Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Nov 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hope it has gone well - I had mine removed 2.5 years ago and recovered in about 2 weeks
Old 26 Nov 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Hope it's gone well today. Had mine out 3.5 weeks ago and feeling so much better.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Thanks folks, was taken to theatre around 12pm and came to around 5pm. Apparently the gallbladder was very inflamed and attached to liver. I was told that "the surgeon had to work for his money".
I got home yesterday early afternoon.
And the good news is the consultant says there is no reason why I shouldn't make my holiday.
Old 29 Nov 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad all went well, take it easy.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’m home after an overnight stay, theatre at 11, recovery ward by 1 but had to wait till half 7 for a bed on a ward. Absolutely shattered and in a great of pain but hopefully sleeping in my own bed will help.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
I’m home after an overnight stay, theatre at 11, recovery ward by 1 but had to wait till half 7 for a bed on a ward. Absolutely shattered and in a great of pain but hopefully sleeping in my own bed will help.
Trying to side sleep was the worst thing for me (and the belly incision after a week!) as I normally lay on my right side where all the stupid little holes were! Hopefully a few pain killers and a nights rest in your own bed will sort you out!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Well I’m feeling sorry for myself right now. Cannot sleep for more than hour because of back pain. Have tried being upright in the bed with pillows supporting my neck and back, sitting upright on the couch. Nothing helps.
I’m normally a side sleeper so this is really difficult for me.
I know it’s only a minor op and I should stop moaning and get on with it. No sleep is not helping and having so much pain is making me very emotional.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Well I’m feeling sorry for myself right now. Cannot sleep for more than hour because of back pain. Have tried being upright in the bed with pillows supporting my neck and back, sitting upright on the couch. Nothing helps.
I know it’s only a minor op and I should stop moaning and get on with it. No sleep is not helping and having so much pain is making me very emotional.
The back pain is probably from the gas they pump in you to operate, it should disperse soon, make sure you keep up with the painkillers, if they are not ask the doctor for stronger
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Mobile

If you are still having pain from the gas it helps to walk, walk and walk some more to get rid of it.
Old 12 Dec 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Oh no, that's not good. You need to get the pain under control. I was given dihydro codeine which knocked me out. Can the doctor give you something stronger?