Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 19, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Revolut problem

I've had an account since 2016. Most recently used in to buy Universal Photopass on Black Friday. All was well and I went to use it tonight and it says my card is inactive and I need to verify my identity. I'm trying to live chat with them but no answer yet and I'm going to bed now. Has this happened to anyone else?
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So they said I need to use it in a shop using chip and pin which I have already used 4 times successfully in the past month. I asked why has my card been deactivated when it had been working fine for 6 months. I am fully expecting my chip and pin to be declined as my card is inactive for no reason. I'm now thinking about if this happened in Orlando as not a lot of places use chip and pin so my card wouldn't work. What's best Starling or Monzo?
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by minimum77 View Post
So they said I need to use it in a shop using chip and pin which I have already used 4 times successfully in the past month. I asked why has my card been deactivated when it had been working fine for 6 months. I am fully expecting my chip and pin to be declined as my card is inactive for no reason. I'm now thinking about if this happened in Orlando as not a lot of places use chip and pin so my card wouldn't work. What's best Starling or Monzo?
To be fair there was only Disney that didn’t use chip and pin this trip . Every shop including Walmart used it.
I used mine here in the pound shop so it wasn’t a massive transaction and I used the self serve just in case . Hopefully you can use it and all will be ok but I’d take a back up just in case
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
To be fair there was only Disney that didn’t use chip and pin this trip . Every shop including Walmart used it.
I used mine here in the pound shop so it wasn’t a massive transaction and I used the self serve just in case . Hopefully you can use it and all will be ok but I’d take a back up just in case
That's what I'm thinking of doing. It's really annoying how I've had an account since 2016 and had this card for 6 months and I had already activated it and now all of a sudden it's like Im a new customer with a new card. Having to reactivate it and confirm my identity again
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by minimum77 View Post
That's what I'm thinking of doing. It's really annoying how I've had an account since 2016 and had this card for 6 months and I had already activated it and now all of a sudden it's like Im a new customer with a new card. Having to reactivate it and confirm my identity again
Fingers crossed it might sort it . I think the chip and pin activation is pretty new and apart from the security settings that I had to fiddle with it worked pretty well for us and I’ve always been a strictly cash only person.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

It's strange as I have used it in Primark and it was £45 so would have been chip and pin and I used it online last week for buying Universal Photo pass. I think I'll get a starling too incase one doesn't work.
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve had my card for a couple of years as well, and yesterday got asked to verify my identity. I use the card all the time in the UK as I like the save the change feature on it.
Icey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

I have been in contact with them today about it they said there is a fault on the system as we had to reverify identity too.

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
I have been in contact with them today about it they said there is a fault on the system as we had to reverify identity too.
Is everything OK now after you did it. I'm going to do it tomorrow once I look out my passport.
Old 7 Dec 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

I had to verify my identity again as well - though i assumed it was because my DL expired last month.

Having said that, verifying your identity does only take about 60 seconds IF you have your DL or passport on you.

Imo the risk of revolut not working somewhere isn't really any different to any other card. It probably will fail at some point. So I always have at least 3 cards on me that i could use if needed, but 99% of $USD will go through Revolut.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List