Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 May 19, 05:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three... The Big 18/21 24 May 2019

Index is here

Shoddy sleep again. Was gutted to find out that space x launched last night and we missed it. Saw it in fb literally 10 minutes after it happened. Stole someone’s photo of it

Got up just after 8 to tackle the packing. Phoe insisted that I woke her up today. 2 attempts resulted in nothing but grunts. I got everything up to the landing except for the stuff needed packing as she wasn’t awake.

Sweating mess after an hour so gave up and went to sit outside with my toast and book. The sun didn’t feel as hot today which was good as we were heading to Epcot at lunch time.

We left just after 11.30 after I managed to get the titanic in! Not sure if it will stay in once we’ve got everything else in. The Minnie head popcorn bucket it also proving to be tricky - might just get Jas to style that out as a handbag.

Arrived at Epcot and got on the tram from the car park as it was there but shouldn’t have bothered as it was practically a five second ride.

I thought our first fastpass for spaceship earth was at 12.25 but turns out it was 12.50. The standby line was 25 minutes so we just got in that and modified the fastpass to Disney Pixar short film festival. We went straight there after spaceship earth and it was a zero minute wait so we modified again to figment, journey into imagination. We saw 3 short films a Mickey/Minnie one and then Piper and Feast. feast was the best one.

Straight to a figment next which was a ten minute wait in standby so we modified again to Living with the Land - much to Jasmine’s disgust. figment is a bit of a weird ride. We only did it for the first time last year -?its quite dated - Eric idle is on talking in the screen and he looks quite young!

We were starving at this point so went into the land and looked at sunshine seasons but nothing caught Jasmine’s eye. So e tracked back to the electric umbrella and jas got the chicken tenders meal and Phoe the brisket roll and fries - I was meant to be sharing this with her and then we would share some nachos in Mexico but I looked up and it was gone. I had one French fry!

We decided to ditch living with the land and head to world showcase to ride the 3 Calabros ride in Mexico as this is the only one we hadn’t done. It was scorching now so we were glad of the air con. We then had to go to Morocco to look for some trousers that nanny had liked the day we were rained off. At this point we were the furthest point from Morocco so decided to just walk all the way round. I got a soft serve ice cream and ended up looking like a 2 year old. It was melting fasting than I could eat it and in the end I ditched the bottom third.

We got round to Test Track with 20 minutes left of our fast pass window. Standby was 70 minutes and the fastpass line was lonnnggg. It was almost half an hour before we were on the ride. In the queue has started to get shooting pains in her knee - she doesn’t normally spend much time upright, so I think the 3 weeks is getting to her!

Phoe felt funny after test track so we decided to Give mission space a miss. I was quite pleased about this as I’m not a huge fan

We just needed to pop to mouse gear to look for a gift for someone. Just after we got in the shop, jas was on the app and managed to score fast passes for Flight of Passage! For 8.05. This totally scuppered the early dinner at Olive Garden, pack, sit outside for the last night plan but who cares when Flight of Passage is involved!

We finished our shop and made the way to the exit/car park and we’re home for 6.30. A frantic hour of packing, clearing, washing, taking rubbish and recycling out followed and we we’re back in the car for 7.30 and parked And on the tram by 8. We were the only ones in the tram.

Quick bag search and we were in and straight round to Pandora. There was a slight moment of indecision when we wondered whether to go and ride expedition Everest first as it was only 15 mins but we’ve never done that in the dark so we’re hoping it would still be 15 minutes when we got off

Flight of passage was epic as usual and the perfect way to finish the last full day. Everest was now 35 minutes but has said she wouldn’t do it as it hurts her back so Phoe and I went single rider and were on the same train within 10 minutes. My dark photo was spoilt by he arms up in front of me but I’m all for arms up! Coasters are so different in the dark.

Unfortunately we got off just as the rivers of light show was just exiting so it was rammed trying to get out. But we were straight on a tram back to the car park and car located easily. Used the Sat Nav to point me in the direction of Sherberth Road and were pulling up at the Olive Garden in less than 10 minutes. I dashed in to place a to go order - I went on a training course in Germany a few months ago and sent jas a photo of an Olive Garden gift card (she lives the bread sticks) and she said that she wanted one as her bring back gift! She had forgotten to bring it on both of the birthday meals so we used it tonight.

I waited less than 15 minutes for the food and we were then on our way again. We ate outside and were about to play a game of cards when a huge cockroach scuttled under the table. That was us done with outside so we came in and threw some of the food out of the fridge and put some washing in.

Saw a few gdog lookalike today

PHOEBE’S VERSION OF EVENTS BELOW:

Day 22 - Epcot and Animal KIngdom

I’d asked mum to wake me up this morning so I could actually be productive and pack some of the 50,000 pairs of shorts I’ve bought. She came in and announced it was 8:15am. I remember saying to myself 5 more minutes and I continuously opened my eyes throughout the 5 minutes, but then it was 9am 🤷🏼≈♀I finally got up at half 9 and got in the pool and read for a bit outside with mum. Packing went right out the window.

The plan was to then leave at 11:30am and head to Epcot and we’d stop at Olive Garden on the way home. She also said she’s not playing donkey unless we can keep a straight face!

We left just after half 11 and arrived into Epcot just after 12. Mum had thought the first fp was at 12:35pm, so by the time we’d gotten into the park we’d only have to wait about 10/15 minutes before we could use it. Jasmine then said it was actually 12:55pm. We then decided we’d modify the fp to something else, and just queue for the ride as it was only 25 minutes. Better to stand in a queue for 25 minutes, then wait to use a fp in 25 minutes.

