Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 Oct 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Nothing like a meal the day before you travel 😊 I can't believe that max n cheese was only £4! I love crispy onions too so I'd love that dish... Off to see if there's a brewdog pub near me 👀 xx
Originally Posted by sammi71 View Post
Looking forward to reading along, the pre travel day food looked amazing
Breakfast looked lovely and Wetherspoons didn't look too bad either! X
Thanks both!

The mac and cheese is so good in there. definitely worth £4!

Hopefully will have another few days up at the weekend and will start the actual US food part
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Brewdog looks fantastic, I’ve never been but I think we have one in Dundee. I’ll have to make a point of visiting but I am avoiding town after all the holiday spending.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Brewdog looks fantastic, I’ve never been but I think we have one in Dundee. I’ll have to make a point of visiting but I am avoiding town after all the holiday spending.
Brewdog also do a great range of beers. They have guest ones and a few nice porters!

I also want to apologise to any readers for the delay. I've been super busy at work and lazy with updating anything holiday related
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Monday 7th October

We were up at 6:30 and leaving the room by 7:15. We had paid £8 for Premium Security so were through by 7:25!

We had already looked online so knew where we were going this morning.

Sonoma

We were seated in the middle of the restaurant, this place reminded me of Armadillo with a similarly laid back vibe.

Arron got a Orange juice for £3.25 and I got a Yorkshire tea for £2.35

Foodwise Arron ordered the Mexican eggs-"soft warm corn tortilla,
fried eggs, tomato salsa+ chipotle sauce, mixed beans,crispy chorizo bits" for £9.95.

These looked really good and Arron liked the mix of different flavours.

I ordered the Farm toast "on brown sourdough with sliced banana, almond butter, toasted almonds, maple syrup, raspberry jam" for £8.95.

When this came it looked really small, but was really nice. The raspberry was tart along with crunchy almonds and fresh fruit.

In here you can pay via the app so Arron paid £26.50 while we were still eating and we left when we were done.

Snacks

After breakfast we wandered to WHSmith and got water & polos for a few pounds.

Also we queued at Starbucks for a Mocha praline macchiato which was around £4. No photos of this but it was generic Starbucks takeaway cup shaped

Our gate was 566 and while we walked over we bumped into one of Arron's old friends who works at Gatwick which was bizarre!

Arron had the dreaded SSSS but only had a couple of swabs taken from his bag etc.

Plane food

We took off at 10:25 and drinks came around at 10:45.

Obligatory pretzels, then I got lemonade & Arron a whiskey and coke.

I watched Stoker, and food came round at 11:45.

We both got the mac & cheese, cucumber salad, boursin etc. No bread rolls though

The dessert was Gu chocolate & Uzu which I ate both of

No mini ice creams, instead little bags of Skittles and a cup of tea while I watched Fighting with my Family.

Then at 5:25 UK time we were served afternoon tea.

We made a conscious decision to swap here. So Arron ate 2 mozzarella rolls.

And I ate 2 scones...

Ha

We landed at 2:10 Orlando time, had a wait for our Mears shuttle but got to the Rosen at 4:15.

Got our request as we were Block C Room 2409.

Millers

We got to Millers at 5:15 and sat in the patio area.

As always, I got a raspberry iced tea , Arron stsarted with a Long Island iced tea.

We weren't super hungry so decided to go more snacky.

Arron ordered Zingers with the new 5 Pepper Fire sauce.

These are the spiciest they do, Arron really enjoyed them. It isn't really my thing to get spicy food but they didn't seem crazy hot.

I ordered the Tex Mex chicken nachos-"Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, tortilla chips, roasted chile spiced chicken, pico de gallo, scallions and drizzled with garlic-lime crema. Served with a bowl of white queso for dipping."

These nachos were pretty huge but the chicken was great and there was loads of queso dip.

Arron ended up eating some too.

Arron ordered a 'Grateful Dead' cocktail next. I cannot find this on the menu at all!?!?!

It was very reminiscent of a Purple Rain in my eyes. So was quite nice.

Then he grabbed a beer too.

