Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers (again). April / May 2019 - Day 2

Day 2

I woke at 6 today and Aaron and Edith weren’t far behind. We had bagels for breakfast and then got in the car & head to Epcot. We arrived just before rope drop so missioned in the direction of Soarin as we hadn’t got a FP.

On the way, we passed character spot and decided to forgo Soarin for something Edith would enjoy (well hopefully). We had been to DLP a couple of months before this trip and to say she was NOT a fan of the characters would be an understatement. She was terrified and practically climbed up us to escape them. In the time between that holiday and this one, I had pushed Mickey Mouse on her, cuddly toys, Clubhouse, Tshirts ect and she seemed to like the idea of him. Well now was the test. We were the third family of the day so it took no time at all. We pointed the characters out to Edith while we were waiting so she knew they were coming and to be honest she did really well. She was very wary but there were no tears, she also allowed us to get close enough for a photo which was great!

We carried on into the Land and rode Living with the Land, there was no queue and we had a boat to ourselves. Always love this ride, so relaxing and it’s great to see all the produce they grow. I grabbed a blueberry muffin on the way which was delicious!

We head into the Seas next & did Turtle Talk but Edith got restless and started being noisy so we left early. We head out into pouring rain! Oh dear, the pushchair didn’t have a rain cover on so Aaron ran to get that and we waited it out until it settled down. We considered leaving the park, neither of us like the rain but it seemed to clear as we head toward the exit so we did a 180 and head towards World Showcase. I was pleased as I had a Frozen FP for 11am. We head in that direction but of course, Edith fell asleep as we got there.

We carried on around the world to give her a chance to sleep, waiting at the ropes in front of China for them to let us all in when the clock struck 11am. In Germany I grabbed a caramel brownie, it was very disappointing, just a dry chocolate cake really, not a gooey brownie at all. This marks the second year running I have wasted money at Karamell Kuche so I vow now to never buy from there again, until next year anyway when that delicious smell tempts me

Next up, we grabbed some sliders from the Flower and Garden Smokehouse booth in the American pavilion. Oh boy, these were good. We had a pulled pork one and a mixed meat one, the second was incredible and there was so much meat! A really great snack, we shared both and when Edith woke up, she ate the sausage which she loved. We also had to fight off this bird that was way too brave!

Now Edith was awake again, we turned back and head to Norway as our Frozen FP was still in its usable hour. We stopped for a quick drumming session on the way as Edith loves anything she can bang.

Frozen was great, Edith absolutely loved it. We head to Mexico next, changing Edith in the restaurant restrooms and then heading onto the grand Fiesta Tour, one of our faves from last year! Such a fun little ride that never has a queue.

Feeling like we have achieved enough in the park and again feeling the midday heat come on strong, we head out of the park and drove to Super Target at Rolling Oaks. We love this shop. I lost Aaron for about 30 minutes to the liquor store where he bought some bourbon and some gin while I looked around the kids clothes section to see if there was anything cute for Edith. I grabbed her a pair of tan sandals and an Osh Gosh dress that was lovely.

We had a 3.30pm ADR for Ohana coming up fast on us so we head back into WDW & parked up at the Poly after proving we had a reservation. We checked in and grabbed a cocktail in the bar before being take to our table. I had a Lapu Lapu and Aaron something else, so yummy.

Once at the table, we were soon munching away on all the food! The bread, the potstickers, the salad, the noodles, the wings, the chicken & the beef! So, so good. We got given enough food for 4 im sure, there were at least 12 potstickers in our tray! Just so much food. We then of course had to find room for what is without doubt, the BEST dessert on property! The bread pudding! OMG, I die at how good this is. Edith filled herself up on noodles, bread and she also got brought an individual vanilla ice cream which was a nice touch as we didn’t have to pay anything for her.

The food was beautiful. Having said all that, and we really did enjoy the meal, I do not think it is worth the money, with the tip and the cocktails, we spent over £150 on a 1 hour lunch! EEEK. I think it will be the last time we eat there and plan to just head to the lounge on any future visits just for the dessert.

While we were at the table, I had managed to secure some MK fastpasses for Buzz & Dumbo, so we left the car at the Poly and got the monorail over to the park, heading straight over to Buzz, grabbing some purple wall pics on the way.

Aaron won as usual, even though I had Googled the best scoring targets. I am pathetic at this ride! We did the Carousel of Progress next, Edith was clapping and dancing to the music the whole way through, so funny to watch. We jumped on the People Mover next, another favourite of mine. Im never prepared for that sudden speed up it does near the start and I almost lost my hat!

Onto Dumbo next using the app to find the ride, and would you believe it, we didn’t even know this area was in MK! It’s so hidden, and I call myself a WDW fan! I’m embarrassed.

We left the park now as Edith was flaking, choosing to get the resort boat to the Poly, We wondered around the resort, watched some cheerleaders on the beach & grabbed a drink in their QS place before heading back to the hotel.

We had a wonder around the beautiful deck at the hotel and finally got Edith into bed at 9pm, I followed at 10pm and Aaron at 11pm.

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yesterday it was Jungle Cruise, today it's a full area...I'm worried what is coming tomorrow

Another fab day, Edith does so well to keep going!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

What a fab day, Edith did so well
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Beautiful pic of Edith at Ohana with the flowers
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Some lovely pictures there! The dress and sandals you found for Edith are so pretty - plus she clearly has great taste loving carousel of progress! 😄
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Another great day👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Great day. We love Ohana.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Yesterday it was Jungle Cruise, today it's a full area...I'm worried what is coming tomorrow

Another fab day, Edith does so well to keep going!
I was quite amazed when we found Dumbo

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
What a fab day, Edith did so well
She did well the whole trip, such a trooper.

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Beautiful pic of Edith at Ohana with the flowers
I know, so cute

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Some lovely pictures there! The dress and sandals you found for Edith are so pretty - plus she clearly has great taste loving carousel of progress! 😄
Doesn't she just . I could have spent a fortune in Target on kids clothes, they're so lovely.

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Another great day👍
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Great day. We love Ohana.
I love it but only when on the DDP from now on
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a fab day, Edith really looks like she is having the time of her life, so wonderful to see. I love the photos of the two of you on People Mover Great she was brave meeting Mickey and Goofy, such cute photos!

$150 for lunch... ouch!

And would you believe we have never ridden Dumbo at MK either! It's on the list for this trip!
Lisa_Lollipop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Get the chocolate caramel strawberry from Karamel Kuche, you can’t go wrong. That brownie looks awesome, what a shame it disappointed.

The Smokehouse eats look great; I am hoping they have something similar at Food & Wine this year.

Love the outfit you picked up for Edith, I’d wear that!

Edith looks like she is living her best life in ‘Ohana, you are raising her well.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List