Notices

Old 16 Jun 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm looking forward to reading your plans. We are also going back in 2020 but not until August. I'm so tempted to start a pre-trip report but I don't have a lot to put in it yet!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Been a while since my last update. I hadn't booked anything new since then but today I'm happy to report that I've booked our flights! Virgin via Netflights for £2184 for all 5 of us including hold baggage. Really pleased with that price as I'd budgeted £2500, just need to not check prices again now
I also booked tickets for Universal, Busch and SeaWorld with Orlandoattractionstickets which included a free eat and play card. Looks like it has a few useful discounts for us but personally I'm not sure it's worth paying for.
The only thing I have left to book is car hire which is coming up around £500 for a minivan for 11 nights. Holding out in the hope of getting that price down a little!

I've also made a tentative ADR list:
1900 park fare breakfast
Cinderella's royal table dinner (after BBB)
Hoop de doo
Homecoming dinner
Ohana dinner
Garden Grill dinner
Boma dinner
T rex dinner
I thought doing a couple of 2 credit meals was the way to go so the dining plan doesn't become overwhelming for the kids. The only one I'm unsure about is T rex as it has mixed reviews but I thought the theming would be fun. I'm interested to see what the new Toy Story restaurant will be like as that could be another idea.

My oldest Nancy has also decided she really wants to save up for an American Girl doll so I guess we'll be making a trip to the store next year... Been watching videos on YouTube and it looks like a fun experience for kids but I draw the line at paying for spa treatments for a doll!

Edited at 12:54 AM.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We booked our car direct through Virgin as they seemed to be the cheapest. Luxury car 7 nights £300.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
We booked our car direct through Virgin as they seemed to be the cheapest. Luxury car 7 nights £300.
Does that price come with CDW (I.e adequate comprehensive insurance)? If so, it is a very good price. If not, then the cost of an insurance upgrade with Virgin can be prohibitive.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah that price is with full insurance and extra drivers and sat nav. It's through Virgin atlantic website.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Been a while since i've updated this Haven't done an awful lot of planning in the interim to be honest (just beavering away with the saving to pay for it all!) but with our ADR date being less than 2 weeks away I thought i'd best finalise our Disney plans. I subscribed to Touringplans a while back and the crowd calendar has been invaluable (along with The Dibb's busy day guide of course!) I haven't looked much into the other sections of the site, ie. itineraries, as yet but I plan to soon.
So after much deliberating and rearranging, here we have Our Disney Plan!

Sat 16th: Arrive, hopefully have a reasonable wait through immigration (thinking positive!) and get the magical express to CBR. Dinner at the resort food court, can't see us being up for going further afield on the first night.

Sun 17th: Magic Kingdom day. Early lunch at Be Our Guest at 11:00. Dinner at Ohana at 6:00. I can't see the kids being up to staying awake for the fireworks on the first night so we'll go back to CBR after dinner.

Mon 18th: Epcot day. Early lunch at Garden Grill at 11:30. Dinner somewhere in the world showcase, really like the look of the Tangierine Cafe. Again, I doubt the fireworks would be doable at this point so likely we'll go back to CBR after dinner.

Tues 19th: Hollywood Studios day. Early lunch at Docking Bay 7 and dinner at ABC Commissary (will try for a 5:00 ADR for this) Considering booking Oga's Cantina for OH but not sure where to fit it in, maybe after lunch. Planning to stay for Fantasmic, fingers crossed for a dry day!

Weds 20th: Rest day. Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 9:00, visit Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs. Dinner at Polite Pig.

Thurs 21st: Magic Kingdom day 2. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for all 3 kids at 11:00 and Cinderella's Royal Table at 12:30 (hoping these timings will work OK, may do 10:30 and 12:00 instead) Dinner at Columbia Harbour House. Planning to stay for the fireworks.

Fri 22nd: Animal Kingdom day. Early lunch at Satuli Canteen and dinner at Boma at 6:00. Planning to stay for Rivers of Light.

Sat 23rd: Hollywood Studios/Epcot split day. Early lunch at Woody's Lunchbox and dinner at Teppan Edo at 6:00. Planning to stay for the fireworks.