We stayed here until 7pm as we were watching Poker on the big TVs.

We left $50 including tip as our server literally kept vanishing and our drinks took an absolute age to be delivered.

Walgreens

We headed to Walgreens and grabbed suncream, milk and beer.

$17 all in and then we went back to the room.
Old 10 Nov 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Wow, those nachos have gone straight onto next years list 😍
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Those nachos looks amazing 😍😍 wow a great, travel day for food 👍 xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Wow, the chicken nachos look fantastic, right up my street. Straight onto my list for next year's trip. Going to enjoy your food report as it seems you have a bit of a sweet tooth ! Loved your pre travel day food and swopping your roll for another scone on the plane.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Wow, those nachos have gone straight onto next years list 😍
Those nachos looks amazing 😍😍 wow a great, travel day for food 👍 xx
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Wow, the chicken nachos look fantastic, right up my street. Straight onto my list for next year's trip. Going to enjoy your food report as it seems you have a bit of a sweet tooth ! Loved your pre travel day food and swopping your roll for another scone on the plane.
Thanks for reading guys

The nachos were nice and reasonably priced too!

Ha I do have a sweet tooth so there are definitely a few dessert type things coming up.

I'll try to update a bit quicker from now
Old 17 Nov 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Hi all, apologies for the delay again...

Tuesday 8th October

We slept until after 5am sometime & got ready from there. We had booked onto the 7:35 shuttle to Universal so had a while to chill out.

We were through security at Citywalk by 8am and headed straight over to Universal. Arron rode Rip Ride rockit thenwe both rode my all time fave The Mummy

After this we stepped away to get breakfast.

Starbucks

We ordered a grande iced white chocolate Mocha and the chorizo and monterey classic for $11.49.

Arron loves a mocha since our last trip so this is always a hit.

The sandwich was good, I only ate a bite as Arron perched to eat on the seats by San Francisco bakery while I went in.

I just grabbed the white chocolate chip cookie for $6.39.

The cookie was thick and full of white chocolate and not too sweet.

After eating we rode Men in Black and looked around the amazing Monsters store before riding Mummy again!

This is when the rain began, we did Fast and Furious and at 11:35we out.

Drinks

Arron got a draft Bud & me a blue raspberry/lemonade Icee. This was $14.90.

We sat by Animal Actors with these before heading to the 12:30 Horror makeup show.

The sky was looking pretty bad so just after 1pm we made the decision to leave the park.

Margaritaville

Thinking the rain was temporary we sat at the bar until it stopped.

Arron ordered a Loaded Landshark and me a Virgin Mango daiquiri.

Honestly the rain just got worse and worse so we stayed and Arron had 2 more standard Landsharks.

At 2:35 we settled up with roughly $45 I think.

Went to grab an Uber from the new pickup area which was hideous because of the rainy, windy grossness.

Dropped of at Pointe Orlando and we got tickets to Ready or Not at 3:50.

Cinema

Arron just got another draft Bud again here, no idea the cost as i'd popped to the loo!

Film was great & it was still raining when we got out

I suggested dinner further down I Drive & the rain just continued to get heavier

But we finally arrived...

Buffalo Wild Wings

There was nobody in here which Arron thought was weird, but I imagine the weather had kept everyone indoors on a Tuesday evening.

We got a Coors and a Dr Pepper.

We ordered a starter if corn dog bites to share.

These are so good, the little mustard dip is amazing too. Perfect sharing size and slightly sweet batter.

For mains I ordered the steak wrap & Arron the Nashville hot burger.

My wrap was nice, but was maybe a little bland, quite full of salad but not much sauce/dressing.

Arron said the chicken in his burger was tiny so was disappointed.

Arron grabbed another Coors & we paid $54 including tip.

Headed out at 7:30, Walgreens again where we got water, beer, cereal & hazlenut M & Ms for $15/$20.

Back in the room I ate those M & Ms and watched some TV.
Old 17 Nov 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

OoOh a new food report to follow! That cookie looks fabulous - I’ll add that to my snack list 😋 I’m compiling my places for food and drinks for our first trip so will happily steal some tips! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List