough time to go and enjoy a holiday tab disney but it’s not enough time to do everything. I have been the last two years with children of similar ages. Your children might be different to mine but I think you are trying to pack too much in and they will struggle to do it all. Bear in mind the time difference - when you land in Miami you will have spent all day flying and it will be their bedtime. Then you have an hour or so for immigration, luggage, car and a 3 1/2hr drive. I can’t imagine they will enjoy a wander around DS at what will feel like 1am.
Both times our kids have been awake by 4am on the first morning (feels like 9am) then have had enough of the parks by 2.30 on the first day because they are shattered. Try for your plan, but book your fast passes for early in the day and if they’ve had enough go back to your hotel earlier. For us we find they can manage and actually enjoy the evening shows by about the 4th or 5th day.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The itinerary looks good. The WDW hotels do Halloween activities in the afternoon and evening onsite on the 30th and 31st, sometimes with characters, so it is worth checking the activities when you check in.

The only thing I would think about is the 31st with the afternoon at Hollywood Studios, it is likely to still be really busy with galaxy edge opening this year, so if you are interested in Star Wars at all, it might be worth seeing if there is early magic hours there or going first thing.
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Every child is different so maybe yours will be fine, but not a chance my 4 and 7 Year old could manage all that.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

If you are going with the intention ticking all the big boxes and declaring Disney "done", then yes you are right to worry about having enough time. I'd advise going with the mentality that you know you're going to come home with a list of things you wished you could fit in, focus on having fun instead. Some of the things you miss you won't care for, some will be the things that drag you back for next time.

Multitudes of posters will confirm that some of the best memories come from stuff you discover rather than plan. Focus on fun and be flexible, if the kids are enjoying something, and it means you miss a fastpass, so be it. A good plan is not something which has to be followed, just a great enabler for the primary objective which is having fun together.
Old 4 May 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I just wanted to add, you are very ambitious and I think you are downplaying the distance to/from Miami. On your first day you will be hitting rush hour after getting your car. I honestly don't think you can make it to Orlando from Miami in 3 hours without traffic.

If I remember correctly, Miami car rental is a shuttle bus ride from the airport (may be confusing with FtLauderdale) but picking up the car can take a good hour.

On your way back, you will be tired and it is a long drive AND no one wants to be rushing around the airport like a crazy person, worrying about catching your flight.

On my first trip with kids I learned, when the kids get tired, leave the park and let them recover. Park time with a tire, miserable child (or two) is no longer fun.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List