Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Nov 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
We start our bathroom renovation on Thursday and I can't wait. We are getting rid of the shower bath and having a large corner shower (our bathroom is really small) with gloss anthrocite drawers under the sink and a tall cupboard to match sink and toilet. I'm particularly looking forward to the rimless toilet and easily removable toilet seat, is that sad? The tiles are large and grey (that's all I can remember about them) and we are having the same ones on the floor.
Jue x
Sounds fabulous, although I have just had to google rimless toilet. I didn't know such a thing existed!
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
starstruck
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Neither did I but it looks fab and so easy to clean, I can't wait lol.
Jue x
1995 - Villa;1996 - Days Inn LBV;1997 - Days Inn LBV;1998 - Days Inn LBV;2000 - Days Inn LBV;2002 - Springhill Suites Marriott Village;2004 - Fairfield Inn MV;2006 - Springhill Suites MV;2011 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2012 - Grand Beach LBV;2014 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2017 - POR + DDP & Grand Beach Resort LBV;2023 Rosen Inn LBV; 2024 Rosen Inn LBV
starstruck is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Oooh do you have any photos of all of the above you wouldn't mind sharing? You seem a step or two ahead of us and I need as much inspiration as I can get!
Hi, This is a photo of the wallboards in the showroom we visited. They are by Fibo, and the one pictured is the one we are having.
We are having the darker tiled effect strip going up behind the sink to the ceiling too. It's textured and looks so warm and cosy yet modern and contemporary
We are having a radiator like that tall one on the left of the first picture too

The units we are having I don't have photos of I'm sorry.
Not keen on the UPVC boarded ceilings so are having just plastered and downlighters

All exciting!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Hi, This is a photo of the wallboards in the showroom we visited. They are by Fibo, and the one pictured is the one we are having.
We are having the darker tiled effect strip going up behind the sink to the ceiling too. It's textured and looks so warm and cosy yet modern and contemporary
We are having a radiator like that tall one on the left of the first picture too

The units we are having I don't have photos of I'm sorry.
Not keen on the UPVC boarded ceilings so are having just plastered and downlighters

All exciting!
That looks so nice and much easier than tiling I expect too.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
flowerpetal
Gone all Goofy

Hi,

I design bathrooms for a living, I don't mind helping you out if you like?

Where are you planning on buying the sanitary ware from? I can have a look and see what they do in what sizes and see what I can come up with.
flowerpetal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by flowerpetal View Post
Hi,

I design bathrooms for a living, I don't mind helping you out if you like?

Where are you planning on buying the sanitary ware from? I can have a look and see what they do in what sizes and see what I can come up with.
Thank you. My hubby is a builder and so is going to see if his suppliers do anything which is similar to what we like. Ideally we want a sink unit with drawers which is floor standing and not wall hung and then a matching toilet unit and if possible an extra slim cupboard to fill the gap but not sure if there are any that do that in styles we like. We have 1400 to play with. Ideally I don't want handles but I dont want J profile type handle either as I know from experience in our kitchen it will just get full of dust and bits. I have seen some with push opening which would be good. If you can think of any ranges which do what we are looking for that would be a great starting point for us.
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
flowerpetal
Gone all Goofy

Thank you. My hubby is a builder and so is going to see if his suppliers do anything which is similar to what we like. Ideally we want a sink unit with drawers which is floor standing and not wall hung and then a matching toilet unit and if possible an extra slim cupboard to fill the gap but not sure if there are any that do that in styles we like. We have 1400 to play with. Ideally I don't want handles but I dont want J profile type handle either as I know from experience in our kitchen it will just get full of dust and bits. I have seen some with push opening which would be good. If you can think of any ranges which do what we are looking for that would be a great starting point for us.
Where are you from? We have a few suppliers I can point you in the direction of depending where you are in the country
flowerpetal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Where are you from? We have a few suppliers I can point you in the direction of depending where you are in the country
We're in Leeds.
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
flowerpetal
Gone all Goofy

We're in Leeds.
We use Phoenix Bathrooms which are up your way, I think most of their stuff has J handles though, or the ones that don't are wall hung.

I'll have a look when I get into the showroom tomorrow. If nothing else I can put the bathroom onto the CAD for you and do you a 3D view
Old 18 Nov 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We use Phoenix Bathrooms which are up your way, I think most of their stuff has J handles though, or the ones that don't are wall hung.

I'll have a look when I get into the showroom tomorrow. If nothing else I can put the bathroom onto the CAD for you and do you a 3D view
That is so kind thank you.