Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Nov 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I have a very large suitcase and I don’t pack lightly but I can’t get that to 23kgs. You would need to be carrying some very dense items get something of hand luggage dimensions close to 23kgs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I do hand luggage and with a handbaggage case of the normal size, I max out on volume at around 12kg. It is a simple matter to reduce that to 10kg, which is pretty much the normal allowance.

I don’t think that I could make standard hand baggage weigh 23kg!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We flew BA hand luggage only last weekend. The cases were the right size, at check in we were offered the chance to put them in the hold. After a quick mental check that we did'nt need anything, we agreed. It saved carrying them around the airport and we were so long in immigration that the cases were through before us.
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
I’m shocked that BA have such a generous amount for hand luggage! I was just trial packing our tiny hand luggage bags and then read that cabin carry on was no more than 23kg. That seems so much. I normally take much less than that as checked luggage. I measured my regular suitcase and the measurements fit for what is allowed :0 ... I’m just surprised it’s so much - but also very happy.
Can anyone confirm that I’m not seeing things? 😂
BA are great for hand luggage... I see you are doing Dopey..me too! We will need that allowance for our medals lol!
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post

I use a 60L BA cabin max two wheel bag

amazon/Aerolite-Al.../dp/B01LX0MK0O

alongside the rock Madison BA carry on flight bag which is BA second bag max size -

amazon/Rock-Madiso.../dp/B01MPZN7H3

and fill both with packing cubes. It's enough for three people for a week.

Edited at 08:52 PM.
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We don’t take much anyway and one medium sized case would do for 2 adults and 1 kid. Then we usually take a smaller case for the other child. We are very light travellers. So even though my medium sized case fits the size guidelines, would people suggest I use a smaller case? I’m not bothered if they offer to it it in the hold, as long as we aren’t charged
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
BA are great for hand luggage... I see you are doing Dopey..me too! We will need that allowance for our medals lol!
I’m not doing the Dopey, my husband is. I can’t wait for those medals to go on our wall though
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by making49 View Post
We flew BA hand luggage only last weekend. The cases were the right size, at check in we were offered the chance to put them in the hold. After a quick mental check that we did'nt need anything, we agreed. It saved carrying them around the airport and we were so long in immigration that the cases were through before us.
Did you have to pay extra for them to go in the hold? And was your case about medium size?
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post

We have been "offered" to put ours in the hold in the past too. It was an order really.😂

Keep anything that we might need in a packing cube on the top now and whip it out at the last minute and give them the heavy one.

I haven't paid when they have asked me, but have needed to do it in the past on an aa plane that wouldn't accept the BA one. Had to pay that time. Other times not asked to pay. Seems a mixed bag if you pardon the pun.

Edited at 08:43 PM.
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=LLamb;14189063]
Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
As Fab Florida 4 says you will find it hard to get a medium suitcase in the overhead( cabin case is ok) the last BA flight we went on in September to MCO was rammed and there was definately issues trying to fit passengers luggage in the overheads as some people had so much stuff and that was going out.

The Flight attendants cannot lift suitcases into the overheads for passengers due to H&S so your case could be offloaded and put in the hold.[/QUOTE

We had this in May, mostly people on the basic ticket with no hold luggage and last to board, then moaning there was no space to put their massive cases implying we had taken all the space because we boarded first!
We had something similar earlier this year, had 2 smallish cabin bags (rest in hold). When we got to our seats, we had no option but to keep stuff in front of us. Couldn’t of fitted a tiny bag up there, it was rammed.