Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Dec 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
Well I’m feeling sorry for myself right now. Cannot sleep for more than hour because of back pain. Have tried being upright in the bed with pillows supporting my neck and back, sitting upright on the couch. Nothing helps.
I’m normally a side sleeper so this is really difficult for me.
I know it’s only a minor op and I should stop moaning and get on with it. No sleep is not helping and having so much pain is making me very emotional.
Its definitely not a minor op and you are entitled to moan away!,it took a long time to recover from for me,I had a breastfed 3 month old at the time,and I remember feeling awful!.Hopefully the back pain is from trapped air etc,have you tried peppermint tea,or just plain hot water?,helped for me.hope you feel better asap,remember to take it slowly, it may be keyhole but they have still removed an organ!
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile

Well I’m feeling sorry for myself right now. Cannot sleep for more than hour because of back pain. Have tried being upright in the bed with pillows supporting my neck and back, sitting upright on the couch. Nothing helps.
I’m normally a side sleeper so this is really difficult for me.
I know it’s only a minor op and I should stop moaning and get on with it. No sleep is not helping and having so much pain is making me very emotional.
Don't be so hard on yourself - it's not just a 'minor op' and can take time to recover
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

I had a shock when I had mine, thought a day or two and I would be fine 😔. Nope, it took me weeks. And I was reminded daily it was not a minor op!
Be patient and rest as much as you can, a walk around the room might help.
I hope your feeling better soon. Xx
I drank camamile tea. 👍

Edited at 11:57 PM.
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Oh wow, good luck! You will feel amazing after! The recovery is so much less painful than the attacks!
So glad to read this post. My friend has just been told she needs her gall bladder removed and lots of positive comments which put my mind at rest .
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

After I had my gb removed, I could sleep on that side but about an inch from the edge where the mattress was firm. Once I got comfy, I didn’t dare move, moving was sooo painful. I had an open op so didn’t have gas/wind.

My surgeon told me it’s an invasive procedure that goes quite deep. It’s amazing how quickly the body recovers from it.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

We’re now nearly 4 weeks after surgery. Still unable to sleep in bed (side sleeper). I have to be completely upright to be comfortable and just when I thought my eating was under control-acid reflux hits.
I know I shouldn’t moan but by god it’s horrendous. The past 3 nights have involved talking to the big white telephone in the bathroom.
I’m so fed up with it and I’m due back at work on Tuesday 😞

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile

What has your GP said?
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’re now nearly 4 weeks after surgery. Still unable to sleep in bed (side sleeper). I have to be completely upright to be comfortable and just when I thought my eating was under control-acid reflux hits.
I know I shouldn’t moan but by god it’s horrendous. The past 3 nights have involved talking to the big white telephone in the bathroom.
I’m so fed up with it and I’m due back at work on Tuesday 😞
Have you been back to the consultant? I had keyhole gall bladder removal a few years ago and recovered fairly quickly(and I’m a moaner!). I’d seek extra advice xx hope you feel better soon