Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Nobody mows the grass in November so no, don't.
Not sure about the wheelie bin but what else could you do with your rubbish? Also you've left it for the local council to deal with not for the new owners to deal with
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Thanks everyone for your opinions.

I think i will do just this - we are leaving nothing in the house so will hoover each room as we leave and do a once over of bathrooms and kitchen surfaces as we go.

The next dilemma is should we mow the grass

And it says not to leave any rubbish behind but can we leave rubbish in the wheelie bins?
We did a general clean. It's easy enough to do when the rooms are empty. I vacuumed, dusted, wiped down inside all the cupboards in the kitchen and gave the bathrooms a quick clean and mop. It probably took 4 hours in all.

We did not mow the lawn but it had been done recently so was a respectable length.

We did not leave any rubbish in the wheelie bins - we took it with us. Not sure if this is standard practice though.

We did not like our buyers either.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
And it says not to leave any rubbish behind but can we leave rubbish in the wheelie bins?
Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post
We did not leave any rubbish in the wheelie bins - we took it with us. Not sure if this is standard practice though.

We did not like our buyers either.
We took our rubbish up to the tip as we did the final check round. We did not plan to leave anything for our buyers to complain about - but as you all know that didn't happen

I'd drop it off at the tip as you go past!
Old 12 Nov 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We just cleaned everything as normal. It was much easier when the house was empty.
Our buyers messed us around a bit so we didn't feel inclined to do any more.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Well I wouldn’t clean it any more than it is. I can understand when a place is really dirty but if it’s a house I’m living in then it’s going to be clean. I’d save my money and put it towards a deep clean on my new house.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Well I've booked a cleaner to come on the day we leave and give the place a once over - my dad

I've told him to save most of his energy to clean our new house as I am not sure what state it will be left in - although all the times we viewed it was spotless so fingers crossed it will be OK

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes yes yes clean! Do unto others and all that. I haven’t moved house for 16 years but the lady who bought our last house send me flowers to thank me for leaving it ‘move in’ clean. I view it as a zen thing.