Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Nov 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile Post xmas ski ideas for complete beginners

I’d like to take my two children skiing just after Christmas - I’ve Skiied once, them never. We will be with two much more experienced skiers.

It needs to be A bit of a shoestring (as much as skiing can be!) and I wondered if anyone has any recommendations of how to start investigating this

Many thanks
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
I’d like to take my two children skiing just after Christmas - I’ve Skiied once, them never. We will be with two much more experienced skiers.

It needs to be A bit of a shoestring (as much as skiing can be!) and I wondered if anyone has any recommendations of how to start investigating this

Many thanks
Try Finland - we went to Levi in January a couple of years ago and it was less than £600 b&B and including lift pass for the both of us

The slopes were lovely but a bit short and unchallenging for us - however they would be perfect for a beginner.

The first time i ever went skiing it was a week in Banff, Canada.
Yes its a bit further away and it will be a bit more expensive but in my view you get LOADS more for your money.
The ski school is excellent too.
Plenty of things to do outside of skiing - but they're not big into Apres Ski like they are in Europe.

Ive been to Canada many times so can help you out if you chose there.

One of the reasons we dont do europe is because there is too much choice and we find that the costs for a week - in a hotel we'd want to stay in - actually work out MORE expensive than our week in Canada!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you - two great suggestions. I have been to Banff in the summer time and loved it. Would like to ski there but I think ideally we just want somewhere closer to home. I hadn’t considered Scandinavia so will definitely have a look at Finland 👍
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

I should perhaps clarify my children are 11 and 12 (so more teens I suppose!), just in case that makes any difference!
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

we did look into going to Bulgaria for skiing as it seemed cheaper than other places(I looked at doing DIY booking) - in the end we booked Lapland for a non skiing trip but considering skiing for next year.
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Seefeld in Austria is good.
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

Dont forget to go to a snowdome here in the UK to ensure your all a bit more ready
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all and yes I’m trying to schedule in a snow dome trip x
Old 7 Nov 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Are you looking at week after Christmas or week after
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

We have spent several Christmases and New Years in Morzine. It really is very pretty with some great slopes for all abilities.

Edited at 08:48 PM.
mandevillepete is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List