Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Dec 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Is there a way to find out what the credit card rates are? Need to pay my dvc dues so might do it now if I can find out the rate.
Depends on your credit card company. I use nationwide select when we are away and they use the inter-bank rate which is generally better than the tourist rate.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to a surge in the £... $2 - £1 works well for me.
But in the $1.30s will work for now!👍
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Bank rate at 8/41 am was 1/34
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Depends on your credit card company. I use nationwide select when we are away and they use the inter-bank rate which is generally better than the tourist rate.
Halifax clarity which is interbank i think. How Can you find out what the interbank rate is?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Halifax clarity which is interbank i think. How Can you find out what the interbank rate is?
I usually see what the market rate is on the BBC business website is. Or check my Revolut app..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Does your credit card rate not go off whether it's a Mastercard or visa and it will be their rates ? Halifax clarity is the Mastercard rate.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I was going to post something about having a feeling that people should buy dollars today if they are thinking of getting dollars in the near future.

This feeling is based on no evidence or analysis whatsoever; it just a vague hunch I have.
Haha. Well, it looks like I was completely wrong! Oops.

Good job I'm not a betting man!

And good news for anyone looking to get some dollars or euros in the near future.

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Wow! If the exit poll is right we may see $2 to the £
Well, I highly doubt it'll get up to $2 to the £ (but, hey, even I wouldn't trust my own predictions - see above). But it is going up. It's now at the same rate it was 2 or 3 days after the 2016 referendum. Perhaps we'll be lucky enough to see it get to the rate it was between January and April last year when it we got just over $1.4 to the £.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:33 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m hoping for 1.5 for July. I used to think that was dire but now consider it a decent outcome.
Old 13 Dec 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Is there a way to find out what the credit card rates are? Need to pay my dvc dues so might do it now if I can find out the rate.

You can check Mastercard or Visa rates but they will be for the day the transaction is processed, not live rates.

The prossesed date isn't always the transaction date, road toll fees are a good example, it can take a couple of weeks from when you drive through a toll until the details get back to your card provider/bank and it would be the date they get the info rather than the date you drove through the Sunpass lane.

Also don't be taken in by phrases like "£ soars after election results" and graphs that use scales that make it look like the rate has gone "through the roof". Last night the BBC used that exact phrase, it had gone from 1.30-1.35 $/£ ok a nudge in the right direction and you would get $135 for £100 insted of $130, so the £5 is better in our pocket but hardly "Soaring/rocketing" or whatever impact terms they like to use as headlines.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
You can check Mastercard or Visa rates but they will be for the day the transaction is processed, not live rates.

The prossesed date isn't always the transaction date, road toll fees are a good example, it can take a couple of weeks from when you drive through a toll until the details get back to your card provider/bank and it would be the date they get the info rather than the date you drove through the Sunpass lane.

Also don't be taken in by phrases like "£ soars after election results" and graphs that use scales that make it look like the rate has gone "through the roof". Last night the BBC used that exact phrase, it had gone from 1.30-1.35 $/£ ok a nudge in the right direction and you would get $135 for £100 insted of $130, so the £5 is better in our pocket but hardly "Soaring/rocketing" or whatever impact terms they like to use as headlines.

An almost 4% rise overnight is a huge jump.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List