Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 25 Nov 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Starting Disney tickets week before Disney stay

Hi, I’m after some help from someone who has managed to do this successfully!

We want our Disney tickets to start the week before our disney on site stay. I’ve booked the Disney tickets with Orlando attractions and the hotel stay via hotels.com. When I put both on MDE I’ll be able to book Fastpass at 60 days out during my hotel stay, but how does the system know to open up the week before at 30 days out (hope I’m making sense here! )

Has anyone actually successfully done this? And was it straight forward? Thanks!

Edited at 02:28 PM.
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Any tickets added to your MDE will automatically be able to book the 30 days FP.
Very simple and just book your 60 day when they open and then wait a few weeks and book your 30 day ones.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Any tickets added to your MDE will automatically be able to book the 30 days FP.
Very simple and just book your 60 day when they open and then wait a few weeks and book your 30 day ones.
Brilliant, thanks. Have you successfully done this?

We’ve stayed offsite before so I know what you mean about it being open to book whenever, however i think adding the hotel stay confuses things? Last time we went we had an on-site hotel stay at the beginning of our holiday, but Fastpass wasn’t ‘open’ on MDE for any dates before our on site stay.

Edited at 02:29 PM.
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Can anyone offer some experience of this please?
Old 28 Nov 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Last time we went we had an on-site hotel stay at the beginning of our holiday, but Fastpass wasn’t ‘open’ on MDE for any dates before our on site stay.
chances are that was because you were on a package, and tickets on a package are not valid until check in date.
so you could not make any FP+ reservation before 60 days from check in, and no FP+ reservation for visits before the check in dates, as tickets were not valid before the check in date.

here you have standalone tickets

, but how does the system know to open up the week before at 30 days out
well, since your tickets are standalone and not package, they open any date that's 30 days from today. plain and simple.
but that won't open "the week", that will open a day, 30 days away
you'll need to make FP+ selections one day at a time, you won't be able to do them for the full week before the stay.

so to make it simple by the example

let's say today is your 60 days out from your check in
you can book FP+ for the whole onsite stay week

then, 30 days from today, you'll be able to book the FP+ for the first day of your first (offiste) week
31 days from today, you'll be able to book the FP+ for your second day of your first (offsite) week
32 days from today, FP+ for your 3rd offsite day

and do on
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List