Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Mar 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
touringplans/blog/2017/0...as-effect-wdw/
The effect of Pandora on the rest of Walt Disney World!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DJSwitch View Post
If there are no fast-passes should I also assume there will be no DAS pass usage either?
I had wondered this too, I will find it hell to deal with the crowds and the standing in queues but it is not going to stop me!
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
I’m gonna be in NYC 2nd week in September, I’m seriously considering flying down for 2 nights! Am I mad 😂
Absolutely barking, but hey, what the hell. You only live once

We get in about a week after the opening. Was really hoping we would miss it, because even though I'm a Star Wars fan I was really hoping for a more chilled time this year. Disney have shot that hope out of the water

DD is miffed as she doesn't even like SW
Old 8 Mar 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We are going first two weeks of September was hoping it would be quiet and am disappointed with the news
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sanmiguel
Getting to know the DIBB

We arrive on 22nd August at HRH at Universal but transfer to WDW Swan on the 29th (believe it or not) for (sort of) onsite stay.

My daughter texted me the news today and now my family think I am crazy bonkers and a right grump as I am moaning about how busy it's going to be especially over labor day weekend. I don't think they have thought about the crowds.

The Studios is my favourite park and ToT my all time favourite ride , now I am worried I won't get on anything .

I think we might make a HS visit whilst we are at HRH on Universal before SWGE opens then maybe brave a visit after just to be nosey ? We can walk to HS and Epcot from our hotel

Deffo hope the other parks are quieter as a result of this.

Also think my hotel will be rammed with loads of costumed up HaAns Solos and Bobba Fett's now ! (And I am a huge Star Wars Fan).

Haven't been for 10 years to Florida then this happens !- Oh well it could be a lot worse !

To paraphrase Obi Wan Kenobi in the original Star Wars "These are not the dates you're looking for !"
Sanmiguel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sanmiguel View Post
We arrive on 22nd August at HRH at Universal but transfer to WDW Swan on the 29th (believe it or not) for (sort of) onsite stay.

My daughter texted me the news today and now my family think I am crazy bonkers and a right grump as I am moaning about how busy it's going to be especially over labor day weekend. I don't think they have thought about the crowds.

The Studios is my favourite park and ToT my all time favourite ride , now I am worried I won't get on anything .

I think we might make a HS visit whilst we are at HRH on Universal before SWGE opens then maybe brave a visit after just to be nosey ? We can walk to HS and Epcot from our hotel

Deffo hope the other parks are quieter as a result of this.

Also think my hotel will be rammed with loads of costumed up HaAns Solos and Bobba Fett's now ! (And I am a huge Star Wars Fan).

Haven't been for 10 years to Florida then this happens !- Oh well it could be a lot worse !

To paraphrase Obi Wan Kenobi in the original Star Wars "These are not the dates you're looking for !"
Not sure Disney will Let any Adults in , in Star Wars costumes it's against their rules!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sanmiguel
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
Not sure Disney will Let any Adults in , in Star Wars costumes it's against their rules!
Really ? - I did not know that !

Is it just star wars costumes or do Adults in Disney costumes get refused entry also ?
Sanmiguel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sanmiguel View Post
Really ? - I did not know that !

Is it just star wars costumes or do Adults in Disney costumes get refused entry also ?
Yep no adults can wear costumes at all,unless it's mnsshp!
It's down to missleading children,which could be dangerous!

Edited at 06:02 PM.
Old 8 Mar 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

All this chat and worry/excitement but lets face it they could well suddenly have a blip and the whole thing might be put off for another month!
Old 8 Mar 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jt37 View Post
We come home on the 24th 😢😢 but hoping it may mean less crowds when we are there🙂
We fly home then too

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List