Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Dec 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LadyAurora View Post
So, back from the gp apt with a prescription for sertraline and after a month if they don't work I can have hrt gel. I've read the side effects and now scared to take them.
I felt tired and a bit spaced out when I first took them, but got used to them, I tried Citalopram and was very ill with them, she said sertraline were much more tolerable. I’m fine on them x
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I’m 51 , and at the moment doing it naturally.
So I started with the hot flushes and take black cohosh , and menopace. My hot flushes and night sweats stopped within two weeks. I. Also taking a b6 vitamin. Next up was my awful sleeping so started taking magnesium , now I’m getting a decent nights sleep .
Next up is the anxiety and the real low moods , haven’t managed to sort them, so went to the gp , and got offered anti depressants , explained that I’m not depressed and therefore didn’t see the point.
I pushed for an appointment at the Menopause clinic at my local hospital, so I can actually sit down with somebody for more than 5 minutes and actually discuss options rather than just being fobbed off. If I can go the natural way I will ut if it means me taking something to get the anxiety under wraps I will, but at least I’ll have all the information to make that decision rather than just get antidepressants thrown at me .

Hope you manage to sort things
If you look up Louise newson she is the number one person for menopause , and hrt , what’s currently available , side effects, etc etc .
Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Well I took my first and last sertraline yesterday, it was pretty horrible, I spent all night having terrible vivid dreams/nightmares whilst dealing with a horrible stomach ache.
Back to the menopace today.

Edited at 08:28 PM.
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Well I took my first and last sertraline yesterday, it was pretty horrible, I spent all night having terrible vivid dreams/nightmares whilst dealing with a horrible stomach ache.
Back to the menopace today.
What was the dosage? I started on 25mg and went to 50mg but now only take about 3 a week. You do have vivid dreams but I can’t remember much once I’m up. I don’t really have nightmares. I suppose everyone reacts differently to them x
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

So, back from the gp apt with a prescription for sertraline and after a month if they don't work I can have hrt gel. I've read the side effects and now scared to take them.
I have the HRT gel and it's great for being able to alter the dosage if needed. I can manage generally on one measure a day but occasionally use 2 if needed.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
What was the dosage? I started on 25mg and went to 50mg but now only take about 3 a week. You do have vivid dreams but I can’t remember much once I’m up. I don’t really have nightmares. I suppose everyone reacts differently to them x
The dose is 50 mg, I don't dream usually, well not that I remember.
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

The side effects listed on the leaflet are ‘worst case scenarios’ and very rare.

Take them regularly and give them a good go - there are so many different brands and types of “anti depressants” and it might take a little while to find the most effective. Don’t be scared, they are just topping up a chemical that your body is short of.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Linda x
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
The dose is 50 mg, I don't dream usually, well not that I remember.
Try 25mg for a week and then go to 50mg if you want to give them a go, my anxiety was so bad I had to do something and that’s the dose I took. Xx
Old 13 Dec 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I’m on 50mg sertraline, they help me massively.
First few days I felt a bit flu like, bit like jet lag , now the only side effects I get are vivid detailed dreams (which I enjoy ) lol.
Stick with them it will get better and your body will get used to them.

Sometimes as well I find myself clenching my jaw too.

Edited at 09:43 AM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
I’m on 50mg sertraline, they help me massively.
First few days I felt a bit flu like, bit like jet lag , now the only side effects I get are vivid detailed dreams (which I enjoy ) lol.
Stick with them it will get better and your body will get used to them.

Sometimes as well I find myself clenching my jaw too.
I clench my jaw when I am stressed. I have to concentrate on not clenching.
I bought some black cohosh a while back but did not take them because I was worried about side effects and because it says do not take if you have or had breast cancer.
I have not had breast cancer but it does run in the family (so no hrt)
Has any one found black cohosh work or has symptoms?
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List