Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Dec 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile What time do BA release flights?

I’ve noticed a trend recently that flights are being released really cheap (outbound £111 pp) when I check first thing in the morning at about 7am but by about 4pm they’ve gone up by around £141pp. For weekend days the cheap prices seem to have disappeared even quicker, or weren’t ever there in the first place. What time are the flights first released, is it midnight? Or is it 5am? I seem to have read both in different places! I want to book economy basic flights as cheap as I can get and totally against my usual tactic of waiting until the price drops it seems like doing this at silly o’clock in the morning on release date might be the way to go this time! I don’t really want to be awake at midnight and 5am though if I can help it so I’m hoping someone knows the exact time
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure BA release around midnight. I'm fairly certain I saw this in the days leading up to my flights being released. On the day of release I was working so unable to look just after midnight but they were available at 04:00 as that's when I booked.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Excellent thank you, it sounds like it must be midnight then! I’ll aim for a late night not an early morning!
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
BA definitely release right at midnight. That’s when I got my great deal last week. Some of them will hang around about 24 hours, some have gone up within just a few. Definitely get them as soon as they’re released at midnight on the return flight date.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by chelynnah View Post
BA definitely release right at midnight. That’s when I got my great deal last week. Some of them will hang around about 24 hours, some have gone up within just a few. Definitely get them as soon as they’re released at midnight on the return flight date.
Perfect thank you, I thought that must be the case as the weekend dates kept coming up more expensive but I imagine when they were released they were just as cheap! Fingers crossed I can get a bargain!
Old 2 Dec 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

BA releases flights at midnight GMT all year round, which means that it is midnight UK time from end October to end March, and 01:00 UK time (BST) from end of March to end of October.

So, currently at midnight UK time. The cheapest fares are not always opened for sale when flights are first released.

Edited at 07:59 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
BA releases flights at midnight GMT all year round, which means that it is midnight UK time from end October to end March, and 01:00 UK time (BST) from end of March to end of October.

So, currently at midnight UK time. The cheapest fares are not always opened for sale when flights are first released.
Thank you! Glad it’s GMT at the moment not BST! No I know, normally I wouldn’t book on release as they normally go down later on, but we’re hopefully looking at £1000 return for a family of four, which I can’t imagine it getting cheaper than!
Old 3 Dec 19, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Originally Posted by shawny122 View Post
Thank you! Glad it’s GMT at the moment not BST! No I know, normally I wouldn’t book on release as they normally go down later on, but we’re hopefully looking at £1000 return for a family of four, which I can’t imagine it getting cheaper than!
Mine flying from Sun 8th to Sat 14th Nov were 388.80 direct Gatwick to MCO. The outbound flight had been a little cheaper on release, but is currently still holding its price. The inbound increased by 50 over the next 24 hours and then another 50 by 48 hours. But has been holding at 488.40 round trip since then. I booked a week ago.

I’ve occasionally found a sale that’s lower, but only to Canada or other UD destinations. I’ve not personally found MCO any lower than this. But I don’t go as often as some. I just know I jumped at the price, as for me it was lower than a lot I’d been seeing the past few weeks.

I agree that often first release price isn’t always the lowest, but I think in this case it’s pretty close.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes I think in this case the first release price is pretty much as low as it’ll get. I stayed up until midnight and booked last night (although evidently needn’t have as the price is still the same now at 3pm typical!) but it was still worth it as we got 2 adults 2 children direct flights lgw to mco for £1077 in total, I used £400 of avois so paid a grand total of £677 for all four of us, very pleased with that
Old 3 Dec 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Originally Posted by shawny122 View Post
Yes I think in this case the first release price is pretty much as low as it’ll get. I stayed up until midnight and booked last night (although evidently needn’t have as the price is still the same now at 3pm typical!) but it was still worth it as we got 2 adults 2 children direct flights lgw to mco for £1077 in total, I used £400 of avois so paid a grand total of £677 for all four of us, very pleased with that
Excellent price. No I think you’d struggle to find lower. And in the week I watched the prices before it was time to book mine, some days they went up within an hour, other days they held for the better part of the day, so I still think you did the right thing waiting up. Sod’s law they’d have doubled one way if you waited.

Sounds like we’ll be there at a similar time