Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Mar 19, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Today we did typhoon lagoon and Epcot.
We started off with cereal in the room.

A tip about buses as I thought you had to get a connection to DS and then onto Typhoon lagoon but there are direct buses that go to the waterparks for any newbies that may not know this

So in typhoon lagoon after spending ages looking for the funnel cake stand I walked the whole park before finding it directly behind us lol.
SO I did the usual get one to try. I heard it was a love it or hate it thing.
Well, it was amazing all I can compare it to is seaside donuts. So DH went for another one and then A went for another one the whole family loved it. Definitely not the healthiest thing but it is so good A wanted to buy another before we left but I had to say no as she hadn't eaten properly.

3 snack credits
J then had a kids meal (mainly for the bucket lol) he didn't like the sandwich so the girls ate that.

1 QS credit

We went off to Epcot for Flower and wine festival.
First I got a Citrus chicken from citrus blossom.
This tasted lovely but was no bigger than 2 chicken nuggets. I enjoyed it though.

Then DH bought Poutine for the beige gang lol.
J was asleep but DH and the kids enjoyed it. I had a taste I liked the gravy but not the cheese curds . DH liked it all.

Next was my favorite thing of the day but ended up filling me up (apart from a little sweet treat lol) so I will have to try some other bits another day,
This was the Honey chicken flatbread from Honey Bee-stro. It was delicious.

3 snack credits

DH and the kids shared 2 portions of fish and chips from the Fish and chip kiosk. These tasted lovely according to DH but the portions seemed even smaller than last year,

2 QS credits

After the fish and chips we headed to taste track to get the Violet cronut. These were tasty but very messy and difficult to eat lol.

2 snack credits

After returning back to CBR we ordered chicken nuggets and alfredo pasta with chicken. The pasta was very nice. The chicken was dry but I quite like it that way at least I know it is cooked lol This came with a choice of breadstick or salad but as I was sharing with A breadstick it was lol.

2QS credits
We got A Mickey cupcake for after (I cut it up for the kids but they didn't end up eating any of it lol) so couldn't say if it was nice.

1 Snack credit

Used today
9 Snack credits 191 remaining
5 QS credits 190 remaining
Thanks for reading along

Edited at 02:20 AM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mexy. Sorry the healthy bits are all a bit samey lol.

This fruit stand was at Typhoon lagoon and Isaw this cheese and fruit bowl at Epcot.

There is hummus with veg sticks at my resort so I am pretty sure that it will be available as standard at AKL. It is all very similar for healthy options so far.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another great day . So does a Cronut taste like a croissant or a donut ?
I love funnel cake , my favourite is the strawberry and cream one mmmmmmmmm
I think you may need to up your game with the credits lol , breakfast perhaps ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Another great day . So does a Cronut taste like a croissant or a donut ?
I love funnel cake , my favourite is the strawberry and cream one mmmmmmmmm
I think you may need to up your game with the credits lol , breakfast perhaps ?
The cronut is more croissant than donut but still quite donut like ...not sure how to explain it lol. It is quite tough to eat but tastes good. I can't wait to try the strawberry funnel cake is that at HS?
I really tried hard today lol but the more snack credits I use the less meal credits get used.
My DH said all I have done today is eat lol. I am hoping that the longer we stay the more we can train our stomachs lol. Will definitely have to try harder lol.
Old 26 Mar 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Glad to see that you finally tracked down the funnel cake and enjoyed it. They have them at Sleepy Hollow for a snack credit too, so maybe the kids can get them when you try the Nutella fruit waffle? You can also get them at HS from the Oasis Canteen with either soft serve ice cream and strawberry topping or (even better) soft service ice cream with cookies and cream topping for a snack credit! Hopefully it's not changed and you can track them down (not forgetting the fruit tart of course ).

The change to the waterpark buses is very recent - as in the past few weeks, so it's good that you got to benefit from that

I love snacking around the food booths at Epcot, but some of the prices for the size of portion you get are eye watering! I don't think it's something I'd ever do if I didn't have the dining plan as I just can't bring myself to pay $7-$10 for a sample size portion. Love being able to use snack and QS credits though.

Another good day and looking forward to reading about today.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Really enjoying your report, thanks for taking the time to share . Enjoy the rest of your trip

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I didn’t know they had reverted back to direct waterpark busses! 😃 that’s fab news! I hope it continues, as it’s such a faff connecting at DS or AK.

You’ve made my day! 😀

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Enjoying your report so far. We have 8 days of qsdp in August so will be making notes.
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Mexy. Sorry the healthy bits are all a bit samey lol.

This fruit stand was at Typhoon lagoon and Isaw this cheese and fruit bowl at Epcot.

There is hummus with veg sticks at my resort so I am pretty sure that it will be available as standard at AKL. It is all very similar for healthy options so far.
That’s is brilliant thank you that’s enough for mum while we eat num nums and I’d prob do oop for those . if she wants something sweet she old probably mix strawberries or the fruit with ice cream or just share something . Fabulous thank you 😘

You have to do sleepy hollow , funnel cake and the wafffle but be warned it’s huge ! We got our funnel cake at ak but that area went but SH have them.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 10:06 AM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh my word, that funnel cake looks delicious. I’ve mever tried it so I’m adding it to my ever-growing list