Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Nov 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluetrekker
Trying for More Ears

Kids Meals for ‘Adults’

So we are visiting next year with the DDP and I’m looking at menus (as you do).

We will have a 14 and 12 year old with us and I expect there will be times when the 12 year old will want a kids meal. Has anyone found an issue with asking for this? And if so, any particular locations where this wouldn’t be OK. Thanks!

Edited at 09:34 PM.
Bluetrekker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

for table service meals you have 2 options pay for a kids meal oop or ask for an adult portion of a kids meal and use the adult credit.

You can not pay a kids meal price at character meals, family dining or dinner shows as those will require an adult credit each due to the kids ages.

Qs meals have no ad/ch distinction so you can order either regardless of age

Edited at 08:53 PM.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
for table service meals you have 2 options pay for a kids meal oop or ask for an adult portion of a kids meal and use the adult credit.
Are those literally the only two options? So they cannot just get a kids meal and pay for it with the adult credit? They might not want an adults portion of a kids meal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Are those literally the only two options? So they cannot just get a kids meal and pay for it with the adult credit? They might not want an adults portion of a kids meal.
Yes you can. You don't have to increase the size of the portion, but it's one of those "may as well" things - May as well get an adult sized portion if I'm using an adult credit. Some teenagers prefer the kids food options but have adult appetites so I think that's why most people would ask.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My kids are both classed as Disney adults at 11 & 13 and when we’ve had DDP they’ve always had kids meals but we’ve just used a credit as usual, it’s not the best use of an adult credit but to be honest I don’t really care because it’s not costing us anything anyway. Only time you have to use an adult credit is at the buffets. We’ve never been questioned over it and the servers are always happy to help, they’re usually very accommodating. The only time on DDP that we’ve paid OOP for the kids is when we wanted to make the credits go further so saved their credits for another meal, again not an issue, it’s very flexible!
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluetrekker
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
My kids are both classed as Disney adults at 11 & 13 and when we’ve had DDP they’ve always had kids meals but we’ve just used a credit as usual, it’s not the best use of an adult credit but to be honest I don’t really care because it’s not costing us anything anyway. Only time you have to use an adult credit is at the buffets. We’ve never been questioned over it and the servers are always happy to help, they’re usually very accommodating. The only time on DDP that we’ve paid OOP for the kids is when we wanted to make the credits go further so saved their credits for another meal, again not an issue, it’s very flexible!
Thanks, that’s useful. I’m less concerned about value than making sure everyone has something they want to eat (and no moaning). From the sounds of it we will be able to pick kids meals as and when required so should be great for us.
Bluetrekker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bluetrekker View Post
Thanks, that’s useful. I’m less concerned about value than making sure everyone has something they want to eat (and no moaning). From the sounds of it we will be able to pick kids meals as and when required so should be great for us.
We didn’t have DDP this year, but last year we did and ate at Mama Melrose on the fantastic dining package. There was nothing on the adult menu my then 10 year old would eat, so I asked the server if he could just have the tomato pasta from the kids menu but a bigger portion which they did no problem. We’re the same and as long as we all eat I don’t really care how the credits are spent.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
You could probably get a kids sized meal if you want but everywhere we asked to have something off the kids menu automatically said they would do an adult sized portion as we were on the dining plan. I do find portions at TS meals are on the small side esp the kids meals so unless your kids have really small appetites I would probably opt for an adult portion.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List