Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Dec 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

easyfundraising.uk get everyone to sign up & encourage family etc to join in. Every little helps
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiga6
Imagineer

A jumble sale. My sons scout group does one twice a year and on average it raises £3000 a sale.
We also do race nights and an Art show, but the jumble sale makes the most money for us, its insane!
Old 9 Dec 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are Cub leaders at our Sea Scout Group, have been involved for more than 20 years.

We have a plate smashing and coconut shy stalls at two local fetes during the summer, race nights, ferret race nights, also have done bag packing at Waitrose and Tesco before.

Last month our beavers and cubs did a sponsored swim and have raised over £1000 we also had a Fund page.

We wish you luck with your fund raising and a Merry Christmas to everyone who is involved with Scouts and Guides.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 9 Dec 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Our local group seem to have a Christmas card delivery service. People drop in local area cards and pay 45p per card.

They also put on a lego and trains display once a year.
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by storm View Post
easyfundraising.uk get everyone to sign up & encourage family etc to join in. Every little helps
Our swimming club does this. It soon mounts up if you get friends and family onboard.

How about Easter of Christmas bingo?

Is there a local carnival of fete you can have a cake stall at? Our scouts put the climbing wall up too.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for all of your replies.We have a fundraising meeting coming up, so will mention all of the suggestions given.
For the Valentines night, I am thinking Bingo with a candlelight dinner of fish and chips and some drinks with dancing for the adults after the kids Disco.We have a separate room to the side of the hall where we could put on some movies for kids whilst parents get an hour or so in peace.I know it’s not exactly classy, but it just makes a change from our Pizza and quiz.
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

Sporting dinners , can raise a lot of money , you do need raffle and auction prizes to boost the funds
I once helped organise a race night , with a fish and chip supper . We raised over £4000 , it was quite a lot of work
And as other have mentioned quiz nights do well
The one thing that makes a lot of difference is having contacts , you need to be able to sell tickets to a wider group then the parents of the Scouts . There is a lot of call on people these days for charity events so having friends in 'high places' really helps . other wise its just really a case of the parents handing over money each time , and they will soon get fed up with that .
Scouts in our area help out with parking at events and get a donation or are able to do their own bucket collection . Contact the Rotary clubs in your area , or similar
You could also if you can find a piece of land organise a car boot
I am a Rotarian , and fund raising is a big part of our ethos
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I went to a quiz night at ours a few weeks ago. They served food etc (burgers, sausage, salad, nibbles, desserts etc). They raised over £1000 from that night I think.

They also sell Xmas trees for one weekend in december and deliver them locally.

The group is next to a big park that has one of the biggest firework displays in the south east, so they sell drinks and flashing things etc on that day.
Old 12 Dec 19, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lesley1960 View Post
Sporting dinners , can raise a lot of money , you do need raffle and auction prizes to boost the funds
I once helped organise a race night , with a fish and chip supper . We raised over £4000 , it was quite a lot of work
And as other have mentioned quiz nights do well
The one thing that makes a lot of difference is having contacts , you need to be able to sell tickets to a wider group then the parents of the Scouts . There is a lot of call on people these days for charity events so having friends in 'high places' really helps . other wise its just really a case of the parents handing over money each time , and they will soon get fed up with that .
Scouts in our area help out with parking at events and get a donation or are able to do their own bucket collection . Contact the Rotary clubs in your area , or similar
You could also if you can find a piece of land organise a car boot
I am a Rotarian , and fund raising is a big part of our ethos
I was going to say take care these event don’t turn into just scout parents, wondering why they didn’t all donate a tenner and save the pain!

Bag packing is always good, however as an ex checkout supervisor we always appreciates a well organised bag packing troop, they only tended to happen close to Christmas and Easter though - and for the converted slots around that time of year they had to get in early.

We ran a music concert within my employer and the concert band I play in, we managed to raise about a grand for the chosen charity and most of it came from the raffle and selling tea and cake (the band also buying tea and raffle tickets did somewhat help that figure though!)

Write to your local Waitrose (and tesco now!] and see if you can get into their community token schemes (helps if you have a specific thing to fundraise for)

A sponsored activity would also raise a small sum - something like a sponsored hike in you local scout activity area (and not too much effort for the poor leaders and parents).

A big raffle would also work if you could get local businesses to donate, then ask all the parents to sell tickets to friends and family.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

We regularly organised Pamper Evenings in the past. Relatively pain free to sort out if you have access to a hall. Go onto Facebook and advertise for local therapists - nails, reiki, head massage, eyelashes, reflexology etc etc. A lot of people work for themselves and will jump at the chance to offer discounted treatments in return for new customer contacts. You may also get people selling jewelery, make up, handbags, chocolate fountain, cup cakes... the list can be endless. Charge them £15/20 for a table and a percentage of their sales. You just need to provide the tables (and privacy screens if you get back massages). The therapists take their own bookings on the night.
Ours got so popular people would ask when the next one would take place.
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List