Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Oct 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Universal Orlando Resort To Debut The Bourne Stuntacular

An All-New, Cutting-Edge Live-Action Stunt Show, In Spring 2020. Guests Will be Brought Into the World of Jason Bourne With Live Performers, Incredible Stunts and Adrenaline-Pumping Action at Every Turn.

Universal Orlando Resort revealed that The Bourne Stuntacular will debut at Universal Studios Florida in spring 2020. This cutting-edge live-action stunt show based on Universal Pictures’ blockbuster Bourne film franchise will blur the lines between stage and cinema in a hybrid form of entertainment that has never been seen before.

The Bourne Stuntacular will follow the character of Jason Bourne around the globe as sinister characters pursue him. Everything fans have come to expect from the action-packed Bourne film franchise – thrilling chase scenes, punishing fistfights, death-defying leaps and danger at every turn – will happen right in front of guests with live performers, high-tech props and an immense LED screen, making it impossible to discern where the live action ends and the cinema begins.

Universal Orlando places guests in the heart of powerful stories and adventures with some of the world’s most entertaining and innovative theme park experiences. And now, the addition of this edge-of-your-seat live stunt show brings an unprecedented level of action-packed excitement for every member of the family as the character of Jason Bourne attempts to evade capture time and time again.

The Bourne Stuntacular will be located on the streets of Hollywood at Universal Studios Florida, in the former location of Terminator 2: 3-D. Stay tuned – more details about the exhilarating new experience will be revealed in the coming months.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh, great! That appeals to me ... : - )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
They've finally announced it. Took 'em long enough.

I see it has slipped into 2020 though. Universal originally said this "all-new live action experience based on a high-energy Universal franchise" would "open in 2019". So, it's taking Universal 2.5 years just to replace one show with another. Even Disney doesn't take that long.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Am I the only one that isn’t that bothered by this one. I know its personal opinion and I’ll more than likely still have to see it (mostly as OH loves the Bourne series) but the description sounds so similar to Terminator which I loved, that I fear being let down.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
Am I the only one that isn’t that bothered by this one. I know its personal opinion and I’ll more than likely still have to see it (mostly as OH loves the Bourne series) but the description sounds so similar to Terminator which I loved, that I fear being let down.
I'm not really that bothered by it either. I've never been a fan of the Bourne movies and am not that much of a fan of stunt shows. Like you I may still go and see it but it won't be high on my list of things to do.

I'm just surprised it took Universal this long before they announced it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

I’m also not massively excited by the announcement as stunt shows and the Bourne films don’t really appeal to me or the rest of my family. We’ll definitely go and see it if it’s open on our next trip though, as it’s always good to have something new to do at the parks.

Also, the way they are selling this maybe it will be much better than Terminator, with all the advancements in technology since that show opened... guess we’ll just have to wait and see .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Not excited
Yet another simulator / screen ride
If you look at all the rides in Universal they are getting all the same and boring
At least Islands is building another roller coaster plus Hagrids is unbeatable
Old 23 Oct 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Not excited
Yet another simulator / screen ride
It's not a ride. It's a stunt show.

Admittedly, it looks like it'll use a screen but, then again, so did the old Terminator show it replaced.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~