Old 1 Feb 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LOU, View Post
Sorry to jump in, can I ask how you managed to get economy out and premium home, also how many miles this would be. Thank you
I called Flying Club when I saw they had reward flights online. We had to buy 4000 miles as we needed 70000 between us and we’re a bit short.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well we had a chat today and have basically taken Universal off the table this year. Marie said it hadn’t really been on her radar and my feeling right now is I’d prefer to just concentrate on Disney (with a SeaWorld dinner thrown in). The reality is, the money that would go to Universal I’d prefer to use on upgrading the dining plan and if we had money for both I’d prefer to use it upgrading to OKW so if you look at it that way Universal is getting farther away. Of course nothing is set in stone and it could all change nearer the time!

I’ve gone with a morning EMH plan primarily. The theory being that we can then make use of it if we want but won’t have to. We won’t use them exclusively and will have the odd long lie but I do prefer to be up and out. We’ll need to have one day off since we’re there 15 days and our tickets are only 14 days but I’m hoping to book the Orlando Magical Dining Month dinner at Sharks Underwater Grill in SeaWorld like we did last year so I’d not do a Disney park that day. If we don’t get it booked we’ll have a lazy day at the resort and DS.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Universal is just so expensive these days, the first time we went a 3-park ticket (including Wet & Wild) was only £99 for two weeks and that doesn't feel that long ago. I agree the money would be better spent on either upgrading your accommodation or your DP.

I was toying with eating at CityWalk and was thinking it might be a nice surprise for Nik if I said we could pop into one of the parks, as we've never seen Diagon Alley. Then I looked into prices and soon scrapped that idea. I thought it might be an idea to go to HHN but I have no idea what that would cost or what the ride waits would be like.

Anyway, that was a lot of words to say I am sure we would have a great time at Universal, but our holiday isn't any the worse if we don't go.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Universal is just so expensive these days, the first time we went a 3-park ticket (including Wet & Wild) was only £99 for two weeks and that doesn't feel that long ago. I agree the money would be better spent on either upgrading your accommodation or your DP.

I was toying with eating at CityWalk and was thinking it might be a nice surprise for Nik if I said we could pop into one of the parks, as we've never seen Diagon Alley. Then I looked into prices and soon scrapped that idea. I thought it might be an idea to go to HHN but I have no idea what that would cost or what the ride waits would be like.

Anyway, that was a lot of words to say I am sure we would have a great time at Universal, but our holiday isn't any the worse if we don't go.
HHN we would do if it was like MNSSHP. It would be an ideal way to visit and do some rides but HHN is not for us! We could do a day on a park to park ticket and it’s not too bad but I just don’t feel bothered about it.

Trip Report Index
Old 12 Feb 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well I got a PPI pay out after all. Enough for us to do a lot of things on the list including upgrading to DDP, upgrading to OKW, upgrading to PE on the outbound and doing Universal. I've considered all of them and decided on none of them. What this money will do is allow us to not have to tighten our belts as much to stay at CBR and maybe make next year a bit easier too. I've given it a lot of thought and as much as we love OKW and love having DDP we don't need those things to have a good holiday. In fact we don't need them to have a great holiday. I did a plan and having all those evenings free was really exciting. I'm still worried about the "not having a plan plan" though. It doesn't work well for us generally to not know where we're having dinner so I'll still do a plan but there will be less ADRs. I have a couple of QS breakfasts planned so will need to pay OOP for some lunches and dinners. I just need to decide which...

Trip Report Index
Old 12 Feb 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
The current plan is based on last years park hours and will likely change several times, especially if park hours don't match.

Arrival day - QS dinner at the food court in CBR. It's unlikely we'll have the energy for anything else.

Day 1 - AK morning EMH. Breakfast will be the giant cinnamon roll from Kusafiri! Lunch will more than likely be Yak & Yeti using the Landry card but will depend how we feel. Dinner will be QS, maybe at DS.

Day 2 - DHS EMH. Breakfast in the room as DHS is not great for breakfast. QS lunch and dinner to be decided.

Day 3 - MK with an early BoG breakfast. Lunch will be Pecos Bill or somewhere and dinner will possibly be an OOP TS.

Day 4 - later start today with breakfast either at Wolfgang Pucks Express or the hotel food court. Lunch to be decided. Dinner at Yak & Yeti and evening FP in AK. This is usually when we hit the wall so we'll need a long lie.

Day 5 - I think we'll do the SeaWorld dinner this day if it's part of Orlando Magical Dining Month. That means relaxed morning and maybe offsite breakfast at IHOP and outlet shopping.

Day 6 - Epcot morning EMH. Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. Lunch blitzing our snacks at Food & Wine. Dinner will depend on how F&W goes!

Day 7 - My birthday. Morning EMH at MK with breakfast in the room. Lunch at Be Our Guest probably and I really think I should do a TS for dinner. I'm thinking The Yachtsman because we feel like we missed out last year and did Le Cellier instead.

