Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Dec 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

Bells Palsy

Woke up on Tuesday morning thinking i had had a stroke Very scary.

Got seen quite quickly by a Dr who diagnosed Bells Palsy and put me on steroids.

Have any of you dibbers had it and if so how long was it before you started seeing any improvements.

I have lost the movement in the left hand side of my face. Feeling very dowwn about it all although i know I should just be thankful it was nothing worse.

Not the best thing to get 5 weeks into a new relationship either
Oct 14 Villa, HRH, AMI - Oct 16 Villa, HRH, AMI
OCT 18 Villa, AMI- June 2019 R&R AMI 17 nights
x_Ange_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I had it over 30 years ago and like you I thought I'd had a stroke,one side of my face had drooped,I felt a bit weird for a couple of weeks,but I do still all this time later have a slight droop to my mouth and one eyebrow.Hope you're better soon x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

What a shock that must have been! I think you are right that it could have been worse but you are also entitled to be feeling a little bit sorry for yourself. I’m sure if your new relationship is meant to be, this will not affect it. Hope you feel better soon. X
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I had it over 30 years ago and like you I thought I'd had a stroke,one side of my face had drooped,I felt a bit weird for a couple of weeks,but I do still all this time later have a slight droop to my mouth and one eyebrow.Hope you're better soon x
Did it restrrict the movement of your mouth - i can't move one side at all so speech is really not good. I can cope with all the other stuff, just wish my mouth wasn't so badly afffected.
x_Ange_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by x_Ange_x View Post
Did it restrrict the movement of your mouth - i can't move one side at all so speech is really not good. I can cope with all the other stuff, just wish my mouth wasn't so badly afffected.
My speech was a bit slurred and I remember drinking and drooling a bit, It's not nice and is worrying, hopefully you'll improve soon.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
What a shock that must have been! I think you are right that it could have been worse but you are also entitled to be feeling a little bit sorry for yourself. I’m sure if your new relationship is meant to be, this will not affect it. Hope you feel better soon. X
Thank you and yeah I know if the tables were turned it wouldn't bother me at all but I am an avid overthinker and feel very very unattractive right now lol.

Just hope things improve sooner rather than later
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
My DS had one when he was 9 years old 😕 He is now 29!

He had steroids too and it was All his left hand side of his face. The doctor told us to buy him McDonald’s milkshakes to drink to encourage his mouth to start to work faster.
We saw a difference around 4 days afterwards, we had to tape his eye closed at night to prevent it drying up as he couldn’t close his eye.

If you like milkshakes give it a go to get your muscles working.

Hope you have a speedy recovery

Jane x

Edited at 12:20 PM.
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
chaddymatt
Excited about Disney

My wife had the condition towards the end of our holiday in Orlando in September. It was amazing how fast it came on but I knew straight away what it was. She was signed off for around 2 months and generally, the condition slowly improved. She's back at work know but her eye isn't quite fully back to how it was. I'm sure you'll see signs of recovery quickly, just make sure your eye doesn't dry out. All the best for a quick recovery!
chaddymatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
My DS had one when he was 9 years old 😕 He is now 29!

He had steroids too and it was All his left hand side of his face. The doctor told us to buy him McDonald’s milkshakes to drink to encourage his mouth to start to work faster.
We saw a difference around 4 days afterwards, we had to tape his eye closed at night to prevent it drying up as he couldn’t close his eye.

If you like milkshakes give it a go to get your muscles working.

Hope you have a speedy recovery

Jane x
thank you

I can cope wwith having to drink McDonalds milkshakes - love them ! Every cloud has a silver lining
Old 13 Dec 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by chaddymatt View Post
My wife had the condition towards the end of our holiday in Orlando in September. It was amazing how fast it came on but I knew straight away what it was. She was signed off for around 2 months and generally, the condition slowly improved. She's back at work know but her eye isn't quite fully back to how it was. I'm sure you'll see signs of recovery quickly, just make sure your eye doesn't dry out. All the best for a quick recovery!
wow 2 months off is alot - i had one day. but then ihave a really easy office job so am very very lucky.