Sun 24th: Rest day. Breakfast at the Spyglass Grill at CBR, visit Blizzard Beach and Winter Summerland for minigolf then Hoop de doo at 6:15.

Mon 25th: Animal Kingdom day 2: Early lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. It's likely to be morning EMH here today so hopefully we can take advantage of that and leave mid afternoon. It's Memorial Day so i'm expecting it to be pretty busy! Dinner at T Rex at 6:00 and using up any leftover dining plan credits in Disney Springs.

Tues 26th: Check out early and head to the Hard Rock Hotel. Undecided whether to pick up our hire car early on this day or on Monday evening so we have it ready to go asap. Leaning towards the latter. It doesn't cost any more in hire charges, just adds on one night's parking charge at CBR which isn't a huge deal.

I'm anticipating using snack credits for breakfasts most days so hopefully between that and something else between meals we shouldn't end up with too many spare credits, although if I must spend them in Ghirardelli before they expire then so be it!
After Disney we have 2 days at Universal with FOTL access before we move to the villa for 9 nights. I've made a rough plan of parks to visit and restaurants I like the look of but i'm anticipating we can take a more relaxed approach for the second half of our holiday. One thing I can't really predict is how tired the kids will get and for that reason i'm anticipating having to miss one or more Disney evening shows/fireworks on the nights we have them planned. However, as we have 14 day tickets which don't expire til 31st there is some flexibility to pop back to Disney when we're staying at the villa. I know a lot of people like to take afternoon breaks with kids but when we tried that at Disneyland Paris I felt like it used up a lot of time for little benefit so i'm not entirely sold but not opposed to the idea.
Feel like i've got a big chunk of planning done now and so excited that the 6 month mark is fast approaching!

Edited at 10:30 AM.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LizzyBear View Post
Been a while since i've updated this Haven't done an awful lot of planning in the interim to be honest (just beavering away with the saving to pay for it all!) but with our ADR date being less than 2 weeks away I thought i'd best finalise our Disney plans. I subscribed to Touringplans a while back and the crowd calendar has been invaluable (along with The Dibb's busy day guide of course!) I haven't looked much into the other sections of the site, ie. itineraries, as yet but I plan to soon.
So after much deliberating and rearranging, here we have Our Disney Plan!

Sat 16th: Arrive, hopefully have a reasonable wait through immigration (thinking positive!) and get the magical express to CBR. Dinner at the resort food court, can't see us being up for going further afield on the first night.

Sun 17th: Magic Kingdom day. Early lunch at Be Our Guest at 11:00. Dinner at Ohana at 6:00. I can't see the kids being up to staying awake for the fireworks on the first night so we'll go back to CBR after dinner.

Mon 18th: Epcot day. Early lunch at Garden Grill at 11:30. Dinner somewhere in the world showcase, really like the look of the Tangierine Cafe. Again, I doubt the fireworks would be doable at this point so likely we'll go back to CBR after dinner.

Tues 19th: Hollywood Studios day. Early lunch at Docking Bay 7 and dinner at ABC Commissary (will try for a 5:00 ADR for this) Considering booking Oga's Cantina for OH but not sure where to fit it in, maybe after lunch. Planning to stay for Fantasmic, fingers crossed for a dry day!

Weds 20th: Rest day. Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 9:00, visit Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs. Dinner at Polite Pig.

Thurs 21st: Magic Kingdom day 2. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for all 3 kids at 11:00 and Cinderella's Royal Table at 12:30 (hoping these timings will work OK, may do 10:30 and 12:00 instead) Dinner at Columbia Harbour House. Planning to stay for the fireworks.

Fri 22nd: Animal Kingdom day. Early lunch at Satuli Canteen and dinner at Boma at 6:00. Planning to stay for Rivers of Light.

Sat 23rd: Hollywood Studios/Epcot split day. Early lunch at Woody's Lunchbox and dinner at Teppan Edo at 6:00. Planning to stay for the fireworks.

Sun 24th: Rest day. Breakfast at the Spyglass Grill at CBR, visit Blizzard Beach and Winter Summerland for minigolf then Hoop de doo at 6:15.

