Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Nov 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile BA hand luggage weight/size - shocked

I’m shocked that BA have such a generous amount for hand luggage! I was just trial packing our tiny hand luggage bags and then read that cabin carry on was no more than 23kg. That seems so much. I normally take much less than that as checked luggage. I measured my regular suitcase and the measurements fit for what is allowed :0 ... I’m just surprised it’s so much - but also very happy.
Can anyone confirm that I’m not seeing things? 😂
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Its definitely 23kg for hand luggage, don't worry
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
Wow! It has made my day 😂
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

we go tomorrow and only have 12kg with KLM, we hand luggage only, allowed case and large handbag, my case is rammed n tote type bag also and together weight under 10kg, I was a little worried before I weighed them
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Florida 4
Helping Donald

I think the only stipulation is you must be able to lift it into the overhead lockers and it must fit in there. That means there`s a size restriction I suppose, as you wont get a medium sized suitcase up in there.
Fab Florida 4 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

As Fab Florida 4 says you will find it hard to get a medium suitcase in the overhead( cabin case is ok) the last BA flight we went on in September to MCO was rammed and there was definately issues trying to fit passengers luggage in the overheads as some people had so much stuff and that was going out.

The Flight attendants cannot lift suitcases into the overheads for passengers due to H&S so your case could be offloaded and put in the hold.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=snowbelle;14189052]As Fab Florida 4 says you will find it hard to get a medium suitcase in the overhead( cabin case is ok) the last BA flight we went on in September to MCO was rammed and there was definately issues trying to fit passengers luggage in the overheads as some people had so much stuff and that was going out.

The Flight attendants cannot lift suitcases into the overheads for passengers due to H&S so your case could be offloaded and put in the hold.[/QUOTE

We had this in May, mostly people on the basic ticket with no hold luggage and last to board, then moaning there was no space to put their massive cases implying we had taken all the space because we boarded first!
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by grant_w View Post

Actually its 46Kg, as your handbag size bag can also be 23kg!

So a definate, don't worry, unless your bags are too big
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Mobile

There is a defined size restriction. Maximum size of the larger piece is 56x45x25cm, max size for the smaller piece is 40x30x15cm.

Both can weigh up to 23kg, if you can get that into the smaller one, I’d be interested to see what is in there...size checking happens occasionally, weight checking almost never.

BA has one of the most generous hand luggage allowances in the world, and it is identical in all cabins.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Peko View Post
There is a defined size restriction. Maximum size of the larger piece is 56x45x25cm, max size for the smaller piece is 40x30x15cm.

Both can weigh up to 23kg, if you can get that into the smaller one, I’d be interested to see what is in there...size checking happens occasionally, weight checking almost never.

BA has one of the most generous hand luggage allowances in the world, and it is identical in all cabins.
Gold bars after a lottery win perhaps

On a more serious note BA hand baggage allowance is generous and for HBO fares very useful.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List