Day 8 - morning EMH at AK so breakfast in the room. Most likely a pool afternoon so lunch in the food court. I like a resort TS on a Saturday night but now I feel like the TS meals are adding up!

Day 9 - Morning EMH at DHS so again breakfast in the room. Lunch and dinner will probably be QS. Maybe an evening visit to DS.

Day 10 - Another morning EMH at AK so breakfast in the room. Lunch and dinner will probably be QS.

Day 11 - MK with another early BoG breakfast. Lunch will be QS and depending on timing maybe Contempo Café for a wee change. QS dinner too.

Day 12 - Food court (or IHOP) breakfast with an afternoon/evening in DHS. If we decide to treat ourselves this may be Star Wars Dessert party but possible Fantasmic. Lunch and dinner will depend on that.

Day 13 - Morning EMH at Epcot so breakfast at Sunshine seasons again and F&W snacks for lunch. QS dinner.

Day 14 - Morning EMH at MK. We'll book BoG lunch but maybe won't do it. Dinner needs to be a special TS one as it's our last night.

Day 15 - last day and morning EMH at AK. Let's see what credits are left!

I'd like to leave evenings free for visits to parks and QS dinner there so some will be unplanned.

Trip Report Index
Old 12 Feb 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Gteat sounding plan! And congrats on the PPI! 👌 You can get a bonus trip now 😄😉
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Well done with the ppi payout! Really pleased to hear that you're going to stick with your original plans though as I'm dying to know how you get on and what your thoughts are

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Gteat sounding plan! And congrats on the PPI! 👌 You can get a bonus trip now 😄😉
Thanks! Unfortunately the PPI wasn’t enough for two trips . Helping though!

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Well done with the ppi payout! Really pleased to hear that you're going to stick with your original plans though as I'm dying to know how you get on and what your thoughts are
Thanks! I’m definitely feeling very positive about QSDP and want to try it at least once!

Trip Report Index
Old 15 Mar 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
So Sunday is ADR day and I haven't finalised my plan yet. I went back to the drawing board a little and decided against so many morning EMH days, especially week two. Then the opening date of Galaxy's Edge was announced to be two weeks before we go and now I don't know what to do! The days I had planned for DHS late starts I'm now rethinking as I don't think late starts will be possible. We had hoped to do the Star Wars Dessert Party and Fantasmic! but would normally go to the park early evening for those. Now I'm worried the park will be at capacity and arriving late won't work. I'm hoping for the extra early, daily morning EMH like they did with Toy Story Land so actually our day time plans don't really need to change.

I'm also on the fence again about Universal. Our two youngest nieces are totally obsessed with Harry Potter although I don't really want to spend all that money just to spend more money on presents! Especially when the Universal store at the airport has loads of HP stuff. If we do go it'll most likely be a one day park to park ticket.

The plan as it stands in order to at least get our ADRs done is:

Arrival day - no change, dinner at the resort QS.

Day 1 - No change here either. Still AK morning EMH as we'll be up early. It's Saturday so there's no way we're braving DHS.

Day 2 - now changed to MK with as close to an 8am Be Our Guest breakfast as possible.

Day 3 - pencilled in for DHS. We'll see what happens with GE.

Day 4 - potentially SeaWorld if they do the dining thing, maybe Universal if not or a shopping/Disney Springs day. Unless we do Universal it'll be a later start with an IHOP breakfast.

Day 5 - Epcot. I'm considering a Garden Grill breakfast pre park opening so will probably book this on Sunday to give us options.

Day 6 - MK but a later start and plans for dinner in the park. This is one of the few non-party/non evening EMH days at MK so it'll probably be busy and I may rethink this and do AK instead.

Day 7 - my birthday and a day I thought we might do the SW dessert party. Now I'm not sure and can't think what I want to do. I'm going to leave it pencilled in as DHS just now and see nearer FP day.

Day 8 - AK EMH as planned. Maybe a resort dinner as I don't relish the prospect of a Saturday night at DS.

Day 9 - a later start at either MK or AK. It's a party night at MK so we either have an early dinner there or we could always go to the party. If AK we'll have dinner at Yak & Yeti.

Day 10 - MK with an early BoG breakfast again.

Day 11 - leaving this open just now. It had been another later start at DHS but not sure now.

Day 12 - Epcot. We'll book some late morning FP and have lunch at F&W.

Day 13 - again penicilled in for DHS so we'll see.

Day 14 - Morning EMH at MK with a BoG lunch.

Day 15 - last day and it's morning EMH at AK again so we'll do that.

So there's just a couple of days where's we're not sure, most of it due to Galaxy's Edge opening. I got another PPI payment of £650 (I'm pretty sure this is the last!) so money for "events". I'm holding off booking MNSSHP until I know if they'll do anything Star Wars related.

As much as I love Star Wars, the opening of GE is potentially going to have a negative impact on our trip this year. We'll need to leave a lot open just in case. What I don't want though is any Flight of Passage opportunities ruined so our AK days will be fixed.

Trip Report Index