Mon 25th: Animal Kingdom day 2: Early lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. It's likely to be morning EMH here today so hopefully we can take advantage of that and leave mid afternoon. It's Memorial Day so i'm expecting it to be pretty busy! Dinner at T Rex at 6:00 and using up any leftover dining plan credits in Disney Springs.

Tues 26th: Check out early and head to the Hard Rock Hotel. Undecided whether to pick up our hire car early on this day or on Monday evening so we have it ready to go asap. Leaning towards the latter. It doesn't cost any more in hire charges, just adds on one night's parking charge at CBR which isn't a huge deal.

I'm anticipating using snack credits for breakfasts most days so hopefully between that and something else between meals we shouldn't end up with too many spare credits, although if I must spend them in Ghirardelli before they expire then so be it!
After Disney we have 2 days at Universal with FOTL access before we move to the villa for 9 nights. I've made a rough plan of parks to visit and restaurants I like the look of but i'm anticipating we can take a more relaxed approach for the second half of our holiday. One thing I can't really predict is how tired the kids will get and for that reason i'm anticipating having to miss one or more Disney evening shows/fireworks on the nights we have them planned. However, as we have 14 day tickets which don't expire til 31st there is some flexibility to pop back to Disney when we're staying at the villa. I know a lot of people like to take afternoon breaks with kids but when we tried that at Disneyland Paris I felt like it used up a lot of time for little benefit so i'm not entirely sold but not opposed to the idea.
Feel like i've got a big chunk of planning done now and so excited that the 6 month mark is fast approaching!
Wow! Your plans are coming together nicely and look great. I think we are probably about 50 days behind you but you have made me realise I will have to start thinking about the daily plan at some point pretty soon. Like you, we have pretty much been concentrating of the boring but necessary savings part!
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Just caught up. Your plans look fab

Also noticed that we're in AK and EPCOT too 22nd and 23rd, if you see us say hi X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Mobile

Hello! Hope everyone following along had a brilliant Christmas, mine was lovely but manic... My older daughter Nancy turned 8 on 19th so it's always an extra busy time of year for us. My younger daughter and son are staying over at my parents' house tonight and I'm looking forward to getting the toys tidied away. Can't quite bring myself to take the tree down though, think that will be new years day.
Since my last update I have booked all of my ADRs and BBB (whilst poolside at Centreparcs lol!) and got everything on my list at almost exactly the times I wanted. I'm not banking on fastpasses being quite so stress free!
I also finally booked our car hire yesterday. 7 seater SUV for £470 for 12 nights from Discountfloridacarhire including multiple drivers and sat nav. It was cheaper than a mini van so a no brainer really! I was hoping for £400 but I'm happy to 'lock in' this price for now and will continue checking until 8 weeks before we travel to see if it comes down at all.
Oh and I also paid off all our balances so we can just focus on saving up for spends now, can't believe its nearly 4.5 months til we go and our single digit day is 40 days away!
Old 28 Dec 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LizzyBear View Post
Hello! Hope everyone following along had a brilliant Christmas, mine was lovely but manic... My older daughter Nancy turned 8 on 19th so it's always an extra busy time of year for us. My younger daughter and son are staying over at my parents' house tonight and I'm looking forward to getting the toys tidied away. Can't quite bring myself to take the tree down though, think that will be new years day.
Since my last update I have booked all of my ADRs and BBB (whilst poolside at Centreparcs lol!) and got everything on my list at almost exactly the times I wanted. I'm not banking on fastpasses being quite so stress free!
I also finally booked our car hire yesterday. 7 seater SUV for £470 for 12 nights from Discountfloridacarhire including multiple drivers and sat nav. It was cheaper than a mini van so a no brainer really! I was hoping for £400 but I'm happy to 'lock in' this price for now and will continue checking until 8 weeks before we travel to see if it comes down at all.
Oh and I also paid off all our balances so we can just focus on saving up for spends now, can't believe its nearly 4.5 months til we go and our single digit day is 40 days away!
Glad your ADR day went well. People seem to have had smooth experiences recently from what I have been reading. The countdown is starting to drop now. Roll on 2020!
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List