Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Oct 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This is the thread from last year. On page 4 Bev posted the really cheap prices Virgin/Delta released on Oct 11th

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...e=4&styleid=54

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
This is the thread from last year. On page 4 Bev posted the really cheap prices Virgin/Delta released on Oct 11th

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...e=4&styleid=54
Thanks.

We have approaching 400k Virgin miles so could fly PE on miles, but tax and charges are still more than "cheap" economy flights can often be so I think we'll hold on for a bit and see what comes up.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Thanks.

We have approaching 400k Virgin miles so could fly PE on miles, but tax and charges are still more than "cheap" economy flights can often be so I think we'll hold on for a bit and see what comes up.
Wise choice

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jabbag
Proud to wear my Ears

The ITA matrix allows you to put different departure/return airports in and it gives a good idea of what prices each airline has. Skyscanner does as well.

I've booked with Expedia and they are clear about the baggage included for each flight combination. They also allow different airports. Skyscanner supposedly check Expedia but not once did the prices I found on Expedia appear on there and the offer was there for a few days.
Jabbag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi depending on what your plans are you may be better fling in and out of LA and doing what a lot of us do, a circular route.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jacko7
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hi

I also am looking for cheap flights man -sfo and return either from San Diego or lax... for Aug 2020, it’s for 5 of us and current prices are around £4000... just wondered how you track flight prices as I’ve red a lot of you guys on here have a ‘flight tracker’ , is there a certain app you use to find the cheapest flights?
jacko7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

For prices on our last trip we paid £500 in and out of LA.
We then did a circular route.
PCH ,Santa Barbara ,Monterey ,yosemite ,vegas, Palm Springs and back to LA.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Personally I would pay slightly more to not have to waste time on a circular route and make better use of the time available to me.

Never paid more than £50 each extra which is more than worth it. San Diego is an expensive airport most of the time as few airlines go from there to the UK. BA is the main one unfortunately.

Edited at 09:32 AM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Personally I would pay slightly more to not have to waste time on a circular route and make better use of the time available to me.

Never paid more than £50 each extra which is more than worth it.
It was over £200pp more to fly back from LAX instead of SFO for our dates last year so for a family of 4 that’s a substantial amount.

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Did you mean than? Unfortunate if so, usually you can find prices that work.

We did LAS in and LAX this year for £14 more each and our SFO in and LAS out the other year was cheaper than LAX in and out.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List