Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Dec 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Help with return flight please

So BA booked and paid for next september.

However, I want to change dates with them without being penalised.
Turns out this is not possible fekking starting to get really peed off with BA

Date change is only coming back from orlando!

They want an extra £150 from me!

Can anyone tell me if can get a cheap flight return from Orlando? I am sooo unhappy with BA especially as I fly with them twice a year and just three weeks ago was officially the worst travel day out ever!

I have decided I am now going to book all holidays to Disney last minute. This booking so far in advance and handing my money over means I will be on a loser!
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You could check with sky scanner but I think most single flights would work out more expensive than the £150 quoted by BA

Have a look on norwegian air

Edited at 04:14 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Surely it mentions that charge in the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you booked the flights. If it doesn't then tell them, see what say.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post

A charge of £150 to change a flight is excellent! Most leisure flights are sold on a non refundable, non changeable basis. Not many people purchase flexible flights as they are usually at least double the price of a non flexible one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

£150 change fee (plus any difference in fare, if applicable), is standard for BA on a non-flexible long haul economy ticket. No disrespect at all, but travelling twice a year with BA means nothing in relation to booking conditions (I say this as someone who flies BA a lot more than that, and rarely, if ever, get any flexibility on ticket conditions).

Flexible tickets are likely to be a lot more expensive than what you paid (though your point that booking way in advance isn't always advisable is fair enough).

£150 is in reality a lot cheaper than buying another one way ticket with any other airline (Norwegian might come closest). The only other possibilities to avoid such fees are unpredictable. Schedule changes might happen which trigger a free rebook, or you can wait until after the outbound is flown, when the rebooking rules change (but fare differences might still apply).

Honestly, you booked an inflexible ticket, and although it might not be what you want to hear, if you want certainty then you may just have to suck up the amendment fees.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
£150 change fee (plus any difference in fare, if applicable), is standard for BA on a non-flexible long haul economy ticket. No disrespect at all, but travelling twice a year with BA means nothing in relation to booking conditions (I say this as someone who flies BA a lot more than that, and rarely, if ever, get any flexibility on ticket conditions).

Flexible tickets are likely to be a lot more expensive than what you paid (though your point that booking way in advance isn't always advisable is fair enough).

£150 is in reality a lot cheaper than buying another one way ticket with any other airline (Norwegian might come closest). The only other possibilities to avoid such fees are unpredictable. Schedule changes might happen which trigger a free rebook, or you can wait until after the outbound is flown, when the rebooking rules change (but fare differences might still apply).

Honestly, you booked an inflexible ticket, and although it might not be what you want to hear, if you want certainty then you may just have to suck up the amendment fees.
Spot on I wonder how the OP would be if BA decided that they wanted to change the return date sure they would be just as angry as they are here.

We all buy the cheapest possible tickets one of the reasons they are cheap is that they are not flexible.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Flying with BA twice a year will have no effect on pricing for you. They make their money on fully flex tickets bought close to flying dates by business travellers, who can be on 50 or more flights a year.

When you bought your non flex tickets you signed up to their terms and conditions so there’s no justification on getting mad with them for following the rules. You will just be beating yourself up.

The £150 is a reasonable price for a change in my opinion. I’d go for it

Please don’t get upset about it, there’s nothing you can do. Be positive about the upcoming holiday and put this behind you.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Spot on I wonder how the OP would be if BA decided that they wanted to change the return date sure they would be just as angry as they are here.

We all buy the cheapest possible tickets one of the reasons they are cheap is that they are not flexible.
Actually they HAVE changed my flight going out and I am NOT angry I am happy I am still blessed to be going! I Have not argued it with them but did think they may take that into account for me wanting to change the return flight but they didn't!
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Surely if they have changed your flight you have the option to accept the change or cancel the whole return flight? This would leave you free to book whatever dates suited at no penalty other than the flight cost for those dates.

Sorry to say but I actually think the £150 isnt too bad and I am sure its pretty clear when booking, or at least it was the last time I booked with BA.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Actually they HAVE changed my flight going out and I am NOT angry I am happy I am still blessed to be going! I Have not argued it with them but did think they may take that into account for me wanting to change the return flight but they didn't!
When they changed the outbound flight, they would have asked you to accept it or get refund. If you had declined it then you would have been free to rebook on the dates you wanted, although you would be subject to whatever price changes there have been.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List