Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
janey85
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneye View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. I generally agree that a compact pram is ideal and I welcome the suggestions. My fear is that the little one is just a bit too young and has suffered with bad reflux so I don’t want to get a new pram, get there and find out she can’t settle in it well. If she was a month or two older the decision would be easier.

Our plan is to take the vista, it does fold as one piece but is quite heavy. I don’t think we’ll be using buses too often anyway (definitely a benefit of the yacht club).

We booked the trip over a year ago after a bit of bad news and now we have a 3 month old we realise this won’t be the same kind of trip as when we went just the 2 of us! Keeping the baby happy and settled will be a bit of a priority so her familiar pram will help with that.

Thankfully uppababy do a travel bag which essentially acts as an insurance policy against baggage handling mishaps.

With regards to security I assume stroller locks aren’t allowed? I’m going to try and make it stand out and am considering a tile device if anyone has any experience of these?
I don’t know if this helps at all, but we wanted to use our vista but decided to rent a vista over there from Kissimmee Strollers. We didn’t want to risk the potential damage in transit and the rental one we had worked out really well. You could also rent a Cruz with them which is the smaller version of the vista. If it is reassuring we found the vista very easy to use on buses and were so grateful for the lovely big basket and the fact that our baby girl slept so well. We used a sling in airport which also worked super well.
janey85 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
janey85
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Forgot to say the stroller company we used also had a theft insurance that was cheap which meant leaving it without any worries!
janey85 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Last year we took our 9 week old granddaughter and took her bugaboo fox pram .
Its two piece and we took the carrycot , then at 6 months we took it with the pushchair

And i am so glad we did , its a dream to push and she was so comfy in it , and it wasn’t any hassle at all

We had the proper pram bag and it was well protected in that during the flight.

We also wanted her facing us.

I saw plenty of Vista’s in the parks last week .

Now shes 15 months so we took a Bugaboo Bee for her this last trip and again it suffered no damages

Get a decent pram bag and you will be fine
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by janey85 View Post
Forgot to say the stroller company we used also had a theft insurance that was cheap which meant leaving it without any worries!
Our bugaboo fox is covered on our house insurance for theft / damage both at home and abroad, cost me something like £3 extra a year to add it on .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 02:24 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disneye View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. I generally agree that a compact pram is ideal and I welcome the suggestions. My fear is that the little one is just a bit too young and has suffered with bad reflux so I don’t want to get a new pram, get there and find out she can’t settle in it well. If she was a month or two older the decision would be easier.

Our plan is to take the vista, it does fold as one piece but is quite heavy. I don’t think we’ll be using buses too often anyway (definitely a benefit of the yacht club).

We booked the trip over a year ago after a bit of bad news and now we have a 3 month old we realise this won’t be the same kind of trip as when we went just the 2 of us! Keeping the baby happy and settled will be a bit of a priority so her familiar pram will help with that.

Thankfully uppababy do a travel bag which essentially acts as an insurance policy against baggage handling mishaps.

With regards to security I assume stroller locks aren’t allowed? I’m going to try and make it stand out and am considering a tile device if anyone has any experience of these?
It will be fine

I was a bit worried leaving our Bugaboo Fox outside rides but in all honesty with a young baby it wasn’t left that often anyway . And actually theres a lot of expensive prams in the parks anyway

The only tome ours was a pain was on the trams in WDW from the car park to the parks so we walked it , it was much easier and often quicker.
Old 2 Dec 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneye
Earning My Ears

Mobile

We’re here now and have had no problems with the Vista. Bought the dedicated travel bag for it which insures it against damage on the flight. Managed to fold it fine on the bus to MK today and the rest of the time the size hasn’t been an issue. There are bigger prams around and I think it would be very unlucky to have anything stolen.

Managing jet lag in a 3 month old baby however... 😀
Disneye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

When we did a Family Disney holiday , my oldest Son got pushchair’s for my 2 grandchildren from car boot worked out well just left them behind at end of holiday , middle Son brought there expensive pushchair with them for granddaughter but got badly damaged on flight home with Virgin and had to hang about at Gatwick while they put a claim in .
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post

i'm past that stage of life now but I would always buy a cheap buggy for holidays abroad, especially after having had my pram lost by the airline when I last took my youngest to USA , we got it back when we returned to the airport after a 3 week trip but not in the best of condition!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

We put a tile in our buggy when we went as we have a friend who had hers stolen. Disney were very good and replaced it, even the changing back contents but not sure if that was because they were staying at a luxury on site property. Picking up our buggy from a buggy park I saw a woman in tears because hers was stolen so unfortunately it does happen although rarely. Make yours look different with a scarf around the handle.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List