Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Nov 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile San Fran or New York

Been thinking of doing a trip to either of these next May. I have VA points and companion vouchers to help with the cost of flights and it will be me and dw and 2 kids aged 15 and 8. Me and dw have been to NY before but it's a long time ago. Was thinking of 5 days but might stretch to 7 if we go to SF. Is there enough to keep us busy in SF for that long? We won't have a car in either place. Any recommendations will be appreciated.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been to SF twice for five days each time but as part of a wider trip. It was about the right length of time but I would stretch to seven if that was all i was doing, even if one day was spent taking it easy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Think 7 is too many for SF, why don’t you do 5 then stop off for 2 nights in NY on way back
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We only went to New York by default (flight changes) so didn't have long there. I know most people really like it but we hated it. I think we might have changed our minds if we had a longer stay. We absolutely loved San Francisco though. We did 5 nights in San Francisco and things we did included a Dylan's tour, watched a baseball game, Segway in the golden gate park, alkatraz, walked to the Golden Gate Bridge and the palace of fine arts, visited a farmers market and had a picnic, cable cars and some shopping.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

San Fran is my favourite city. I’d always opt for it
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Seven days in either for me.
Both cities fine without a car, excellent public transport, and plenty to do.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

I think there are great options in both cities for kids there, however San Fran just moves at that slower pace which makes it easier to stay together without stressing.
We had four nights there and I would have liked 1 more
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We've been to both places twice and our favourite is definitely San Francisco. On both occasions we have only stayed for four days and there's still lots of things we haven't done. Given the choice SF wins hands down for us.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Oooooo, choices choices!
Either city has loads to do to be honest.
7 days is quite a long time but if u feel like getting out of the city both has places you can easily get to for a day trip.
I’d go for NY simply because the flight is shorter and we haven’t been for years, but that’s the only reason as SF is an amazing place
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

Did NY in 2017 and loved it - so much to see and do!

Did SF for 2 days earlier this year in Feb and then was there for 5 days for a work conference in June. I loved SF.

Uber to the other side of bridge get the views then walk back over. I think one day i walked 20 miles. Alcatraz tour is a must but do the first one of the day. 5 days would be enough unless you want to head out of SF (wine country?). Parking is a nightmare so dont bother with car.
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List