Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Dec 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad everything was eventually resolved and you have arrived safely. Now go enjoy your holiday.
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yetihunter View Post
Just thought I would update. Didnt check in online but went to the self check in kiosk. As predicted I checked in fine but not OH. Had to then queue to be seen by a desk clerk. She couldn't see any reason why this always happens as she checked him in 1st time. He wasnt one of the 10% selected for extra security. So it still makes no sense to us why it always happens. Can never check in online and sometimes takes a few attempts at the desk. No one can give an answer. It always gets sorted but I just fear that one day we wont get a helpful person so the ongoing fear will continue I guess! Anyway we are here, its 3 30am and I'm wide awake! But all that matters right now is we are here, in a beautiful Dibb villa and loving life! Thanks for all your help everyone 👍😊
That is odd, so has no one ever given you an indication as to why this happens to him every time?
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
That is odd, so has no one ever given you an indication as to why this happens to him every time?
No and this time at the desk I specifically asked what it said and she said nothing. She checked him in fine and was as baffled as we are. It's not like it's a one off, its every time. Last time the clerk said that it just said 'do not board passenger' so when we went to customer assistance the girl there just swiped the passport and said it was fine and had no idea what he was talking about! I know this isn't the case but it almost seems like the second d attempt works! It's really weird.
Hamlet Reserve May 18, Split Stay May 17(PORS),Sunridge Woods May 16,West Haven Jan 16,Sunridge Woods Jan 15,West Haven Jan 14. POFQ Jan 13. Hilton LBV Sep 11. SSR Sep 2010. Hilton GVC,Seaworld Sep 09. Sequoia Lodge, DLP Dec 08. Royal Plaza, Downtown Disney Jul 08. Disneyland, CA Jun 08, Int Drive 07, Int Drive 06, DLP 05, West Coast Honeymoon Jul 04, Int Drive Jan 04[/COLOR][/SIZE]
yetihunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

No and this time at the desk I specifically asked what it said and she said nothing. She checked him in fine and was as baffled as we are. It's not like it's a one off, its every time. Last time the clerk said that it just said 'do not board passenger' so when we went to customer assistance the girl there just swiped the passport and said it was fine and had no idea what he was talking about! I know this isn't the case but it almost seems like the second d attempt works! It's really weird.
He probably shares the same name as someone on the USA watch list so additional info from passport is required to differentiate (a checkin agent won’t have access to this info just a request to scan passport etc) I believe you can find out by contacting the US Embassy and requesting his details are marked as “safe” - I suggest looking at their website and or send them an email outlining what has happened ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
He probably shares the same name as someone on the USA watch list so additional info from passport is required to differentiate (a checkin agent won’t have access to this info just a request to scan passport etc) I believe you can find out by contacting the US Embassy and requesting his details are marked as “safe” - I suggest looking at their website and or send them an email outlining what has happened ?
Oh that sounds like an option, thank you. I'll do that when we get home!
Hamlet Reserve May 18, Split Stay May 17(PORS),Sunridge Woods May 16,West Haven Jan 16,Sunridge Woods Jan 15,West Haven Jan 14. POFQ Jan 13. Hilton LBV Sep 11. SSR Sep 2010. Hilton GVC,Seaworld Sep 09. Sequoia Lodge, DLP Dec 08. Royal Plaza, Downtown Disney Jul 08. Disneyland, CA Jun 08, Int Drive 07, Int Drive 06, DLP 05, West Coast Honeymoon Jul 04, Int Drive Jan 04[/COLOR][/SIZE]
yetihunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

just a random thought

did you include all of his surnames on his ESTA ?

as you may know it's now a requirement, even though it's not yet enforced

but, the reason I mention, is that, if it's indeed the need to differenciate from a person on the watch list, then maybe, all the surnames could help, since OLCI or kiosks are automated verification.

I may be wrong there, and your OH might not even have multiple surnames, but that's just a random thought.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
If it is a watch list issue, getting a Redress Number may help, providing a second level of identification. Once obtained, you enter the redress number when entering API for the flight, and hopefully avoid / reduce additional screening.

More info here

dhs.gov/dhs-trip
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
just a random thought

did you include all of his surnames on his ESTA ?

as you may know it's now a requirement, even though it's not yet enforced

but, the reason I mention, is that, if it's indeed the need to differenciate from a person on the watch list, then maybe, all the surnames could help, since OLCI or kiosks are automated verification.

I may be wrong there, and your OH might not even have multiple surnames, but that's just a random thought.
He has forename and 2 middle names and then surname and they match passport, esta and booking. I just dont believe that there is someone else out there with that exact name 😂
Old 12 Dec 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
If it is a watch list issue, getting a Redress Number may help, providing a second level of identification. Once obtained, you enter the redress number when entering API for the flight, and hopefully avoid / reduce additional screening.

More info here

dhs.gov/dhs-trip
Thanks very much, I'll take a look!
Old 14 Dec 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

I definitely recommend always doing online check in. If the flight is over sold then the ones that haven’t checked in online will be the ones picked from to go on standby. Have seen this a few times over the years.
It only takes a couple of mins to check in online. You don’t have to print the boarding passes if you’re doing it on your phone abroad.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List