We’d modified it to Disney’s Short Pixar Film Festival. By the time we’d come off Spaceship Earth and walked over to the film festival, it was a 0 wait as they were just about to start a new show, so we modified it again to Figment. The film festival started with a black and white short film with Minnie and Mickey, then onto a film about a bird trying to get food from the sand near an ocean. It was weird. Then he was scared of the water and then wasn’t. Weird. The final one was about a homeless dog, who then got taken in, fed a load of human food, which the dog loved. Then the guy got a girlfriend and was fed dog food and green veg. Then they broke up and the dog and man went back to junk food, which the dog was happy about. Then the dog went chasing through town to where the girl worked and they got back together and he was a best man or best dog at the wedding. Then they had a baby and it started feeding the dog junk food again. Also weird.

We then went onto Figment, which was also a walk on, so cue us modifying the fp to something else, yet again. We moved it to Living with the Land, which Jas was not happy about as she doesn’t enjoy, or see the point of this ride. Jas was starving at this point so we went into Sunshine Seasons to grab something to eat. She then decided she didn’t want anything to eat here, so we trekked back to Electric Umbrella, where she had chicken tenders and fries and I had a cheese beef brisket sandwich and fries.

After this we headed to Mexico in the world show case to complete the last ride in Epcot we needed to. We set ourselves a plan to ride everyone and watch every show in each park. Hollywood Studios and Epcot now complete! After riding the little boat journey, we continued to walk round the world to Morocco, looking for a pair of trousers nanny liked the look of, but couldn’t find them. It was mega hot at this point, mum got herself an ice cream but more went down her than anywhere else.

We then slowly walked round to Test Track, both Jas and I almost dead at this point. It was the biggest fp queue I’ve ever seen for Test Track and took almost 20 minutes to actually get on! We were sat at the back this time and it is so much more jerky than the front, we were flown all over the place. Me being in the middle, with no proper seatbelt, on a death ride, is a lot less secure than mum and Jas! Every time we go on this ride, any hat or sunglasses I’ve ever worn as a human, have been removed in fear of losing them on the ride. So each time I’ve ever ridden it I can never see anything, mainly because the sun is so bright but also the wind, it’s just in your face. I don’t think a Test Track photo exists without my hands over my face! I yelled “ I can’t see anything” and mum told me I’d said the same when I was little on it.

We then stopped for a drink after and decided we wouldn’t wait for our Mission Space fp or queue so cancelled it. We then took an even slower walk back through to Mouse Gear to get some last minute bring backs. I also got a pass holder Pandora charm which is adorable.

Jas then managed to score a fp for flight of passage at 8pm tonight! This now meant we would have to dash back home, pack everything in sight, then run back out to Animal Kingdom and then stop for dinner somewhere.

We walked back to the car and headed home and tried to pack the whole villa into 6 cases. Most of my stuff is still just laying on my bed and will probably be a 6am worry tomorrow. It just adds more stress to my life and I’ll probably be saying at 7am tomorrow that I’m just not gonna pack it and waste some more time sat on my bed stressing about packing it. Yolo.

We then set off for Animal Kingdom at half 7. As soon as we’d parked we hopped onto a tram. We were the only ones on it, right until the last second when another family jumped on. There was another tram heading in the other direction and a guy began to queen wave, so I did it back and then we had a little moment pointing to each other and laughing. I continued to queen wave the whole time, a few more people waved back. We then walked straight to Flight of Passage and scanned in, we tried to find a fp to ride Everest in the dark, but no luck.

Flight of passage was still amazing, the breathing from the lungs on your legs is unbelievable! I then had a 5 minutes in awe of life, how do they build the scenery how they have? Who comes up with the plans and ideas? And how long does it take to put these things in motion? How do they build the rides? HOW DO PEOPLE EVEN BREATH!?!

We still couldn’t get a fp for Everest so mum and I decided to single rider it. We walked through the crowds having a little watch of Rivers of Light. Mum and I queued for maybe 5 minutes before I was the chosen one. Mum then followed and was the row behind me! Then the actual family decided they wanted to swap so mum was then two rows behind me. When I sat in the ride, the guy next to me asked if I’d been on this ride before, I nodded and said it’s one of my favourites. He replied ours too and said that this was his families 4th time today, twice in the day and twice in the dark. I don’t think I’ve ever ridden it in the dark and apologised for my screaming in advance!

We met Jas at the exit of the ride and into the gift shop. It was then an army of bodies, as the show had just finished, trying to exit the park. I’d got separated from mum and Jas and mum text to say meet at the exit. Obvs. I then must of over taken them like a little Ninja as I was sat at the exit waiting for a few minutes until they arrived! We then got onto the tram and headed back to the car.

We stopped off at Olive Garden for breadsticks, salad, spag Bol and creamy mushroom pasta. Mum came back out and announced it was only $21. We were like “woah only $21 after the $15 gift card” and she was like “NO BEFORE THE GIFT CARD” so we were like “ WHATTTT SO IT WAS $6! ” Jas kept saying all night $6. We then got home and went to sit outside to eat it. Ran through the plan for tomorrow.

We were just about to play cards when I noticed a Fred down in between Jasmine and I. I’m shout whispering “ feet up there’s a cockroach “ mum comes round to try and kill it but flipping misses it, so we have to move inside and play cards at the dining room table. I won both games!

Another late night and an even earlier start tomorrow for our final day 😭

Edited at 05:14 AM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Well done on managing to fit the titanic in the suitcase! 👏🏻👏🏻 Hope you get a photo of Phoebe styling out the popcorn bucket please!
You did well jiggling your fp around in epcot, it always feels hot and tiring in there as its so spread out. Nice selection of gdogs today!
Have you reported fred to the villa management? Bargain dinner to end a fab day!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Love the idea of Olive Garden take out.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your tea sounded a bargain at $21

Joan
Old 30 May 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Bargain Olive Garden meal!

Another good day
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List