Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Mar 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Next Year Already

Only a few weeks till we set off on this year's adventure (road trip followed by a week's chillax in Kissimmee) so I'm of course thinking about the next one. Mrs G fancies a Texas road trip, taking in the Alamo among other things. Flying from Manchester, are we best to fly into Dallas or Houston, or somewhere else? This would be followed by the obligatory visit to Florida. Don't really want to have multiple stopovers (perhaps the odd one, so really looking for advice Dibbers.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Grandee View Post
Only a few weeks till we set off on this year's adventure (road trip followed by a week's chillax in Kissimmee) so I'm of course thinking about the next one. Mrs G fancies a Texas road trip, taking in the Alamo among other things. Flying from Manchester, are we best to fly into Dallas or Houston, or somewhere else? This would be followed by the obligatory visit to Florida. Don't really want to have multiple stopovers (perhaps the odd one, so really looking for advice Dibbers.
Love this! I do the same, our 2019 isn't until August and I'm already thinking about our holiday for 2020!
We did a Roadtrip around Texas last year. Can't really help with the flights as we fly from London. We flew BA direct to Austin and then home from Houston.

We stayed in these places:

Austin - was good, a real relaxed 'hippy' vibe with live music and great food but I think the 2 nights we had there was enough.
Dallas - was ok. We went to the Texas State fair there, which was fun and the stockyards in Fort Worth are interesting. Plus a visit to the JFK museum is good.
Fredericksburg - loved it! It's a small 'town' in Texas hill country and we really enjoyed our time there mooching around the towns, hiking up Enchanted Rock and visiting the LBJ ranch.
Bandera - we spent a night on a dude ranch. This was more for my husband as, although we never stay in posh hotels, this was a bit too rustic for me!
San Antonio - loved this place too! Such a great city and completely different to the (many) other US cities we've visited.
Galveston - was really disappointed with this place. We were there for the last 3 nights of our holiday and it was very quiet. I don't think The weather helped as a cold front moved in, so it wasn't what we were expecting.

We drove from Galveston to Houston Airport just to go home, so didn't actually get time to look around Houston.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions, just ask!

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List