Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by willow View Post
Have you tried an audible book? I have a pillow that has a speaker in it so I just hook up my iPod to it.
When I struggle to get to sleep I put an audio book on YouTube and it does help me get off. I usually listen to Enid blyton!
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Another vote for the Walmart Equate sleep aid soft gels, I use them regularly, I go through phases of no sleep/recurring nightmares. I find these help a lot. Usually bring a good supply back to the UK
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Zzzquil is also amazing - the warming berries flavour liquid is my favourite
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
zoe3003
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry if this has been mentioned as I haven’t read through all the replies.
As a longer term solution Google sleep hygiene. You have to stick with the plan for a bit but it really helps.
SSR & RPR Aug 15
zoe3003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

White noise app. My daughter has her fan on pointed to the wall.
Medication to help you?
Lavender spray.
Exercise and fresh air before bed.
Alternative treatment like acupuncture or reflexology?
You ve had a huge amount to deal with I imagine your brain is pretty frazzled. Would some sort of counselling help.
Good luck. X
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Night nurse always does the trick for meObviously don’t take often I’m a rubbish sleeper too, worse in menopause now
I exercise a lot, it does not help me I can do 30 mile bike ride & still wake up frequently in the night,
Good luck but as others have said it’s stressed related for you, hope your son will be better soon xx
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Night nurse always does the trick for meObviously don’t take often I’m a rubbish sleeper too, worse in menopause now
I exercise a lot, it does not help me I can do 30 mile bike ride & still wake up frequently in the night,
Good luck but as others have said it’s stressed related for you, hope your son will be better soon xx
Night nurse worked for me as well but I found that the next night my sleeping was even worse so I have now learnt to accept my sleep pattern, meditate and relax and just rest my body.

So yes to night nurse but only if desperate. I should also say that about 6 months ago I had a series of severe nose bleeds so I now avoid anything that drys out nasal mucosal.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have struggled with poor sleep patterns for years. It's always worse if I'm stressed.
I seen a psychologist because of it, after I went through a stage when I was only having an hour or so a night.
I tried all the usual stuff that everyone has previously mentioned.
One bit of advice she gave me that worked was, try and stay awake. Pick an object that's in your sightline, and tell yourself I must not sleep. I need to stay awake and watch that wall or husband's shoulder 😂(whatever you choose ) all night long.
Every time your mind wanders try and bring it back to your " task " of concentrating on staring at whatever it is.
After years of not sleeping this is helping me.

Sometimes the stress of trying to make yourself sleep is what keeps you awake.
Trying to make yourself stay awake is just as difficult.

Doesn't work every night but does sometimes.
Hope it helps. Everything is just so hard when you can't sleep.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

I discovered recently that if I listen to an audio book it helps me drop off.
Before that I'd relied heavily on sleeping tablets.
Might be worth a try. Nothing worse than not sleeping. Xx
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Captain Ethan
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Melatonin is my travel buddy - although doesn’t work for everybody it does for me and surely worth a try ?

Buy over the counter at a pharmacy such as CVS and I know Ralph’s stock it too
Another fan of melatonin, worked wonders for me following our California trip and used intermittently since with great results, No groggy side effects and seems to promote a more natural sleep pattern xx