Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 3 Sep 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Amybelle88
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Disabled parking

Hi gang,

What’s the situation with disabled parking on Disney property? I’m disabled, on high rate PIP for mobility and care, do I need to prove this when I get there? I’ve read that Disney’s policy is to take your word for it but I wouldn’t like to get there and come unstuck.

Also is disabled parking the same price/more expensive as it’s closer? Just budgeting parking costs for the fortnight, too - wow they are going to add up!
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Here you go. I went last week and saw but didn’t pay too much attention to it. It says here you’ll need your parking permit. disneyworld.disney.go/en...vices/parking/
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Mobile

If you look on the special needs forum there's lots of info there. If you have a blue bagde in the UK you can apply for a temporary parking pass to use in Florida. Parking prices are the same at the parks with the disabled pass.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Amybelle88
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you! I’m trying to get organised in advance - I don’t actually have a blue badge - I’ve never applied. I qualify for it, but I suppose I’ve been in a bit of denial. I’ll get applying and stop being proud!
Old 4 Sep 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
If you look on the special needs forum there's lots of info there. If you have a blue bagde in the UK you can apply for a temporary parking pass to use in Florida. Parking prices are the same at the parks with the disabled pass.
As long as your UK badge has the disabled (wheelchair) symbol showing, you can use it in the US - no need to get a US plackard.
Old 4 Sep 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by uktigg View Post
As long as your UK badge has the disabled (wheelchair) symbol showing, you can use it in the US - no need to get a US plackard.
I'm sure I read posts on here saying they no longer recognised our blue badges. Something to do with the hologram not being clearly visible?
You can receive parking fines without the actual red Florida temporary placard hanging from the rear view mirror.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Amybelle88 View Post
Thank you! I’m trying to get organised in advance - I don’t actually have a blue badge - I’ve never applied. I qualify for it, but I suppose I’ve been in a bit of denial. I’ll get applying and stop being proud!
I've had one for a few years but only actually used it a few times on really bad days. I've made more use of my disabled persons bus pass as I don't feel well enough to drive.
Old 5 Sep 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Blue Badge wise the issue is that ours has a hologram on and not a static symbol hence why some areas in the US don't recognise it. The parks will but outside of the parks you can end up with parking tickets which is why I'd suggest getting the placard for $18 I think it is now. This thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1116820&page=7 should give you the info on how to arrange this.

Price wise you pay the same as normal parking but you get parking nearer to the parks. You can also get free valet at hotels if you are going for a meal reservation as well in Disney.
Old 22 Sep 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floriman
Getting to know the DIBB

We were in Orlando in Juneand I used my Blue badge everywhere, never needed an additional permit
Floriman is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floriman
Getting to know the DIBB

I used my blue badge in June, no problem at all, used in the parks, I drive, old town and while parking at our hotel
Floriman is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List