Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 18 Oct 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sticky13
Getting to know the DIBB

First-timers for our Honeymoon - Help

Hi All

I've been lurking for a while because we booked our honeymoon a few months ago and we're looking for advice and guidance. Neither of us have been to Florida before.

We're booked up for 10 days staring 5th May 2019 (going to Mexico for 10 days afterwards), we have 14 day tickets for the 9 Disney/Universal parks but aren't too interested in the water parks (might try and fit 1 in). We are staying on Int Drive.

Firstly, is it possible to do all the non-water parks in 10 days (baring in mind we have 10 days of relaxation in Mexico before we go home so we are quite happy to try and 'cram')? We are considering a Disney stay for 1 night to get the 60 day fast passes and a 1 night stay in a premier Universal hotel to skip the queus for 2 days. Is this advisable?

The problem is, we haven't a clue about what days to do what parks. I was thinking a Disney stay (Value hotel) on the 7th but not sure on the best location to take advantage of it. Similarly, I don't know what date to stay at Universal. It feels like there is so much to consider and I don't know where to start!

I'm conscious that it's a long post already so I will leave it there for now because there will no doubt be further questions in the lead-up!

Thanks!
sticky13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

Hey

Firstly congrats, you'll be out there the same time as me and my wife.

10 days I'd focus on just doing Disney. If you cram you and get the express passes you may get some time in Universal but realistically you need to be prepared you 100% won't get all Disney parks done to their full extent. You'll lose your first day straight away from travelling as normally won't land until late afternoon from the UK and you'll be fairly jet lagged.

As a guideline, to do most things at the parks we normally do 2/3 visits per park for the holiday. Admittedly we don't do full days as the heat is too much normally.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
sticky13
Getting to know the DIBB

Thank you and thanks for the reply.

Yeah to be honest we are a little worried about trying to fit everything in but we are unlikely to be able to afford to go again for quite a number of years so want to experience as much as possible!

Yeah we land lateish on the 5th so my very basic and early plan was:
5th - land and get food and sleep
6th - disney park
7th - check-in really early at a disney hotel and make use of EMH etc
8th - same as above minus check-in
9th - disney park again
10th - disney park again
11th - disney park again
12th - check-in really early at a universal premier hotel and make use of queue-skipping
13th - same as above minus check-in at the other Universal park
14th - anything we have missed or want to do more of
15th - travel to mexico and relax!

I appreciate that is extremely basic and i will need to figure out what parks etc and how long we think we will need in each park.
sticky13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List