Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Nov 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

Free Dining - Adding AP Holder to Room?

Hello all,

Hoping the Dibb wisdom can steer me in the right path with a couple of questions..we haven't bought annual passes before but with our honeymoon, the 50th anniversary and my 30th all looming within the next few years it might be time to give it a whirl!

So, question one: if I book myself a room when the free dining promotion is next on and meet the qualifications (buy the 14 day ticket from Disney direct etc) so that I have free dining what would happen if I then added my partner (who held an annual pass) to the booking?

Would this

- not be possible without him buying an additional ticket?
-be possible but we would only have one set of free dining credits between us?
-be something else I haven't thought of?

Question two: if we book the room in the usual way and both get free dining but then upgraded to an annual passes during our trip would we lose the dining for the remainder of our stay? I've read you lose fastpasses if you have more than 7 days worth booked so just wondering if it's similar with the dining?

Thank you for any help!

Disney World Florida five times and counting!
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Last year we booked with Disney free DDP on the 2nd day we both upgraded our tickets to annual pass, we kept all our fast passes and free dining, we known that we were going back in the November and also in May so got 3 trips from the annual pass so we did get our moneys worth from the annual pass.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We just watched a vlog and they booked free dining with two week tickets. They upgraded the tickets on day one as the cost of remaining days is discounted from your AP. At least that’s what Wardie’s World said. This didn’t effect their dining or FP’s or ADR’s for the trip they were on at all.
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
We had free dining this summer, and upgraded to AP whilst there. Fastpasses and dining credits were unaffected.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with upgrading whilst already there and keeping free dining! Really appreciate all the help.

Would anyone happen to know the answer to my first question? About what happens if you try to add someone with an annual pass to a room booked with free dining?

Disney World Florida five times and counting!
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jemrock View Post
Thank you all for sharing your experiences with upgrading whilst already there and keeping free dining! Really appreciate all the help.

Would anyone happen to know the answer to my first question? About what happens if you try to add someone with an annual pass to a room booked with free dining?
They wouldn't get the free dining in this case.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jemrock View Post

I don’t know how you could have one person in the room that has a room / ticket package and the other that is just on the room. As far as I can tell, all occupants of the room need to be on the same deal. Certainly there is no way to book like this online, maybe you should call them to make sure.

Regarding your earlier comment about seven days of in 30 days, this applies to offsite AP holders only. An onsite AP holder can book FP for the duration of these online stay.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I would give them a call, but I think Claudette is right, everyone in the same room has to be under the same package, as Disney allocate a certain number of rooms to the different promotions. x
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
We just watched a vlog and they booked free dining with two week tickets. They upgraded the tickets on day one as the cost of remaining days is discounted from your AP. At least that’s what Wardie’s World said. This didn’t effect their dining or FP’s or ADR’s for the trip they were on at all.
Just to pick up on this... it would make no difference to how many days remained on the ticket. The price would be based on the original cost of the 14 day ticket. Not specifically what you paid but what they decide you would have paid, which is why it seems to vary place to place... it seems there is no exact science as to how they work it out.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Claudette is correct, you will have to add the same ticket type to the other room guests. No way around it unless you just don't tell them, something I advise against doing, which could mean both of you get asked to leave when they find out.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List