Old 29 Aug 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
scotpod
Apprentice Imagineer

scotpod's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sunflower lanyard

Evening everyone

Are the sunflower lanyards that we get in the uk recognised at mco?
Anyone got any experience of this that may be willing to share?

Thank you
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
When we used it in Jan 2018 it was, but I think it’s a bit hit and miss.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi my DH has had his 2 years and it is always recognised and he and I are removed from the usual queue and put through a different immigration line.

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Hypermum
Looking for my Ears

HI my DC has autism (newly diagnosed). He does get very anxious when travelling. So if I get him one of these lanyards, potentially we could be moved to a shorter immigration queue? Do you have to make yourself known to staff or do they generally spot them? Thanks in advance.
Hypermum is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DJSwitch
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

When I arrived at MCO last week I was wearing mine and asked a couple of staff in immigration and was told that they are not recognised and the queue is the same for everyone. We were in the queue for well over an hour. It was very testing and I wasn’t sure I was even going to be able to do it. Not an experience I really want to repeat. The staff were very unhelpful.
DJSwitch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by DJSwitch View Post
When I arrived at MCO last week I was wearing mine and asked a couple of staff in immigration and was told that they are not recognised and the queue is the same for everyone. We were in the queue for well over an hour. It was very testing and I wasn’t sure I was even going to be able to do it. Not an experience I really want to repeat. The staff were very unhelpful.
I contacted MCO before we travelled, which I have never done before, and we were met off the plane and taken straight through immigration. I contacted MCO as I had noted there was no longer a disability queue when we visited, without our Disabled daughter, in May 2019. I think it is hit and miss with the staff on the ground so I will always contact MCO in advance when travelling with our DD.

Just a quick note to the above, I contacted MCO through Twitter and the response was very quick.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby

Edited at 12:11 PM.
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

My son has autism and we waited in the "normal" queue in August - no one at MCO seemed to know what they are. Luckily we had a short wait time.

In LAX last Decemeber my son was lying on the floor and we still had to wait in the queue.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I've picked one up in Argos this morning for hubby. He had a stroke in 2017 and can't stand for long periods. Hoping we don't hit a long immigration queue.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

We used ours in October and May for our 5/6 year old who is autistic. It helped us to go through Fast Track security and we also got to choose whether to board the plane first or last. Once in MCO we were directed down the crew/employee immigration line which was great as it really minimised the time we had to wait xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I have just booked with BA flydrive and I mentioned whilst on the phone to them booking it that DS will be travelling wearing a sunflower lanyard. They have given us free seat reservation and pre-boarding for all of us (group of 8) worth £800 as they have booked the seats right at the front (not exit row) of economy both ways. They couldn't have been more helpful and was so generous to do this for us. They didn't ask any questions concerning the disability (anxiety/nervous flyer) but just asked how they could help. We just have to arrive at the gate early and make ourselves known to the gate staff and show the lanyard. We used the lanyard this summer on Virgin/Delta and they were great too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List